“Wonderful weekend stay”

Ranked #33 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Cleveland, OH
“Wonderful weekend stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

After 50+ nights on the road alone for business so far in 2013, my girlfriend and I decided that a weekend getaway was in order.

Since we're both art fans and have wanted to visit Toronto for a while Nuit Blanche provided the perfect excuse to visit. While the weekend was far to short -- we really can't wait to get back -- it was wonderful. And the Hilton Toronto was in the perfect location both for attending--and then observing--Nuit Blanche but also exploring a small corner of Toronto and easy street car access for further exploits.

Though I had not seen any signs for self-parking when we pulled in, a valet helpfully suggested that we might want to self park for both convenience and for a much lower nightly rate. Upon checkin a wonderfully cheerful associate arranged a room with a king bed instead of the two doubles we had reserved (no kings available at that time).

The room on the 23rd was spacious and had a wonderful view; the only real negative was the table and nightstands have definitely seen better days -- but after completing the Hilton HHonors survey, I was told upgrades are in store for later in 2013.

Given the circumstances -- thousands of people in the streets enjoying contemporary -- the room was a bit noisy late at night, however I have to assume that this is not a regular occurrence. I heard no noise from the hallways or adjacent rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonYYZ, Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear LinkolnJKC,

Thank you for your nice comments! I am glad you enjoyed Toronto and Nuit Blanche, it is a great show! We hope to see you back next year!

Warm Regards,

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

After our late check in we did our teeth before retiring and found the cold water a bit on the warm side. In the morning we tried to have a shower and the water was extremely hot, if not boiling, so we could not shower. We tried the bathroom sink taps and the cold also was extremely hot, if not boiling. We called for service, explaining the problem, and maintenance came. They said they would have to go upstairs to look at it. We had to leave for breakfast and when we returned it had been fixed but we had to check out right away. At the front desk we told the clerk about the problem who seemed unaware of it and that was the end of the conversation. No personality and just another person to get out of the hotel. Not a good representation for the hotel. TERRIBLE. It seemed odd that no other 07 room had reported it as the problem had to come from the top floor and affected all 07 rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Keith,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! Please do accept our most sincere apologies for the service challenges you mentioned as this is not our usual high level of service for which our team strives to deliver.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Well located for business and taking advantage of Toronto's arts scene. The gym is great and the indoor/outdoor pool looks fantastic (though I never actually used the pool). The rooms are a good size and nicely appointed. I would definitely stay here again. Only reason it didn't get a 5? The bathroom was just odd and looked like it was cutting edge design...in 1999. Time for a refresh guys. :) Still, the towels were soft, the bedding nice, and the service was good, so overall a sting choice for your next visit to Toronto.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HiltonYYZ, Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear JEPCda,
Thank you for choosing Hilton Toronto! I am pleased to inform you that we will be starting a room renovation next spring. We are very excited about a new and updated product! Hope to see you back!
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

I only stayed here one night for business. The staff was very friendly. Everyone I interacted with from the front desk to the restaurant staff to the bellhops were genuinely warm.

This hotel is convenient for the convention center, as it took about 10 minutes walking. There are many restaurants and bars in close proximity. I imagine it is also easy to get to the famous CN tower from here, as well.

As for the room, it was spacious and the bed was comfortable. There was a large flat screen TV with plenty of viewing options. My room was clean enough, but there was someone else's hair, just one, in the sink, and the phone was kind of grimy. My biggest complaint has to do with poor lighting. The room was dim with every light turned on. Also, when you enter and flip the switch by the door, only a small entry light comes on. You have to walk further into the dark bedroom to turn on lights by the desk and bed. It was kind of a weird set-up. If management reads this, please take note that your lighting needs improvement.

Aside from the lighting and minor cleaning issues, I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking to stay in downtown Toronto for business or pleasure. The positives outweighed the negatives and the hotel is priced correctly.

1 Thank VacationDude
Dear Vacationdude,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Toronto. I have shared your concerns about the minor cleanliness issues with the housekeeeping team. We hope to see you again!
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had a executive king room. Very good size and as we were on 21st floor, we had a great view over city hall etc. . (rooms at back do not have such a nice view). Room was clean and the bed comfortable. We used the executive lounge and the evening snacks were good but they charge C$9.50 for a glass of very mediocre wine.

Room Tip: Get room on the city hall side for the view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonYYZ, Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer:
Thank you for your comments on our hotel! We are replacing our current wine selection with better quality California brands in the Executive Lounge. The order has been placed and the wine should be there by next week.
Have a great day!
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This hotel is centrally located in downtown Ontario. Everything is a walk or subway ride from here. I am a Hilton Gold member and the only thing I have to say negative about this hotel is that the Executive Lounge charges for beer and wine. It is the only Executive lounge that I have ever seen do this. The Beer and Wine is left out on the counter and when we arrived just before the lounge closed we had a couple of beers each. I was then asked to fill out a "chit" voucher to charge them to my room. I would not have taken them if I had known. I would have went downstairs to the happy hour. I wouldn't care too much if the drinks were priced reasonably but they charge $8.00 to $9.00 for a beer or wine. You can purchase them for less downstairs. I could have seen $5.00 a beer but not double that. That is my only issue with this hotel. Other than that I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: This is a very tall 35 story building so there are great views from all sides.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Molly,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. In Ontario we are not permitted by law to give out complimentary alcoholic beverages. However, I will review our pricing with my team based on your comments!
Brandon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Hilton Toronto was a very nice hotel. We stayed in a King Room that was roomy and clean. The faucet in the bathroom dripped and the desk was a little damaged, but overall nice. The view from our room looked out towards City Hall. They have a scenic elevator too. The meals provided for the conference were only okay.

Dear Rick W:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We greatly appreciate your business and hope that we will see you again soon!