The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
  • Breakfast included
Delta Hotels Toronto(Toronto)
  • Room Service
4,730 results
All reviewstoula restaurantlake viewnorth towertoronto islandslake ontarioheavenly bedvalet parkingair canada centrestarbucks coffeeisland airportharbour frontunion stationself parkhockey hall of famelobby barper nightcorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 1, 2004

The Heavenly beds in Westin hotels are far and away the most comfortable beds in the mainstream hotel industry. period. Its hard not to enjoy your hotel stay when you actually sleep well in your room.

Even though the hotels location, on toronto's waterfront is better suited for the warm summer months. It is quite windy and cold in the winter. The hotel makes up for this as the views from the rooms over lake Ontario are unmatched throughout the city.

The hotels restuarant leaves something to be desired, a little pricey, overwhelmingly large lunch offerings, uncomforatble seating, its the standard 'hotel restaurant'. Although the mushroom soup is fantastic.

The staff were friendly, the rooms (while a little outdated) were large, bright, clean and comfortable.

Overall a Heavenly stay, highly reccomend.

5  Thank Dominionkid1867
Toronto, ON
Reviewed November 29, 2004

The hotel is at the fringe of downtown that is a 15 to 30 minute walk to the area where all the good restaurants and attractions are. It is separated from the downtown core by an ugly, 8-lane elevated expressway plus parking lots and condo construction sites. After dark it feels unsafe to walk underneath the expressway. During the fall/winter, in minus-20 degrees weather the walk is not pleasant.

I echo others' comments that the hotel needs updating. Our room was not clean - there were stains on the table, as well as hairs and stains in the bathroom. At dinner the steak I got was the size of a postage stamp. At check-out, we received extremely rude and insulting treatment from an employee who identified himself as a "manager". My complaint letter to the hotel has gone unanswered.

Good points: I did meet a very pleasant front desk employee on check-in. Washrooms near the ballrooms are clean and the number of stalls are adequate. If you decide to eat at the hotel instead of one of the many fabulous restaurants on King Street, the green mushroom soup is very good.

For a more convenient location I'd recommend the Delta Chelsea, the Marriott and the Holiday Inn. If you're looking for something more affordable I'd recommend the Comfort Hotel on Charles Street - no facilities to speak of, but at least the rooms were renovated and very clean.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 18, 2004

We visited the Westin Harbour for our honeymoon in September. Initially we were quite disappointed as the rooms looked nothing like they did on the web-our room could have been in any hotel anywhere but over our 4 day stay the disappointment faded. The beds are as comfortable as they promise to be, the room was clean and room service was great.

The location is absolutely fantastic and central to everything. 2 minutes walk to the boardwalk at the lake and the ferry to the islands, which was a definite plus. Great restaurants, pubs and cafe's within walking distance.

Staff are a little aloof but never rude. Don't make enquiries at the ticket desk for a show unless you're good at saying no to good sales people! Also, agreeing with another reviewer, the spa and beautician are a big let-down. I ended up paying almost $100 for a pedicure!!

Overall though, if we could ever get back to Toronto, thats where we'd stay!

9  Thank Suzie L
Chicago, IL!
Reviewed October 28, 2004

My husband & I visited Toronto the first week of October 2004. Westin was accomodable and the "heavenly beds" are true to their name! Shops and restaurants were a bit of a hike but we were in town to see a baseball game, so the dome was close.
Unfortunately, we spent too much money at their so called "luxurious" spa and it was terrible!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed October 24, 2004

This "luxury" hotel was absolutely horrendous. It all started with our first phone call to check on our reservations, which they did not have. I made a follow up call to verify check in time and the clerk was so rude I was sorry I called. When we got there we were given a completely different room than we had booked, with no apologies or explanation. When we got to the room it smelled terrible. I went into the bathroom to turn on the water to wash my hands and was greeted by a shower from the faucet. I went to take a shower and there was mildew all over the walls, and a pool of water a few inches high covering the whole floor when I got out. Apparently their shower curtains are there for show, and do not keep the water in the tub. It was a nightmare trying to clean everything up. We wanted to get some breakfast at the hotel, only to find out that there prices were so exhorbatant that even the wealthiest of people would scoff. Then, I was told when I left that I had no additional charges, only to come home to an astronomical bill that I am still trying to take care of. I would never stay there again and would not wish their rudeness and complete lack of attention to their guests on my worst enemy...

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member