“Nice Hotel, Friendly Staff”
Review of Hilton Toronto

Hilton Toronto
Ranked #36 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was a standard Hilton experience. I was upgraded to a room on the executive floor, which I appreciated. The room was clean, and efficient. I spent only one night here, but I chose it for the Hilton brand and I know what to expect, which is reassuring when time is precious. The location was central to where I needed to go and the lobby staff were very helpful in helping figure out the area. All in all, a solid Hilton experience, I'd use the hotel again when I return to Toronto.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
HiltonYYZ, Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear ITView,
Thank you for your feedback on your hotel. I do hope that we can exceed your expectations on your next visit!
Have a great weekend,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Overall it was good considering that the hotel is in the middle of busy downtown TO. Although, I could here a lot of ambulance sirens, it was overall excellent even for just a night. I liked the breakfast most of all. They over a variety of menus that other hotels would not serve. Although, there was one little thing that I did not appreciate. One of the shampoo bottles that was in the room was empty and it had a strand of hair obviously from the previous occupants. I expected that the supplies would have been prepared and complete before we entered the room. We had to ask for an extra set of shampoos and conditioners. I was also expecting a bar fridge. Our room did not have one.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Agnes,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay in Toronto. I will pass your comments along to my housekeeping staff!
have a great day!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed 2 nights on the 12th floor. Check-in was quick and efficient. The room was a good size and the beds were very comfortable. I was surprised that there was no fridge and that internet/WiFi was not free. On the Saturday night around midnight the power went out. Luckily we were settled for the night and had our own flashlight as we didn't discover the note from management advising of the power outage until Sunday morning. The note should have been placed in an obvious location like on the pillow, under the door or even on the toilet seat where it wouldn't be missed. A broadcast message via the telephone system earlier in the day would have also ensured guests were aware of the outage. The day of departure I wanted to arrange for a late check out and this is the first time I stayed at a hotel where I had to call guest services 5 or 6 times before getting through. Most hotels pick up the phone immediately. Probably won't stay at the Hilton on Richmond again as there are other four star hotels in the same area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear MasterCGA,
I am disappointed to hear that the Hilton Toronto did not live up to your expectations. I will review your comments with the team so that we may improve our procedures in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at the Hilton Toronto at the 9th floor. The room was very large and the bed very very good. Internet also very good. The bathroom was small when compared with the room, it had everything but needs to be renewed. The breakfast for me was very good. The service in general excellent. About the location cannot be better, once it is at a walk of everything in Toronto downtwon. So I recommend the Hilton Toronto. In fact it is not fantastic, but all the things toghether means it deserve five points. For me it is a very good option to visit Toronto.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Elica49!
Thank you for a 5 star rating and thank you for such nice comments! I am thrilled that you had a wonderful stay!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I recently added on a weekend trip to Toronto having never been there as I had business in Niagara Falls. As the hotels in Toronto all seemed comparably priced, my husband and I booked Hilton as we are Hilton Honors guests. We had a room on the 31st floor which was large and spotless upon our arrival. We were told on Friday when checking in of the power outage the following night and were told to stop back for flashlight and bottled water, which we did. We had no problems with the outage and were given complimentary breakfast buffet as well. We enjoyed the location as easy to tour the city, self-parked in the adjacent garage, found the front desk helpful although we did have one issue. Apparently the cleaning staff accidentally removed the remote for our TV when cleaning while we were out touring and it did take awhile for housekeeping to send up a replacement that matched our TV. We had stopped back to relax for a bit after visiting the AGO and planning our evening dinner plans so that was inconvenient but not a big deal. I would recommend and stay there again if I ever have reason to visit Toronto.

Room Tip: we also request a high floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Bookmama22!
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay while in Toronto at our Hilton Hotel! Thank you for your nice comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Fairly grubby surroundings for downtown Toronto. The hotel itself was good; clean and updated rooms, nice restaurant and bar, but nothing was fantastic value for money. Getting a taxi wasn't easy as too many gypsy cabs/limos around, presumably the Hilton concierges were organizing that!! Not what you'd expect in such a civilized city. A little disappointing overall.

Room Tip: Stay at the Four Seasons

Dear AWWitfield,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience in Toronto. I will pass your comments on to the concierge team. Our standard is to only use properly licensed taxis for our guests.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at this property for one night as part of a group for a meeting. My room was on the 31st floor with great Northern views of the city. The room was nicely updated and contemporary with a comfortable bed and bedding. The Peter Paul Roth toiletries were a nice touch. Our group was granted access to the Executive Boardroom for our meeting where the amenities were much appreciated. The property was conveniently located near many restaurants and pubs all within walking distance. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the restaurant in the morning. Although the selection was very good, we were surprised by the $25 charge. Seemed high even by downtown Toronto standards. Overall, the stay was quite fine.

Dear CopRasFam,
We appreciate your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your time in Toronto!