“Nice hotel, great location”
Review of Hilton Toronto

Hilton Toronto
Ranked #35 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel, great location”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We bought a room upgrade for a few dollars, which got us access to the lounge on the 32nd floor (which sounds high, to me, but is still towered over by most of the buildings in the neighbourhood!). A train delay meant we arrived too late to benefit from the evening snacks in the lounge, but we did enjoy the breakfast with stunning views. Our upgraded room was huge, felt very new, and had a view of the CN Tower. The hotel is in a perfect central location, with easy access to the PATH underground routes from the lobby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time in Toronto and the overall services and accommodations at the hotel ... especially the Executive Lounge. Our Executive Lounge experience is one that many of our regular and first time guests enjoy and appreciate!

We hope that we will have the chance to be of service again, whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Have a wonderful day!

Andy Loges, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Markham
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had to be downtown with three other people so I called for a room with two beds. They had none left so I asked if we could get a pull-out couch. The customer service representative said that it would cost extra, and I said it was fine. She took my email address to send me a confirmation and put the transaction through.

Afterwards, she asked if I wanted to do a survey to get a discounted trip next time.. I said sure.. I waited on hold for a bit then an American representative came on the phone who asked me which bracket my income was in. It was the lowest and he said I didn't qualify for any offers.. no big deal.

We get to the hotel, check in.. and realize that our room has no pull out couch. it had a king size bed. So i called the front desk to ask what was going on, they said my order was just a single bed.. I said no.. I asked for a pull out couch and she proceeded to say that the hotel doesn't even have pull out couches! I was pretty ticked because why then would the customer service agent offer it.. and tell me that I would be charged extra?!

They said they had no additional rooms with two beds, and couldn't do anything for me. They said to check the confirmation email next time, and we discovered that the freakin agent spelt my name wrong so we never even got the confirmation. She did not clarify when she was collecting my email address.

All in all a horrible experience. the hotel is quite nice to look at but I woke up with a sore back and my lady friend had to sleep on a chair. I was really upset that hotel showed no empathy, and did not even offer any sort of restitution, for something that wasn't even my fault. If we weren't running out of time we would have brought our stuff to another hotel. Never coming back here

Room Tip: Hotel across the street
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Paul C
Paul,

We are sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us.

At Hilton, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and that requests and reservations are met appropriately and your feedback will help us to better deliver this brand promise moving forward. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

A representative from our Management Team will contact you today to discuss this in greater detail.

Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel is located right in the middle of everything. If you have a rental car, you can park it at the Nathan Phillips Square which is close by and, most importantly, cheap.

We were a HHonors gold member and we got a nice room with a sitting area and a sizable writing desk. The bathroom was standard not amazing.

My major complaint was the carpet - there was some gum leftover on a certain spot (I cannot quite figure out where it was located). It was very annoying as I stepped on it all the time!

The buffet breakfast was good with all types of fruits, drinks and even eggs benedict.

It was a good stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services, including the breakfast buffet were able to meet your expectations!

I do apologize for the lack of cleanliness of the carpet ... this is certainly not considered the "norm" for the hotel. Rest assured, our Housekeeping Manager will investigate further and take the appropriate actions to rectify this matter.

We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!

Have a great day!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Toronto Hilton is the perfect place to stay in downtown Toronto. Great views from north facing rooms up University ave. Never too busy and not over crowded with groups. Large rooms with nice decorating and large bathrooms. Love the lounge on the 32nd floor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cm m
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience and we do hope to see you again, whenever your travels next bring you to Toronto!

Have a super day!

Regina, SK
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This property is perfectly located. Close to shopping, attractions and restaurants. The lobby bar is great and the rooms were very comfortable. Even though it is a older property, it has been extremely well maintained and keeps up well with the newer properties in downtown Toronto.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities, location and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back, whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Have a great day!
Tysons Corner, Virginia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had an appointment at the US Embassy in Toronto and were looking for a hotel that was close to the embassy. This hotel was 2 blocks away and we decided to book it. My husband is a Hilton Honors Diamond member, so we always prefer Hilton over other hotels.

