The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
$249
$219
Agoda.com
4,764 results
All reviewstoula restaurantlake viewnorth towertoronto islandslake ontarioheavenly bedvalet parkingair canada centrestarbucks coffeeisland airportharbour frontunion stationself parkhockey hall of famelobby barper nightcorner room
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was recently at the Westin for a Bachelorette party weekend away! The Westin is simply gorgeous inside and out! Its the perfect location downtown Toronto! Harbour views were amazing! I just wish we had more time to explore the area and the restaurants. I did have a drink at the bar in the hotel entrance and it was yummy. I liked how there was a valet parking AND an option to park your own car for a cheaper price, options are nice. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear MandyRoo2
WOW, this is a truly wonderful review – thank you for sharing it!

I understand you thoroughly enjoyed your stay during your Bachelorette weekend and I am pleased that our teams made you feel well cared for – this is exactly how it should feel at Westin.
I will look forward to your next visit. Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to email me personally at experienceteam@westin.com

Thanks again for sharing your kind recommendation

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle as a last minute decision on a Saturday night. Most of the hotels in downtown Toronto were "sold out" according to front desk staff, even though bookings were possible online. As busy as the night was, the Westin staff provided me with accommodations and upgraded me to a high floor and lake view at no extra cost. Complimentary late check out of 3pm was also provided. The parking lot was full but the valet staff provided me with a spot. The staff was helpful in every way and went the extra mile to make my stay enjoyable.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear elmarin_g
This is so great to read that you trusted us to spend your Saturday evening and I am delighted to read that you are not regretting it.

It is great that you were provided with a late check-out as part of the Westin Weekend Program and I am pleased to read that you connected well with our teams.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you for sharing your kind recommendation.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed over after a conference and found the location to be great for walking nearly anywhere in the city. The weather was great while we were there and we logged lots of miles on our feet, but we had no problems with most walks and felt safe even late at night. The hotel is a very busy conference center, but we felt well attended by staff. There seemed to be several employees stationed in the lobby at all times to give directions or to help people find where they were going. The concierge, David, was incredible -- a terrific shout out to him -- for finding us great places to eat within walking distance and warning us about places we might not like. He got our style down very quickly and was able to make great suggestions to us. We ate in the hotel restaurant on the 38th floor - very pricey, but a great view. There were, oddly, lots of children running around, but the hostess sat us in a section that didn't include a bunch of rowdy children which we appreciated. The food was very good, just very expensive, but the menu is displayed so we knew what we were in for. The service was excellent as well. Very nice on a beautiful evening where we could look out on the bay and enjoy the view. Also a bit odd that there was no place for lunch except to sit in the main lobby/bar and that took a long time to get service. The breakfast buffet was excellent and, though pricey as well, was no more expensive than breakfast at most other restaurants we visited. Toronto is an expensive city, but it's a great place to visit and the Westin made it a very good experience. We would return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Cynthia P

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for sharing your wonderful review with fellow travelers!
I am glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and I am pleased that our teams made you feel well cared for – this is exactly how it should feel at Westin.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I just stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle on May 31st. Being the last placed I stayed at with my late husband and having a lovely experience there, I thought to book with them again. After reading all these reviews, I had the expectation to expect a long line up. There were about 5 people staffed behind the counters and the line moved fairly well (about as normal as I would expect.) I was early, (around 12:00, booking was for 3:00pm) but I did the paperwork and asked him if it was alright to have luggage staff store my backpack while I wandered Toronto. Well, it was no trouble at all! Great! He also said he'd call me if the room opened up early, which he did at around 2:15 pm. I arrived back around 3:30, and booked in. I booked online with Hotels.com and got a reasonable deal for last-minute and ended up with a king size bed that was sooooooooooo comfortable! A whole bed for me that felt like I was sleeping on a big cloud! The view was okay..had enough of a view of the harbour and view of the east side. The room was immaculate, had all the necessities like mini-fridge, coffee-maker, ironing board and iron, hairdryer and lots of storage space. The bathroom was beautiful. Yes, the walls may need a coat of paint, but that was all. There is alot of construction going on West of Bay Street so that could be a pain-in-the-butt with motorists, but I came on the Greyhound. To take the TTC/Subway, you'll need to walk up to Union Station, which took about 10 mins. After spending the rest of my day wandering TO, I thought about asking the Baggage folks if they can hold onto my backpack after I book out at 3:00 pm the next day (Yes! Westin extends their checkout time to 3:00 pm on the weekends!) and they said "No problem! That's our service" Wow!! I was so happy with that, since I didn't want to be stuck carting around a heavy packpack till 7:00 pm! On Sunday morning, I asked the concierge if there was a little breakfast nook somewhere that had good breakfasts and was affordable. I had eaten in the Mizen before but I found it very expensive. He was happy to recommend the Cocopelli's ?(I think that's right) just down the street on the west side. I remembered that restaurant right away, being there before and thanked him. This proved to me that this hotel is ALL about service and not just making a profit. Thank you for the wonderful experience and I will return! The signature tea scent in the hall was a little cloying at first but I didn't notice it after a minute or so. The pool and hot tub were wonderful (not overly chlorinated and the water was warm) (what an amazing view out the windows!!!) however, parents...PLEASE don't let your kids in the hot tub. Anyone under 16 yrs should not go in there! If you let them in, go in the tub with them! They can easily trip, and once their heads go under the water, drowning takes seconds. Instead of enjoying myself, I sat in the hot tub monitoring your children!! (I know CPR). Again, Westin, thanks for the service!

Room Tip: I wasn't fussy..but choose a high floor and ask for a view, and for the reviews I've read, stay away from elevators or service rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Emilie P
WOW, this is a truly wonderful review – thank you for sharing it!

At Westin hotels, our mission is to ensure that our guests leave us feeling better than when they arrived, and I am really pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations.

Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your fantastic recommendation.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 5 nights for a conference.

The good: nice room, housekeeping. Great location.

The bad: everything else. 30 minute wait for check in, poor (sometimes rude) service in restaurant (Mizzen) and in lounge. Uninformed staff. Cafe closed for renos. No feedback forms, either online or in paper. Emailed feedback and response was next time you come here we'll buy you dinner. Won't be back, there are so many other choices. When checking out, had to have bill corrected twice. Misdirected to stop for airport shuttle.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Calgaryskichick
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. At Westin, we work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Please email me your contact information at experienceteam@westin.com
I look forward to connecting with you,
Be well,