“highly recommended, great views”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Toronto

Hilton Toronto
Ranked #33 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Louisville, United States
“highly recommended, great views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel is very stylish and well kept. From the upper floors, the views of Toronto are amazing. If you have Gold priveledges or better, definitely take the time to go to the executive lounge on the 32nd floor.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Daniel,
Thank you for your comments on Hilton Toronto! We hope to see you again soon!
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Visited the hotel for 5 nights and stayed in room 2115. Room itself was on the executive floor and was nicely decorated. There are a few comments on TripAdvisor about the rooms feeling a little tired- other than the desk needing re-covered, I can't say I noticed.

I feel rooms on this side of the building are fairly dull and don't get much natural light- you need to turn on all the lamps in the room to get a good bit of light in there. There is still a nice view, especially at night.

Location wise- the hotel is in the heart of downtown. Its an excellent base for exploring the city.

Our room included access to the executive lounge which is nice and roomy- with great views over the city (lounge is on the 32nd floor). Monday- Friday, the hosts Mary and Jim are excellent. They have a fab attitude and are full of charm and warmth. Jim is also good with his suggestions of places to see and do in the city.

At the weekend I felt the lounge was too busy for the staff the hotel had on. They were working hard to keep the food replenished and clear tables- but we had to sit at dirty tables both days (and they were not cleared for the duration of our breakfast). An extra team member at the weekend could be placed here to make it a better breakfast experience.

A bit of a gripe from me and my partner was the Wifi. As a HHonors Gold member, and staying on an executive floor, we were entitled to free Wifi. The quality of the Wifi was abysmal! It kicks you out every now and again, and you constantly have to re-enter your password. Sometimes it didn't connect- and it was excruciatingly slow. I would be livid if I had paid the premium prices the hotel charge for such a poor service! We did speak to the Wifi support team who didn't seem to fix anything.

Another niggle was the pool. I really don't understand why a hotel would have a pool but not offer the type of locker you can insert a coin to lock (or something similar). Instead, you have to go to a shop and buy a padlock if you want to use the pool lockers to secure your belongings. There was no signage or anything indicating this which would be useful.

Overall I feel the hotel is an average Hilton. Nothing WOW, and nothing really poor about it. I was satisfied staying here- but feel there are other Hiltons that exceed the standards of this one.

Room Tip: I would suggest an even room number as high as up as possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Steven C:
Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your stay. We will look into the items you mentioned in order to create better experiences for our guests.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The location of Hilton Toronto is very favorable for business visitors - it is located close to the business district and shopping and entertainment is not too far away at the Eaton Centre. The subway is across the road (osgoode) and the airport transfer stops at the Sheraton directly opposite the Hilton. It has a decent gym and pool and very prompt service. One gripe though is that wifi is not free (it should not be in this day and age) and bottled water is only given to hilton honors silver members. Basic hospitality like this should be taken care of.

Lastly avoid the 02 rooms which are rather noisy from the movements of the elevator located next to these rooms. I took the option of an upgrade to a deluxe room located next to the elevator and even though I am not a light sleeper, it is rather disconcerting to hear it in the early mornings.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear keiragopi:
Thank you for sharing your review of Hilton Toronto! I will pass your comments on to the team members at the hotel for actioning.
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I last stayed in this hotel 8 years ago and was impressed then, so decided to try it again. This time, not so impressed. The room was tired and worn: the finish on the furniture was worn off and chipped in places, the lamp over the desk needed to be coaxed to turn on, etc. It was also quite loud (7th floor so lots of street noise, and three doors from the elevator - this although I had specifically requested a room away from the elevators). The internet was a hassle to access, at first I thought it was my laptop's settings but actually the network was just not working. The worst though - there were hairs in the bathtub that were not mine. Yuck! Ordered room service once for dinner and it was fast but the food was so-so and cost over $60. Otherwise I did not eat at the hotel. On the plus side, the location was very convenient, the service friendly and the bed comfortable. Maybe I was expecting too much but frankly I was underwhelmed.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor away from the elevator if you can.
1 Thank kippycam
Dear kippycam:
Thank you for your review of Hilton Toronto. I have passed your comments on to the team here at the hotel so that they can address your concerns with their teams. We will be renovating over 150 rooms starting in June. We are also undertaking various projects to upgrade furniture and fixtures in other rooms.
usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed just for a night recently. Great location and the higher floor has great views of CN tower & the downtown Toronto. Parking fee is a rip off at over $40 a day. You can find a cheaper parking about 2 blocks away.The breakfast at the Executive lounge was pathetic with no varieties.
There was No sausage, No Cheese, No scrambled egg. If you are paying for it than you are wasting your money.
I called to have my coffee making machine fixed but No one came in. It was than the check out time and went downstairs & asked the lady why I wasn't able to get the coffee machine working to get a coffee. She told me not to worry and took me to the Tundra Cafe in the lobby. I made sure to her that there was No charge and she said she talked to the people working at the Cafe to not charge me. After few minutes of waiting, A guy comes with a coffee and a bill . He tells me to pay $5 for it. I took the bill back to the front desk lady and asked her what was going on. I asked to speak to a manager. The manager or supervisor came and I explained the situation. I got the coffee after waiting 2 more minutes. I told her I am not happy about this and someone should have come to my room to take to look at the coffee machine. She promised to compensate me with something for the inconvenience mess. So far I haven't seen one.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear kstkt K:
Thank you for your frank feedback. It is very concerning to me that we did not meet your expectations with regards to attending to the items you mentioned. I am personally investigating this incident to see where the breakdown occurred so that it does not happen again. We serve a "continental" breakfast in our Executive Lounge, which is typically a limited menu of cold items such as pastries, cereal, yogurt, etc. However, we do alternate an egg dish daily from boiled to scrambled to omelets. Otherwise our Breakfast Buffet in Tundra Restaurant offers a full hot buffet with eggs to order, breakfast meats and cheeses.
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I received a letter last week from Hilton reminding me how long it had been since they had seen me - lucky for me that this week I would be spending 5 nights at the Toronto Hilton so we could get reacquainted! Well, not much has changed since my last stay two years ago. The wireless internet has been set so that you need to continuously and repeatedly logon with your password. The shower head had a weird spray angle that I could not change which flooded the floor of the bathroom. My cable reception was extremely poor. I asked at the front desk about the shower and the cable - they said they would send someone but there was no change to the shower or cable reception during my stay. Exercise facility is decent but they could replenish the equipment sanitizer and have water near by. Front desk staff were friendly but unsure why newspapers were delivered some days and not others. I think my room must have been directly below the executive lounge on the 32nd floor which made it quite loud when they cleaned it in the evenings. An inconsistent experience for sure.

Dear JNiner:
Thank you for your feedback on Hilton Toronto. I apologize that your experience was not up to par. I have sent your comments to the operations team here to follow up and fix the problems that you encountered.
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is definitely one of the best hotel linked to the underground PATH system. You have access to all the downtown shopping and large office buildings - great when you don't have to get out in the cold or rain to attend a meeting. Highly convenient and great service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Hugh,
Thank you for commenting on Hilton Toronto! the PATH is a great way to get around town, whether it's shopping, taking in a game, or getting to a nearby restaurant without going outside! have a great day!