“wonderful view”

Ranked #32 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Omagh, United Kingdom
“wonderful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel is the ideal choice if you want to be close to the centre but have a wonderful view of the harbour. The city of Toronto is like many other except for its lakeside location making it feel like a seaside resort. It was lovely to wake up to a panoramic view over the lake. The hotel is next to the ferry port to the toronto islands which were a lovely relaxed day out away from the city. 15 to 20 min walk to Eaton centre or cn tower etc The rooms were kept immaculate and tea and coffee and bottle of water left every day. most comfortable bed ever! Only down side was wifi in rooms should have been free Would def stay her again.

Room Tip: southside lakeview room lovely 22nd floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear bethwilson123,

I am so glad that you enjoyed our location and took advantage of it to explore the city.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon: your Westin Heavenly Bed will be waiting for you!

Edwin Frizzell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,064)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Braintree
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very nice. However, no free wifi in the guest rooms. Has time limited free wifi in the lobby areas. Hotel offers gym clothes to be worn if you dont have your own - which is a good idea. I tried to arrange this, twice, but to no avail. A shame, as i wanted to use the gym. Hotel has a nice bar and is well located for visiting nearby p.o.i's. e.g. Cn tower rogers centre etc.

Dear Tommy,

I am so sorry that you were not able to take advantage of our Westin Gear Lending program in
partnership with New Balance. It is indeed a great program for guests who pack light while on the road and I will follow-up immediately with our team to know what happened and why you never got the kit delivered to your room.

I would love to discuss with you in further details and would appreciate if you could email me directly at experienteam@westin.com.

I will look forward to connecting with you,

New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Checked into the hotel and left car with valet service. My wife had them check out the car upon arrival to make sure they agreed it was in top shape. On check out, we realized they had scratched the front bumper car. We had a hard time getting through to someone in charge. And they then took no responsibility.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoeRNY
Dear JoeRNY,

I have just discussed with our Assistant Director of Parking, Mo, who told me he and his Director had been in touch with you several times over the last week.

From what I understand, the situation has been addressed immediately by our team. If you would like additional explanation, please feel free to contact me directly at experienceteam@westin.com?

Thank you for sharing your comments.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

THE LEVEL OF SERVICE AT THIS HOTEL IS NOT BEFITTING OF A SPG OUTFIT.

Usually SPG staff is courteous, treat you with respect for giving them your business and recognize repeat customers... unfortunately, this hotel is the exact opposite...

There was a long wait at check-in and there was only 1 person maning the checkin, at the elite aisle. Due to this (and also because I have elite status) I went into that line. Finally someone realized and got another person to check-in guests. By this time, there were some more people in the regular checkin line. Even though I was in the line before other, this new person first serviced the others (who came in line after me) and then looked at the elite check-in line. This is NO WAY to treat the customer who give you repeat business. ... BUT WAIT THATS NOT IT

Than I was told that the Lake View room I booked was not available... So here I was thinking that since I am elite members, I am eligible for an upgrade, but they actually DOWNGRADED the room I booked. To their credit they gave me a downgraded rate, BUT I wanted the room with lake view and that was what I booked.

The unenthusiastic checkin process and not getting what I booked left a really bitter taste for this SPG stay. If this is their attitude towards their "ELITE" customer, I can only image what they'd do to regular customers.

Room Tip: Best Tip: Avoid this hotel, book somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kash_mann
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear kash_mann,
First of all, thank you for sharing your comments. I truly appreciate your feedback.
At Westin, we value our dear SPG guests and always strive to recognize them well and show our appreciation.

What you describe happened at check-in is unacceptable and does not reflect the quality of service our hotel is famous for and I apologize for that.
I would like to discuss with you in further details and get the opportunity to apologize personally. Could you please email me at experienceteam@westin.com?

I will look forward to connecting with you.
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed at most of the top Toronto hotels for both business and leisure and I must say this hotel is my favourite! This past March was my third stay at the WHC for a concert at the Air Canada Centre and now I am about to book my 4th stay for business in November. The service the staff provides is excellent from the moment you walk in. I had Kaori to do my check in and out. I had a few concerns about my stay at the hotel and the town last time yet, she solved them all like a magic!!! She was very polite, professional and friendly, treated me like a VIP! My husband and I are very much looking forward to staying at the WHC in November!! Cant wait!!

Room Tip: lake view!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Amy C
Dear Amy,

What an amazing review! Thank you kindly for taking the time to share it with fellow travelers. It was a pleasure to welcome you and I am pleased that your recent visit exceeded your expectations. This is exactly how it should be at Westin hotels!

I truly appreciate your kind words and am looking forward to welcoming you and your husband soon! Please make sure to email me directly at experienceteam@westin.com to make sure you are both well taken care of.

Fonthill, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

It has been several years since we stayed at the Harbour Castle Westin. Obviously, things have gone way down hill at this property. We arrived just after 2 pm on Saturday, Sept 14. We stood in line for over 20 minutes waiting to check in. This has actually happened to us in the past - BEFORE computers were invented!!! The inadequate number of staff at this busy time did not excuse the fact that the whole process appeared to be handled in an extremely protracted, inefficient manner. The young man who checked us in fumbled through the process, mumbling incoherently, calling me by a name not even closely resembling my actual name (how do you get Donna from Mary on a computer screen?). He held us up unnecessarily, muttering all sorts of inane, useless instructions for anyone who has ever checked in to a hotel. He wrote something on a piece of paper for us, but it was completely illegible. He seemed clueless as to how to handle a check-in in an expeditious manner.
Our room, a non-smoking lake-view corner suite was clean and spacious, but the air was hot and humid, the decor was tired and the room reeked of stale cigarette smoke. The porter turned the A/C down to 66 degrees and 10 hours later it was not much cooler and still humid. in fact, the air on the entire 17th floor in the north tower was noticeably warm and damp each time we exited the elevator. There was no mini bar - ridiculous! Pressed for time to get ready for a wedding, we did not bother to complain about the room, but we did go to the lobby in hopes of getting a drink and quick snack. At 2:20 pm on a glorious Saturday, the lake view lobby bar and Starbucks kiosk were closed, and we had to go sit in the dark, cavernous, overpriced restaurant - ludicrous!
Westin needs to step up their game at this property. They are not taking advantage of the five-star setting and the quality of service at the front desk and room amenities are at best 2-3 stars. There is absolutely no way we will be back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MND1958,
I just noticed that you posted the exact same review on our Starwood website and just replied to you on that platform. Thank you for sharing some thoughts on your recent stay.

As per my other email, I do hope to connect with you soon
Georgina, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed for a night on September 14, 2013 with friends.

The Bad:
-Valet parking for $45! And the loose change was stolen from our car - $10 worth!
-The room was nice, but a very tight squeeze between the beds and the walls. Hard to maneuver around the beds!
-When we got to the room, there were blue jays tickets and beers for a bachelor group. Obviously, we were not the bachelors. When we called the desk they said "oh, we were looking for those"... talk about disorganized...
-The distance from all the restaurants and bars - don't expect to have anything nearby.

The Good:
-The View - amazing view of the CN tower and the harbour
-The lobby - stunning lobby and very nice elevators
-The bathroom - gorgeous and spacious and perfect for getting ready
-The staff - pleasant staff every time we called for assistance

I would go again, but I would never use valet parking again.

Room Tip: South Tower has nice views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BriZ26,
Thank you kindly for staying with us recently.

I appreciate you taking the time to share some thoughts on our valet parking , guestroom, and associates.
I am pleased that all the team members you encountered were helpful and I would greatly appreciate if you could email me at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next visit so that I can make sure that your stay is flawless.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!