5,009 results
All reviews toula restaurant lake view toronto islands north tower heavenly bed lake ontario island airport valet parking air canada centre starbucks coffee harbour front union station self park hockey hall of fame lobby bar per night corner room
Reviewed May 5, 2005

My boyfriend and I enjoyed one night at the Westin on May 4th. The $249 Getaway pkg included buffet breakfast ($44) and $17 off parking.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Stayed on the 22nd floor. The rooms were clean, spacious and newly renovated. We had a partial view of the lake which was beautiful. The pool area was not so lovely, so we did not swim.
Hotel is in a quiet area (not much entertainment around) however the CN tower was a $5 taxi ride away. The self-parking is 2 blocks away so valet parking is the best option however it costs $30 (but only $13 with the Getaway pkg).
Buffet breakfast was delicious. The crowd was mostly business people (conventions etc.) but it was a nice atmosphere.
I almost did not select this hotel after reading the bad reviews. But I'm glad I decided to see for myself. I recommend the Westin for a quiet getaway.

Date of stay: May 2004
8  Thank Hello_Kitty818
Reviewed April 17, 2005

Muchlike many other reviews my Cadillac was scraped. Took me over an hour of arguing until I got the hotel to agree to repair the damage. Then they required that I get two estimates and I refused, so they agreed to pay whatever it costs. This was only one of many annoyances.

My room was a corner room on the 27th floor, decent views. However, I felt like I was living in a supermarket with the amount of chargeable items scattered in the room.

The Pool was very nice, but in order to find a towel you needed to get a team together and organize an exhibition. I started using my room towels.

My room service took an hour longer than I had been told on the phone all three times I ordered it. First time I left it slide. Second time I issued a mild complaint. Third time I was just plain furious. They sent up some pastries as a peace offering, I sent them back down with a note :-). Manager apologized and said he would remove one of them from my bill. Just another one of the hassles

The icing on the cake is the rude staff. Seriously, the kids at my local McDonald's should hold a workshop on customer service for the Westin employees.

Damaged Car, Excessive Chargeables, Inconvenient Pool, Slow Room Service, and Rude Staff.

Westin's Slogan "We're not happy, until you're not happy!"

Date of stay: March 2005
7  Thank Tourist3080
Reviewed April 6, 2005

We stayed at the Westin Harbour June 04. When we arrived we were allocated a no smoking room, took the elevator up to find the room had not been cleaned and had definately been smoked in!

reception gave us a new room which had better views, one window we could see downtown and the other out towards the harbour.

location wise it is easy enough to walk to bars/restaurants/shops but maybe not great late at night as a bit desolate. you can though catch a tram just in front on the hotel.

we loved the grocery store just across the way for breakfasts. didn't eat in the hotel.

the room and beds were lovely and a good size. i would stay there again.

Date of stay: June 2004
8  Thank rugbybabe77
Reviewed March 19, 2005

My family and another family decided to stay at the Harbour Castle Westin hotel in Toronto for a March Break treat for the kids. I would say that this hotel is definitely average for the price. The one thing that really told us that this hotel was not a "service oriented" hotel was the fact that we ordered breakfast to our suite one morning. This was an expensive breakfast considering it was for 4 adults and 5 children. We ordered decaf coffee. They brought us regular. That was fine, we called down and asked them to bring up what we had ordered. We received a phone call back from the room service "person" very angrily telling us that WE HAD MADE A MISTAKE and that we had ordered regular coffee and not decaf. She was actually angry at us. I have to say that that turned us all off right there. What would a pot of coffee possibly cost that hotel, well it cost them two families never coming back.

Date of stay: March 2005
8  Thank Jife
Reviewed December 25, 2004

Big rooms. Great beds (of course). It's a bit of a walk to anything. But loved the fitness club. Try the sports bar or the sushi place across the road. Or, though it looks like a dive, the gyro place nextdoor.

2  Thank Layover