“weekend in Toronto”

Ranked #35 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
suburb of NYC
“weekend in Toronto”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I recently added on a weekend trip to Toronto having never been there as I had business in Niagara Falls. As the hotels in Toronto all seemed comparably priced, my husband and I booked Hilton as we are Hilton Honors guests. We had a room on the 31st floor which was large and spotless upon our arrival. We were told on Friday when checking in of the power outage the following night and were told to stop back for flashlight and bottled water, which we did. We had no problems with the outage and were given complimentary breakfast buffet as well. We enjoyed the location as easy to tour the city, self-parked in the adjacent garage, found the front desk helpful although we did have one issue. Apparently the cleaning staff accidentally removed the remote for our TV when cleaning while we were out touring and it did take awhile for housekeeping to send up a replacement that matched our TV. We had stopped back to relax for a bit after visiting the AGO and planning our evening dinner plans so that was inconvenient but not a big deal. I would recommend and stay there again if I ever have reason to visit Toronto.

Room Tip: we also request a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonYYZ, Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Bookmama22!
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay while in Toronto at our Hilton Hotel! Thank you for your nice comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Fairly grubby surroundings for downtown Toronto. The hotel itself was good; clean and updated rooms, nice restaurant and bar, but nothing was fantastic value for money. Getting a taxi wasn't easy as too many gypsy cabs/limos around, presumably the Hilton concierges were organizing that!! Not what you'd expect in such a civilized city. A little disappointing overall.

Room Tip: Stay at the Four Seasons
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear AWWitfield,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience in Toronto. I will pass your comments on to the concierge team. Our standard is to only use properly licensed taxis for our guests.
Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed at this property for one night as part of a group for a meeting. My room was on the 31st floor with great Northern views of the city. The room was nicely updated and contemporary with a comfortable bed and bedding. The Peter Paul Roth toiletries were a nice touch. Our group was granted access to the Executive Boardroom for our meeting where the amenities were much appreciated. The property was conveniently located near many restaurants and pubs all within walking distance. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the restaurant in the morning. Although the selection was very good, we were surprised by the $25 charge. Seemed high even by downtown Toronto standards. Overall, the stay was quite fine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear CopRasFam,
We appreciate your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your time in Toronto!
ottawa, Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2013

room was good, location is excellent but food was disappointing. Service was excellent and very helpful. Desk light was not working so computer was difficult to navigate. had to request bottled water even though I was told it was in my room. Missed the chocolate which is always a treat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Betty,
Thank you for letting us know that your food and beverage experience was not up to standard. I sent you a separate email with regards to getting more details so that we can make improvements. I look forward to your comments!
Warm Regards,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We booked rooms in the Hilton both for myself, my nephew and wife, as we were coming across from Vancouver and he was travelling from Ottawa. The Hilton as I imagined would be a superior hotel with high standards but alas we found this to be different. Unfortunately there was a power shut-down on Sat 28th Sept for which all hotels had to contend with, not only the Hilton. We were advised at check-in and given a flashlight and a couple of water bottles. Arising the next morning to find the power back on but alas no hot water at all. Not nice having to wash in cold water. We were advised this would be restored asap. As we were out all day it was not until late afternoon we were able to shower in hot water. The bathroom cleanliness needs to be look at where we were on the 27th floor. The restaurant provided us with a nice meal and the buffet breakfast seemed a bit overpriced at $28.00 per head. All in all I was disappointed but that will not stop me trying another Hilton hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lellydw
Dear Lellydw,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Please do accept our most sincere apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations. While the areas that you mention are brand standards for North America, we will certainly review your comments with our team as part of their ongoing training and development. We appreciate your feedback and do hope that we will have the opportunity to be of service in the future.
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Exceptional! The Hilton is perfectly located downtown, close to shopping, the business district, and the University. From my arrival, I was offered an upgrade at check-in. I arrived in my room, to find it clean and tastefully decorated. Every staff member I met was courteous and helpful. With a late night arrival, I used valet parking. On departure my vehicle was brought to me in a very timely fashion. The whole experience was excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pharmgirl,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We appreciate your comments and will certainly share them with our team! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back whenever your travel plans include Toronto!
Carleton Place, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed here in August for 4 days for a conference. Pool is one of the best assets of this hotel and is well used by guests unlike most hotels. Room was large and well appointed. Very comfortable. I asked for a quiet room and even though the hotel was full I never had any problems with noise. The resteraunt on the main floor was very good. The hotel is within a few blocks walk to several choices of places to eat for every budget.
I pre-booked to see a show the first night before the conference started and was very pleased to discover it was only a 10 min walk to the Princess of whales Theatre.
I called the hotel ahead of time for directions since I had read there was construction. Using their directions I had no difficulty getting to the hotel at all.
I would have given this hotel a 5 star rating but there were two problems
1. Concierege was terrible. Often was not at the desk, and when he was, almost everything we asked about he did not know the answer to and made no effort to find out.
The front desk staff ws very good that needs to transfer to the concierege.
2. Elevators. Because the hotel was full and there were 2 major conferences going on the crowds at times were very large. saturday night the line for the elevator was 20 minutes! I have never seen any thing so poorly laid out for the number of people the hotel holds.
I finally got upstairs to my room...and the key did'nt work so I called down stairs to have them come up..20 min later they still had not arrived (now 40 min from when I started up to my room) I went back downstairs got key sorted and ..yup waited another 20 min in the line to get upstairs. Finally got to the pool over an hour later where my friend was waiting..for an hour for me.
over all a very solid 4 star hotel
A bonus to this hotel is it is part of the underground tunnel system. I enjoyed exploring a few of the shops and places to eat down there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I have shared your comments with our concierge and guest services departments so that they may implement procedures to improve our services! Have a great day!
Beth Osborne, Director of Operations