I stayed here on multiple occasions for business.
Pros: As soon as you pull in to the hotel, the valet parking guys welcome you in. They definitely know how to be polite and be nice to the guests! As you walk into the hotel, you are usually surrounded by many people who are sitting down in the lobby and are socializing. This definitely gives it s a nice atmosphere. As you proceed to check in, the staff are very friendly and polite - quite hard to see them this way these days! One time, my work made a mistake and booked the hotel for me 1 day less than they were suppose to. The front deck had no problems extending my stay 1 more night with the same rate - this never happens anywhere else ... they always charge you much more than your discount rate
Rooms are quite spacious and there is a very good feel to them. Beds are very comfortable!
Cons: Hallways have an old feel to them. During my last stay, I received an allergic reaction to something that they wash their sheets with. When I asked them to provide me with a list of chemical that they use to wash the sheets with, I was never provided with one. While iron and iron board are present in the room, they are not of good quality.
Hotel is right on the harbour, which is very nice if you want to go for a run down the lake and avoid all the traffic lights if you run in the city. However, it is away from the city center, so you have to cab it if you want to go to the city center. If you are working out of town, it is right next to the major highway, so you can easily get on it and avoid the horrible city traffic!
OVERALL: This is my favourite hotel in Toronto (and I have stayed at about 10 of them). However, I am unable to stay here in the future because of the allergic reaction issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the perfect blend of relaxation, renewal, and modern comfort at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto. You'll find our hotel on the revitalized waterfront, just steps away from the Downtown Core via the PATH, Toronto’s underground covered walkway. The city's lively theatre and entertainment districts are just steps away, as are the Air Canada Centre and other famous attractions. Our CAA/AAA Four Diamond hotel welcomes you with beautifully designed accommodations featuring large workspaces, high-speed Internet access, and our legendary Westin Heavenly® Bed. Some of our hotel rooms also boast incredible views of Lake Ontario. Stop by one of our several outstanding restaurants for a delicious, healthful meal - or refresh with a dip in our indoor pool. Meetings and events are inspired occasions in our adaptable venues, including the spectacular Metropolitan Ballroom - the largest hotel ballroom in Canada. And our prime waterfront location enables you to explore the best of the downtown area with ease - from Rogers Centre to the CN Tower and Ripley's Aquarium. s attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Harbour Castle Hotel Toronto
- Westin Hotel Toronto
- Westin Toronto
- The Westin Harbour Castle
- Westin Harbor Castle Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Westin
- Westin Harbour Castle Toronto