“Fantastic Hotel”
Review of Hilton Toronto

Hilton Toronto
Ranked #38 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed there for a conference recently and thought it was a great Hotel, rooms were spacious and had everything I needed. Only had Food at the conference and it was all of good quality.
Staff was friendly and very courteous.
Only negative, you pay for internet where most smaller Hotels offer it for free.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MD1970154913
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience as part of the conference you were attending and enjoyed the rooms and food served at the conference.

Although the Hilton brand does not include WiFi access in all rates as a standard amenity, many packages are available which will include this service, along with many other "value adds", which I would recommend for anyone wishing to utilize WiFi access and for whom the complimentary lobby computer stations are not convenient.

Should you future travel plans include Toronto, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again. Have a great week!

Andy Loges, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,252)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at this Hilton for business travel to TO on March 24th - 25th. Check-in was quick and courteous. The room was very large with a king sized bed. Room decor was very nice and modern and was extremely clean. The bed was very comfortable, as was the lounge chair. Location was excellent for my purposes. I did not eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food. All in all it was a very pleasant stay, however, for the price I did have a couple minor complaints:
- breakfast was not included (this is included at the Hilton Garden Inns where I typically stay on personal travel)
- charges $15 for wi-fi access (again, this is included at the more budget Hilton Garden Inn line, why it's not included at these is Hiltons I can't understand, especially when you can get it for free at most coffee shops and restaurants)
- no fridge in the room
- the tv was a bit too small for the size of the room (maybe 26")
- the shower head and drain plug in the tub were broken (the shower head hose where it meets the head was cracked and prayed water everywhere)

Again, most of these complaints were minor and I would consider staying here again, however, I suspect that I could find better value for the money elsewhere downtown).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time share your feedback following your recent visit for business travel just last week. I am pleased to hear that check in was quick and courteous, you enjoyed the room layout, decor and comfort of the bed.

On another note, your comments concerning breakfast not being included, nor WiFi have been noted. Although the Hilton brand does not include breakfast or WiFi access in all rates as a standard amenity, many different room packages are available which include these services along with many other "value adds". I would recommend having a look at the different room packages and levels, such as Executive Floor accommodations, especially if you are traveling on business.

Your other comments concerning the absence of a fridge and size of the TV will be kept in mind as we look toward future upgrades. Concerning the malfunctioning shower head and drain plug, rest assured, we will have our Maintenance department check into this.

We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again, should your future travel plans include Toronto. Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic experience from start to finish. I stayed at the Hilton Toronto for a 3 day conference which was also at the Hotel.

I checked in almost 3 hours early, my room was indeed ready and they were happy to get me settled.

What a gorgeous room. The design was impeccable - I know interior designers who couldn't do what they did with that space. The carpet, wall paper, light fixtures, art work, furniture, television and bed ... It was phenomenal.

The catering department (for the conference) was very impressive. From breakfast, lunch and snack time the food was perfect. Im a foodie and hard to impress - the food was excellent.

The location is not too bad - however that area of Toronto (to the west) is a little creepy at night - like you can walk for 1 km without finding somewhere to purchase alcohol, food etc.

The staff was very courteous. Coming home at 3 am from clubbing the lobby had a touch of black light and (not too loud) house music playing in the background. Definitely an impressive touch - guests returning from a nightclub would be totally impressed.

Excellent indoor outdoor pool (connected) it was gorgeous however I didn't go in the pool as you can actually swim outside and it was November.

I highly recommend this hotel. From start to finish it was nothing short of perfection. For the invoice price it was an excellent value.

• Stayed: November 2012
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the location, facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations!

Our team works very hard to share our founder, Conrad Hilton's vision "To share the light and warmth of hospitality" with each and every guest and I'm thrilled that you felt this spirit during your time with us.

We do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again, whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Have a wonder holiday Easter weekend!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for 3 nights, the Hotel was in a great location, clean and the King size room was huge. The bed was comfy and everything was clean)cleanliness is pretty high on my list of priorities). The Tundra (bar/restaurant) is pricey and we spent most of our time eating out at various restaurants around town. All in all it's a great place to stay and we will return.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time in Toronto and the overall services and accommodations at the hotel!

We do hope that you will visit us again, whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Have a great holiday Easter weekend ... hope the Easter Bunny leaves lots of chocolate!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Good location to stay after a concert my wife and daughter attended at Massey Hall. Scenic elevator was an experience and room on the 30th floor was on a high floor as requested. Would have been better if I had received full value for Hilton Honors points which I used to book the room. Used extra points to get a recently renovated deluxe room but they were not cleaned when we checked in at 4p.m. Front desk gave us vouchers for couple of free drinks at the Tundra Bar which was appreciated. Will be contacting Hilton Honors to try and retrieve the extra few thousand points used to book a better room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TwoRetiredOshawans
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We appreciate your comments and will certainly share them with our team.

I was disappointed to hear that you encountered some challenges with your reserved room type not being available, and that our team offered some compensation as a gesture of apology for your room not being ready at 4:00 pm. I understand you will be contacting Hilton HHonors to try and retrieve the supplement points used and I trust they will be able to rectify the matter on your behalf.

We appreciate your patronage and hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back, whenever your future travel plans include Toronto.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I tend to stay at the Sheraton just down the street but I thought I would give the Hilton a try this time. I was expecting more but the stay was just average compared to other Hilton hotels I have experience with. Main public areas are nice and the restaurant "Tundra" was top notch.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your time and input on the look and feel of our property and we will keep your comments in mind as we look towards future renovations. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our Tundra restaurant.

Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again so we may show you the quality experience you expect and deserve from our brand.

Have a great day!

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Check in was quick and friendly. We were asked if we had any questions about the area during checking in which was nice. Room was comfy on 27th floor as expected for a Hilton. Lost points on no free WiFi, that should be free, get with the times. The tub had a rusty old drain and there was a micky mouse attempt at fixing some water damage in our room. Having said that, I would stay here again in a pinch.

• Stayed: March 2013
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We will certainly share your comments with our team, particularly in the areas that you felt were not at our usual high level of service or standard.

Although the Hilton brand does not include WiFi access in all rates as a standard amenity, many packages are available which will include this service along with many other "value ads", which I would recommend for anyone wishing to utilize the WiFi access and for whom the complimentary lobby computer stations are not convenient.

Should your future travel plans include Toronto, we do hope that you will provide us another opportunity to be of service.

Have a great weekend!