Booked a room via priceline for a business trip. I found the hotel advice on parking to be very misleading, as they directed me to a lot that was waaay overpriced and 2 blocks from the hotel. I recommend taking a quick walk around to find a better underground option on queen's quay.
Check-in was efficient, but I was shocked when I got to my room and discovered they had given me a room with one of those crazy beds that folds up into the wall. Yes, that's right. The mattress was heavenly nothing. It was a lumpy unsupportive junk-heap, about 6 inches off the floor, giving me an excellent view of the stained carpet. the front desk was almost smug about depositing me in this weirdly shaped coffin of a room.
I stayed in hotels in Toronto for almost two months around this period, and this was the worst hotel of the 6 4-stars that I stayed in. Everything from the room, to the service, the parking, location etc etc was offensive, considering the room costs.
I recommend any of the others in that range - sheraton center, marriott, intercontinental, etc - rather than this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto. Our downtown Toronto hotel is located on the vibrant waterfront of Lake Ontario, where you can enjoy Toronto's seasonal events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Harbour Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Harbour Castle Hotel Toronto
- Westin Hotel Toronto
- Westin Toronto
- Westin Harbor Castle Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Westin
- Westin Harbour Castle Toronto