The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
  • Breakfast included
Delta Hotels Toronto(Toronto)
  • Room Service
4,730 results
All reviewstoula restaurantlake viewnorth towertoronto islandslake ontarioheavenly bedvalet parkingair canada centrestarbucks coffeeisland airportharbour frontunion stationself parkhockey hall of famelobby barper nightcorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Lovely hotel with friendly staff. Room was lakeside view which was brilliant. Stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed the stay. Staff were very helpful when we were looking for things to do and ways to get round Toronto. Felt very safe there. Beds were really comfortable, only negative was that you had to pay for internet, cheaper hotels offer this service free. However, overall experience very good, would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerWestin, Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear PantoBabe,
Thank you for staying with us recently. I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and interacted well with our teams.

I appreciate you sharing your kind recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. For your next visit, please note that we do offer complimentary wi-fi connection in the lobby and restaurants.

Should you need anything prior to your next visit, please don’t hesitate me to contact me personally at experienceteam@westin.com

Reviewed April 25, 2014

My friends and I decided to stay overnight after finding a really excellent rate online for this hotel, which surprised us. What we paid alone was worth the rating.

I paid for a regular room but ended up being upgraded to a Lake view room because check-in took much longer than I expected given there were only 3 people at the desk and for some reason, 2 of the 3 guests needed longer attention for whatever reason. Let's just say, I was 3rd in line and by the time I was attended to, the 2 other guests were still not done. A 4th staff member joined after I was done and there was still a long line-up.

This was the first hotel I noticed where the bathtub drain was actually cleaned and bravo for that!

Why is it though that you only have double beds and not queen beds in the 2-bed rooms? The beds are certainly comfy but would have liked more room as I was sharing.

Thank you for the free water bottle. Needed that for my medication and it came in handy!

Wi-fi cost? I continue to refuse to pay the crazy cost! I still can't understand why cheaper hotels have it complimentary but the "name" ones charge.

I would certainly go back if I can get the crazy price again and will enjoy myself but will never pay the internet cost.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Gnutter,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I'm happy to see that your and your friends managed to find a great rate and enjoyed your stay with us. I will make to share your kind comment with our housekeeping team. I am sorry that you were not made aware that we do offer complimentary wi-fi connection in the lobby and restaurants.

I will look forward to welcoming you the next time you are in Toronto!

Reviewed April 24, 2014

This time my husband & I chose the Westin Harbour Castle for it's location close to the Sony Performing Arts Centre. We had tickets to see "Brit Floyd" the British Pink Floyd tribute band (who were just awesome by the way). We were there just for the one night but wish we could have stayed longer. From the time you arrive at the hotel, give your car to the valet and check in, you are treated like a VIP.

We had a wonderful surprise when we went to our room. Checking in they did not say anything but we were upgraded to a beautiful balcony room overlooking the water and Toronto Islands. We didn't even know they had balcony rooms. They are in the east tower on the 5th & 6th floors and are quite big. When we asked about these rooms we were told they are another $60.00. The weather was very nice the next morning and we were able to enjoy our coffees out on the balcony. On warm evenings it would be lovely to sit outside with a glass of wine ... next time :)

Room Tip: In good weather, the balcony rooms on the 5th and 6th floors are really nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fabulash

Dear Fabulash,
It was our pleasure to welcome you and your husband to our hotel and to Toronto recently.

I appreciate you sharing your review and I am pleased to read that you were both surprised with an upgrade and that you took advantage of our location to attend a show at the Sony Performing Arts Centre.

Our teams will look forward to welcoming you both back soon.
Should you need anything prior to your next visit, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me personally at experienceteam@westin.com

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night during the Easter weekend and our experience was far from positive. This is based on the following:

- upon arriving, we informed the staff that we wanted to use the self parking (35cad for self parking vs 45cad for valet). We were immediately told that self parking was full and that valet was the only option. We informed the staff that we would then park at some third party carpark and instantly we were told that a space in the self parking had just become available. When we then got to the self parking location which is off site from the hotel, we discovered that this was pretty much empty!

- the hotel charges 35cad for self park at a non hotel specific site. You pay for this before they give you the directions to the site. When we got to the self parking site, we found out that if we paid this site directly it would have been 30 cad instead of 35cad. When we enquired about this at check- in, we were not provided with an explanation.

- we queued for 35 mins to checkin and 25 minutes to check out. The hotel has 10 checking desks but only 4 were operating which lead to long queues.

- our room was on the 5 th floor, same floor as the pool thus the whole floor and room stank of chlorine.

- hotel wifi is ridiculous expensive.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda V

Dear Amanda V,
Thank you for choosing to visit us during your recent visit to Toronto.

I am taking your comments about the parking situation very seriously. We offer valet and self parking in the hotel, but also recommend several public parking locations nearby. They are also all advertised on our website.

What you describe in your review does not reflect the level of service our hotel is famous for and I am sorry about this disappointing experience. This is why I would truly appreciate if you could email me your contact information at experienceteam@westin.com in order to discuss your review in further details.

I look forward to connecting with you.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The Westin has the best location in the city of Toronto. It is downtown, close to everything, yet right on the lake and park. We have stayed at the Delta Chelsea (Eaton Chelsea) for over 20 years, but we will not return there because of the (rude and untrained) staff.
Our room at the Westin overlooked the lake and the park. it had the most comfortable bed, supposedly worth over $4000.00. It was so beautiful and relaxing with the best views! On one side of your balcony, you have the view of the city and the CN tower and on the other side of your balcony you have the view of the lake and park. Right beside Queen's Quay and the Air Canada Centre.
We had drinks and lunch at the lobby bar downstairs daily and we had dinner at the Italian Restaurant one evening. This restaurant is a replica of the 360 CN Tower Restaurant. It is so beautiful, and the food and service is perfect. Starbucks in the lobby is a bonus. Nice fitness and pool area too.
If you need a cab, ask for the "Geography Man." He will ask you questions about geographry and if you get it right, your cab ride is free. (Just like the cash cab.)
The check in staff, the lobby bar staff, and the restaurant staff are so polite and well trained. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bjandrr
GeneralManagerWestin, Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear bjandrr,
It is a real pleasure to read your review and understand that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

This is exactly how it should feel at Westin hotels. I really appreciate you taking the time to share some thoughts on your Westin experience and I am pleased to read that you slept well on your Westin Heavenly Bed!

Geography man is very impressive indeed. I always look for him when I need a ride as his rides are always very entertaining.
I will look forward to welcoming you back soon!