“exceptional customer service”

Ranked #30 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Syracuse, New York
“exceptional customer service”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

At the beginning of the November I attended a conference that was held at the Westin Harbour. Unfortunately, during the conference I had to leave a day earlier then planned as my overdue nephew decided the best time to grace us with his arrival was when I was Toronto. The hotel was nice. Obviously there is always room for improvement. But, the customer service that I received from Jeffery Brown; the Guest Service Manager made up for any minor thing that I had encountered during my stay. I explained to Jeffrey that I was frantically trying to get on the road to begin my 4.5 hour trip back home in hopes of making it in time for the delivery of my first nephew. He was very accommodating and hospitable! As a result of his exceptional customer service I was able to make it in time:)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear dthousand
First of all, congratulations and all the best to your little nephew!

It was a pleasure to welcome you during your recent conference.
I will make sure to extend your kind words to Jeffery – I am sure he will appreciate your wonderful review and I am pleased to read that he was able to accommodate and that you made it on time.

We hope to welcome all your family to the hotel shortly.
Congratulations again!
Edwin Frizzell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,151)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fergus, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Sometimes you book a hotel room and hope all goes well. This hotel exceeded what I expected.
From the moment I pulled up to valet I was treated to the best trained staff and it continued through to the front desk!
I have been in the hospitality industry for many years and the staff couldn't have been trained better.
The Westin Harbour Castles motto is to escape and find tranquility....to relax. The hotel exemplifies this at the door. Enjoy the muted lobby serenity....the lobby lounge.......!

Our room was clean and inviting, modern but understated.

Pricey of course but I felt it was worth the splurge as the Hotel does it right.
We had breakfast at the Hotel and chose the buffet. As anyone can attest...some buffets are just not well done but the Westins buffet was a pleasure. All food from hot to cold was done perfectly and presented nicely.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this Hotel for the attention to service. I commend the staff for their commitment to their craft and that from the valet to front desk to housekeeping and the restaurant I felt welcome and special.

To the Hotel itself.....I hope you read this review as I want management to know that what you do is recognized and I hope I can experience a stay again in the near future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Janice C,
This is how it should feel for every guest!

I sincerely appreciate your kind words and thank you for taking the time to share this amazing recommendation.
I will make sure to thank our teams for taking such great care of guests and always striving to go beyond expectations.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, and should you need anything in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me personally at experienceteam@westin.com

Reviewed November 18, 2013

rooms could use an update and deep cleaning. Easy check out.
Will be back soon.Like the location. cheap places to eat in the neibourhood.
Close to Union Station.
Lots of places to walk the board walk.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear travelertalltim
We cannot wait to welcome you back during your next visit to Toronto.

Because I understand that your last stay didn’t exceed your expectations, I would truly appreciate if you could email me at experienceteam@westin.com so that I can make sure your room is flawless and you are well taken care of.

See you soon, and thank you for sharing your kind review.
Vancouver
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I just stayed at Westin Harbour Castle for 6 nights while working in Toronto. The customer service was great from check-in to check-out. Had a room on the 16th floor. Great bed, nice spacious bathroom. I wish that there had been a fridge in the room.

Good location for where I was working, it was within walking distance to Harbourfront Centre. The area is heavily under construction right now, it has nothing to do with the hotel but good to note for travelers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear MarikoGel,

This is a great review – thank you for taking the time to share it and for staying with us during your recent business trip.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed here on multiple occasions for business.

Pros: As soon as you pull in to the hotel, the valet parking guys welcome you in. They definitely know how to be polite and be nice to the guests! As you walk into the hotel, you are usually surrounded by many people who are sitting down in the lobby and are socializing. This definitely gives it s a nice atmosphere. As you proceed to check in, the staff are very friendly and polite - quite hard to see them this way these days! One time, my work made a mistake and booked the hotel for me 1 day less than they were suppose to. The front deck had no problems extending my stay 1 more night with the same rate - this never happens anywhere else ... they always charge you much more than your discount rate
Rooms are quite spacious and there is a very good feel to them. Beds are very comfortable!

Cons: Hallways have an old feel to them. During my last stay, I received an allergic reaction to something that they wash their sheets with. When I asked them to provide me with a list of chemical that they use to wash the sheets with, I was never provided with one. While iron and iron board are present in the room, they are not of good quality.
Hotel is right on the harbour, which is very nice if you want to go for a run down the lake and avoid all the traffic lights if you run in the city. However, it is away from the city center, so you have to cab it if you want to go to the city center. If you are working out of town, it is right next to the major highway, so you can easily get on it and avoid the horrible city traffic!

OVERALL: This is my favourite hotel in Toronto (and I have stayed at about 10 of them). However, I am unable to stay here in the future because of the allergic reaction issue.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear CAN_Businessman
Thank you kindly for being a loyal guest and for sharing your great review.

I am pleased to read that you always enjoy your stays and your interactions with our team. However, I am really sorry to hear about the allergic reaction you had. Could you please email me at experienceteam@westin.com as I would like to personally apologize and to send you the document you asked for.

I will look forward to your email and once again, I thank you for your kind recommendation.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This was my first time traveling to Toronto and I was very pleased with the Westin hotel. Our room was clean and spacious. The hotel is in an excellent location. Within walking distance to the Air Canada Centre and the Hockey Hall of fame. The staff and service went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. I would most definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lauren H,
I am really happy to read that your first visit to Toronto was a success. Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your kind review.

I will make sure to thank the team for taking such great care of you.
We all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Should you need any local tip before your next visit, don’t hesitate to ask us at experienceteam@westin.com

Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Harbor Castle used to be a great hotel..now it has gone a bit downhill...our room was not very clean..the bathroom needed a good cleaning starting with the light switch and most everything else..lots of dust and dirt which is not acceptable for a hotel of this calibre..the rest of the hotel was ok for the most part but the rooms need a lot of attention and some Mr. Clean.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Backmannnnn,
I agree with you: this is not acceptable for a hotel like ours, and this is most definitely not the standard of quality we are proud of.

I thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts on your recent visit and will follow-up immediately with our Director of Housekeeping.

At Westin, we pride ourselves on our cleanliness as I suspect you saw throughout the rest of the hotel and during your other stays, and I am concerned by the disappointing experience you had. Please reach out to me personally at experienceteam@westin.com with your check-in date and confirmation number. I will investigate what fell through in the cleaning process of your room and ensure it won’t happen again. I will look forward to your email and to the opportunity to apologize personally for your last stay.