“Good location”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Canada
“Good location”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed here March 2013 - good hotel with a great location. Right beside the Eaton Centre and close to most everything. Rooms were clean and staff were helpful.
No complaints - I plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: I could hear noise from the elevator so a room as far from them as possible would be ideal.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank B V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My 65 year old grandfather and I tried staying at this hotel March 1 2013. We checked in at 4;30, and left immediately for our planned day. We returned to the hotel at 9:30 and decided to have a few drinks and watch a movie before bed. As he is hard of hearing, we had the tv volume up around 25. About 10:30, there was a knock on our door, it was 2 members of security informing us that they had received a noise complaint and we had 10 minutes to pack our stuff and leave. I told him the 2 of us had just been watching tv, he said it didn't matter. As talking to security in the hall, a woman in the room beside us opened her door a crack and asked us to be quiet. Security did not say anything, clearly we were beside someone with ridiculous expectations. We were asked again to pack up and go downstairs to speak with the afternoon manager, which we did. We explained the story to her, only for her to look at her watch, and tell us we had to wait for the night manager, as she obviously did not want to deal with it in the last 15 minutes of her shift. While waiting, the hotel security who came and got us were being extremely immature, giggling to each other and looking/pointing at us. When the night manager finally came out at 11:20, I explained my story again, every detail from the tv volume to the woman beside us to not being sober enough to drive, although by now I was alright. We asked to switch rooms, no. We said we will go straight to bed, no. We asked for a refund, no. He did tell us he would walk us to the nearest hotel though. We had to leave. We stayed in the Holiday Inn across the street for the rest of the weekend (which was fantastic). This morning (Tuesday) I checked my credit card to see that I ha still been charged for both nights I planned which is $360, parking which I understand, but was $60, and I also have a $200 hold from the hotel which felt desk could not explain. I was given the number of Director Of Rooms, who arrives at the hotel this afternoon. So, when you sign the paper at the front desk that says No noise, No refund, be aware it only takes one complaint to lose your room and your money. Don't bother staying here is you plan on doing anything other then sleeping.

• Stayed March 2013
9 Thank rafty4life
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Location is fantastic. (if you want to be where the action is, this is the place) Service is fantastic.( Staff was always right there to help) Food was very good. The room was clean and i had a great sleep (a lot can be said about a good bed) Yes, the decor and walls can be updated though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chaperoneguy
London, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I spent three nights at this property on a business trip in a more or less standard room (two double beds on the 14th floor). The room was spacious, the bed comfortable (one of them anyway) and the bathroom was well lit and clean. The decor was a little dated (mustard coloured walls) and the view was to the north i.e. buildings but there was nothing unpleasant about the room at all. The best part was the heating system which was both effective and quiet so I could leave it on at night without a roaring fan to wake me up.
I didn't use the restaurant but I did use the fitness facility two times. The fitness room is located on the top floor so you can gaze out at the skyline while on the equipment. There was a good selection of up-to-date machines, weights and towels. The room is open 24/7 - nice for us early risers.
The only glitch I had was trying to order room service. I called twice at about 10PM but no one ever answered.
There are lots of restaurants nearby but only fast food places open before 7AM.

Room Tip: No traffic noise on the higher floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed for three nights, and the staff and facilities were more than adequate (but less than outstanding), and the hotel is conveniently located for access to the Four Seasons Center for the Performing Arts, and a block from the subway, across Bay St. from City Hall. The room was spacious, though somewhat dated, but it was a quite pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed here for just one night on a shopping trip. It was conviently located close to the Eaton's center which was literally a 5 min walk away. The rooms are starting to look a little out dated (819) Would have been nice to have one mirror outside the bathroom, as every other hotel does, hard for 2 people to get ready in the morning with out one.
The rooms were very clean, beds were very comfortable. The wifi cost $15 for in room. The wifi was free in the lobby.
Dinner was great at the hotel restaurant and our server was very professional.
Prices were a little expensive, $20 per meal aprox.
For breakfast we ordered room service which came in a timely fasion. , it was also expensive $16-20 for a full meal.
Hot cereal $10
cereal $7
Toast $5
The meal was very good:)
We asked for extra milks to be brought up to our room for our coffees which came timely as well.
There is a coffee maker and free coffee & tea in room.
I the service and cleanilness rates it a 5, but the outdated decor, put it without free wifi in the room and no mirror put it down a notch for me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank barjil
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2013

It isn't my first choice when I go to Toronto, which is quite often, We stayed weekend of Feb 8/9 2013 and I chose this because of all the snow and the connection to the Eatons Centre.The hotel was lovely, the staff was pleasant and helpful and the room was clean and spacious. My problem was with the pillows, which were atrocious and the towels, which were dreadful. They were thin, old and scratchy. I had an uncomfortable sleep, and for this reason my first stay at a Marriot will be my last.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends