“Very comfortable hotel with good amenities only a walk away from downtown”

The Westin Harbour Castle
Ranked #32 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Paris, France
“Very comfortable hotel with good amenities only a walk away from downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

The Westin hotel in toronto is very conveniently located on the harbour front. Only a 10 min walk away from downtown toronto. Rooms are spacious and very quiet. All amenities coffee internet are provided. Good fitness centre.
Breakfast a little bit expensive but worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Ecdfit,

Thank you kindly for sharing some nice comments on your recent visit – I truly appreciate it.
I am pleased to read hat you enjoyed our location and took time to visit our Westin Workout Fitness Studio.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Edwin Frizzell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,064)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montebello, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I usually stay at the Sheraton Toronto Centre when I am in Toronto. It is not as nice as the Westin, but I do like the proximity to the restaurants and Eaton Centre. But then I'm a tourist. We stayed here due to a seminar we were attending across the street so that was very convenient. The water was nice. But I found that it was a bit quiet at night. And not in a good way. We found ourselves heading back towards Eaton Center for dinner and shopping of course. I was not impressed with the restaurant, though the view was nice. I think it was more for the view than anything else. Service was slow and the food was not very good. But the drinks were nice and again, you can't beat the view.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear E M,

Thank you for being a loyal Starwood guest and for staying with us recently.
I apologize that your experience in Toula Italian Restaurant wasn’t entirely satisfying. I will discuss your review with their owner and will ask him to contact you to discuss with you in further details.

Could you please send me your contact information at experienceteam@westin.com?
I will look forward to your email, and once again, thank you for your recent visit.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed at the Harbour castle for the first time a few weeks ago and like many other Westin properties, it could use a facelift. The lobby itself look like it was recently renovated but the rooms could use some improvement - noisy AC, stained furniture, worn carpet, etc. The bed was however very comfortable and since it wasn't particularly warm, I slept without the AC turned on and managed to get a decent night of sleep.

The bar downstairs is nice but the staff could be a tad friendlier. The food was nothing to write about - just standard pub fare.

Overall not a terrible hotel but doesn't shine either.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear n8fire,
Thank you for your recent visit and for being a loyal Westin guest.

At Westin, our mission is to make sure that our guests leave us feeling better than when they arrived. I read your comments about the room condition and understand that your stay was not flawless - I apologize for that.

I would like to discuss your review in further details and would appreciate if you could email me at experienceteam@westin.com

I will look forward to connecting with you,

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is a great hotel in a great location. I recommend a lake view room. The staff is attentive and eager to be helpful if they can be found. Expect lines and waits at the bars, check in desks and concierge during events and peak times. It is ideally located within a few blocks of most of Toronto's Downtown, attractions and transportation. Taxi and bus transportation is continuous and practically door to door. The decor is fresh, clean and inviting. The conference wing is huge, easy to access, with plenty of guidance. Pros: Staff eagerness. decor, location, amenities. quiet rooms. Cons:Price, Costly internet access, Costly business center access. Costly local calls, Staff availability. Lines/Waits.

Room Tip: Up high and lake view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bombero474,
Thank you kindly for sharing your recommendation.

I am sorry you had to experience some delays at check-in and bars – I appreciate you noticing the recently renovated space and am pleased that you like it and find it inviting.

At Westin, we value feedback and realize how important it is for our guests to stay connected while they are on the road. This is why we are currently working on a new tier-pricing process that will offer all our guests 30 minute complimentary connection to check emails.

I look forward to your next visit, Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me at experienceteam@westin.com

Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel was in a very convenient location for our touring around Toronto. The rooms were very pleasant, the beds particularly comfortable. Our room had a nice lake view. Exceptionally quiet! even though the hotel appeared quite busy judging from lobby activity, we never heard a bit of noise from the hallway or other rooms. The staff was helpful and friendly. Construction on the street might have caused a bit of confusion if we were driving to and from the hotel, but was easy to navigate on foot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Hazel S
What a great review! Thank you kindly for sharing it.

I am delighted to read that you took advantage of our location to explore the city and managed to relax well in your room .

Our team is looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Should you need anything prior to your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at experienceteam@westin.com

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a very large hotel but you don't feel lost in it as the staff are very attentive giving first rate service. The location, on the harbour, is ideal and you are not far from public transport. Unless you buy it in a pckage breakfast will cost you but there is a very extensive spread to choose from. All said a very pleasing experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear bub_s869,

I truly appreciate you sharing some nice comments on your recent visit.
I am delighted that you enjoyed our location and facilities and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Rome, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our reception by the Bell Staff started off our visit to the Toronto Westin with style and grace. They were more than helpful in offering to take our bags and when we declined because we only had a single suitcase, they were equally gracious in helping us and giving us any guidance we needed. Checkin was efficient and nicely handled with the receptionist giving us a room with a view of the Lake.

The rooms are spacious, very stylish and very, very clean. The beds comfortable and the bathrooms stocked with plenty of towels, washcloths and a bathrobe.

The hotel location is well within walking distance of central downtown with the Four Seasons Theater (where we saw La Boheme), no more than a 20 minute walk north of the hotel. This was the northern extent of our visit and we found all other shops and restaurants between the theater and the hotel easily accessable.

I highly recommend the Toronto Westin Harbor to any one who would like a beautiful and comfortable hotel while visiting Toronto.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Coticon,

This is exactly how it should feel at Westin!

I was delighted to read your kind review and to know that our teams took such great care of you from the moment you arrived at our hotel.

I truly appreciate you sharing your recommendation and I will look forward to welcoming you back soon – maybe for another great show at the Opera!