As we arrived to this hotel after a long 9 hour drive from DC, we were greeted warmly by the concierge. We decided to valet our car (about $30 per night). We were asked if we needed help with our luggage, and were escorted to the front desk. Check-in was very easy. We asked if we could get a late checkout as the appointment at the embassy could run over. The hotel staff was very understanding and let us check-out by 2 PM (extra brownie points).

We got a room on the 20+ floor and took the scenic elevator. As we entered the room, we were blown away by the view. Our room faced the famous CN Tower. The rooms are large with two lounge couches along with a study table and a king size bed. The bathroom was clean and well equipped. We absolutely loved the room.

The hotel lobby has a grand ambiance. We even ate at the restaurant in the lobby. The hotel is right in the center of downtown Toronto with tons of restaurants walking distance away.

Overall, we had an amazing experience at the hotel and would love to come back someday.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ani J
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and in Toronto ... hope everything turned out as you wished with your appointment at the US Embassy as well!

Our team works very hard to live our founder Conrad Hilton's vision ... "to share the light and warmth of hospitality" with each and every guest! I'm thrilled that you and your husband felt this spirit during your time with us.

We do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again, whenever your future travel plans include Toronto!

Have a wonderful day!
Hamburg, New York
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel was exactly what I expected. The rooms were comfortable & clean. Decor was a little boring, but it was still fine. Pool area was very nice. Towels were provided. The pool was half indoors and half outdoors. Temps were in the 40's and many adults and kids ventured to the outdoor side. No hot tub. Locker room did have a sauna. The lobby had a hotel bar/lounge area. It wasn't busy there. Maybe because of the price of drinks. I thought a specialty drink at $15 was a bit steep when there were plenty of places to get a drink in the area. If you are interested in dining out and having a drink or two Johns street was a few blocks away with plenty of choices. The only bad thing I can say about this hotel was during the reservation process. I was on the AAA website and it listed a bed and breakfast rate of $115. I personally like to call the hotel and make reservations with real person who can answer a few questions and sometimes offer other rates/packages. When I called they told me they couldn't honor the AAA rate and had very little info. about parking. I decided to call back and talk to someone else and the story was still the same, higher price without breakfast and ? about parking. I was fearful that the rest of the staff at this hotel would be just as clueless but I decided to take the chance since the price was right. The check-in staff was wonderful & much more helpful that the people on the reservation end. With this package I did get breakfast for 4 people. The breakfast was very good. Good pastries, home fries, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, eggs Benedict (these were over cooked, not runny), sausage, bacon,, etc. If we had to pay the rate was $26 per person. I would not pay for that. That is was overpriced for what you get. $15 maybe??? If we didn't get breakfast with this package we would have gone to Tim Horton's a block away. By the way valet parking was $40, with in and out privileges, attached to the hotel was a parking ramp for self parking but no in/out privileges. Rates were $6.00 from 12-6, then another $6 from 6-12. We paid a total of $18. We pulled in at 2 in the afternoon and left prior to noon the next morning. Overall this was a very nice hotel, I would stay here again, but you may want to avoid calling for a reservation if you can find a rate you like on line.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor so you don't hear traffic on street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. Please do accept our most sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered when trying to book a reservation with a "real person" who was unable to honor the AAA bed and breakfast rate and had very little knowledge about the parking facilities. This is not the usual high level of service that our team strives to deliver.

Rest assured, we will certainly review your comments with our Reservations team for their information and future reference.

On another note, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the pool, found the Front Desk staff to be wonderful and helpful and enjoyed the breakfast offerings.

In terms of pricing of our breakfast menu and beverages in the bar, we have analyzed the hotels and various restaurants in the downtown core and find that the Hilton Toronto is very competitive in our pricing structure. However, we will continue to conduct quarterly reviews when we are anticipating menu changes to ensure that we are still relevant to our competition. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We do appreciate your business and hope that should your travel plans include Toronto, that we will have another opportunity to be of service to you.

Enjoy your day.