“Good hotel, great location for business”
Review of Hilton Toronto

Hilton Toronto
Ranked #36 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Toronto recently whilst in town for a conference, in a club room. I thought the rooms themselves were a little tired but were very clean. My room was quite noisy due to its proximity to the lifts - I was warned about this on arrival and it didn't bother me personally at all as I was barely ever in the room - but if you are going to be in the room a lot it would be better to be in a room away from the lift well. The club lounge was good, although sometimes it was a little difficult to get a seat (however the hotel was booked out for a large international conference so this was understandable) and the evening snacks were very generous, although I thought there was some room for improvement in the morning breakfast buffet. A pleasant stay however, I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities, in particular the Executive Lounge, and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations!

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Andy Loges, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,194)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently enjoyed a three night stay at the Hilton Toronto. I LOVED every minute at this hotel. It's location is perfect! I was able to walk everywhere I needed to go from this location and nothing was more than 15 minutes walking distance. The concierge (sorry, I am blanking on his name) was so helpful and was able to give me quick and easy directions for every place that I wanted to go to. My room was spacious, quiet and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was plentiful. I would definitely stay at this Hilton again.
As an aside, you must eat at Richmond Station, about 2-3 blocks down the street. It is amazing!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time in Toronto and the overall services, downtown location, accommodations and services of the Concierge at the hotel!

We do hope that you will visit us again whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Have a great week!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Selected this hotel because it was near the the conference I was attending. Location was great- could walk many places and public transportation was nearby. Self-parked in the hotel's ramp and left my car there even while at the conference. Parking was $24/day which is the going rate in Toronto. Scenic elevator was nice, sometimes had to wait a bit, but not unreasonable. Spacious, clean rooms, lots of TV stations. Unfortunately, did not have time to take advantage of the gym or the pool. Only complaint- I wish the Hilton would include free WiFi in its room prices. Hotels that are much less expensive include WiFi. Would stay there again if I attend the same conference next year.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your Toronto experience as part of the conference you were attending.

Although the Hilton brand does not include WiFi access in all rates as a standard amenity, many packages are available which will include this service along with many other "value adds" which I would recommend for anyone wishing to utilize WiFi access and for whom the complimentary lobby computer stations are not convenient.

Should your future travel plans include Toronto and if you are attending the same conference next year, we would be delighted to welcome you again!

Have a great day!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hilton scored with this location. It is near some historic landmarks and other facilities that will not block the view to the North. Very close to subways, Chinatown, and other essential features of Toronto. Convenient parking. Breakfast service on the club level is delicious with a superb view. Pool is over-chlorinated and super shallow (3-4 feet). Staff are friendly but sometimes slow to afford diamond status benefits.

Room Tip: North view is not as obstructed as the South, due to historic and other landmarks on the North.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your overall stay, our location and the breakfast service in our Executive Lounge.

Your constructive criticisms regarding the chlorine levels in the pool and the efficiency with which our staff afford Diamond status benefits has been noted. We will certainly share your comments with those departments concerned and appreciate the fact that you took the time to express your views.

We appreciate your patronage and hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back whenever your future travel plans include Toronto.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nothing over the top , just a solid, clean hotel in a good downtown location. Concierge was also very helpful with things to do etc. We had the breakfast included in our rate which was a good buffet. 5-10 minute walk to most of the downtown attractions. Lots of good restaurants nearby too!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience, the hotel and location and Toronto!

We appreciate your patronage and hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great hotel, loved the exposed elevators so we could see the City scape as we went up to our floor. Rooms were very spacious with a huge desk area which I utilized a lot as I was traveling for work. Great location with the Eaton Centre just a few blocks away. Used cabs so I'm not sure about their location in regards to public transport. Front desk and concierge staff were very helpful whenever we needed them. Good lunch at the hotel restaurant, however breakfast was very expensive, and I opted to walk two blocks to a Second Cup and Tim Hortons vs. paying way to much for a small cup of coffee at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that the scenic elevators, rooms, location and staff members you encountered within the hotel were able to meet your expectations!

Although we try to include a vast amount of selection on our breakfast menu to accommodate all guest requirements, I will certainly share your comments concerning the pricing with our Culinary team for their review. As they update and modify the menu offerings and prices seasonally, you've certainly given us some "food for thought" about possible changes we can make.

We do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again, whenever your future travel plans include Toronto!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Spent several days for business at the Hilton Toronto.

On the positive side:
- Hotel staff helpful for meeting logistics
- Hotel staff in the restaurant area kind and accommodating
- Located close by to downtown sites
- Solid working area in the room

On the negative side:
- Room was noisy at night; room doors are not closing well and constant street noise at the 25+ floor
- Food at the hotel quite pricey and room orders several times not complete
- Part of the room not well maintained; shower regulator broken; room cleaning insufficient - traces of earlier guests in multiple places
- Restaurant and bar area cold; air from entrance blowing constantly

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us following your stay for several days as part of a business trip. While you were able to enjoy the location and found the staff to be helpful, kind and accommodating for meetings and in the restaurant, we did note your dissatisfaction with several areas.

We apologize for the housekeeping issues you encountered and having shared your comments with our team, we will work harder to prevent similar issues moving forward. We know our guests deserve the best in comfort and cleanliness and we hope you will consider staying with us again so we can show you the true quality in our property should you return to our area in the future.

Enjoy the balance of your week!