“Clean rooms pricey food”

The Westin Harbour Castle
Ranked #32 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Sheffield
“Clean rooms pricey food”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Location is super and we had a great harbour view. Nice free toiletries and the most comfy toilet seat ever! The bed was too soft so I was very achey on waking. We only had breakfast once and for a buffet it was $60 for two which is ridiculous! Staff were pleasant and the concierge rochelle was fantastic always on duty always helpful

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rachel p
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear rachel p,

I am glad that you enjoyed our amazing views!

We hope that we’ll be able to welcome you back again soon.

Edwin Frizzell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,101)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
NYC
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I love staying at SPG hotels- particularly the westin.

Location: Fantastic! Right off the highway, water front. You can walk to various desination such as the famous market, distillery district, CN center, Yonge st. There is construction in front of the hotel but it was not an issue. Hotel entrance was easy to find. Near restaurants and public transportation.

Room: great! Beds are soft, fridge in the room, bathroom clean.

Amenities: A-: I did not bring sneakers to work out in but they have a program where they will lend you workout clothes for $5.25 , which was great! The gym and pool was nice.

Downside: I am shock that in this day in age, they still charge for wifi $16.99 !!!! For a place that offers so many amenities, I am truly surprise by this.

Parking: we opt for the off site self parking for $30 a day. The location of the parking lot was only a block a way, easy to get to. It is underneath a condo building. The only thing we did not like was that the parking spots itself was a little confusing. Need more signs! ( There is a designated parking area for westin guest).

Staff: friendly and accommodating, what I would expect from the westin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hersykisss,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review, and for being such a loyal customer!

Our mission at Westin is to make sure that you feel better when you leave than when you arrived and I am thrilled that you enjoyed our Westin RunConcierge program and location.

We hope we can welcome you back again to enjoy the view soon!

Stay well,
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 7 nights and over all we had a pleasant stay, the reviews have been varied so we didn't have high expectations but we found our stay to be perfectly fine.
The room was very clean and spacious and we had a great view over the lake.
The gym is good but the pool could do with an update.
For us this hotel was just a base we used the bar a couple of times and the gym each day but not much else, we went out to eat as Toronto has so much more to offer.
I agree with other reviews that in some areas the hotel is tired but it's very clean and well maintained so it does the job well enough.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Pinkfizz31,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are currently undergoing several renovations to update the hotel.

We hope to have you back soon to enjoy these positive changes!

Thurso, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel was better than we could ever hoped since we had never travelled to Canada before and didn't know what to expect. The room was brilliant with a balcony and a fantastic view of Lake Ontario. The bed was massive as was the flat screen TV. I was delighted to find that every morning I could freshly brew coffee in the room, a nice way to start the day. The room was cleaned daily and was absolutely spotless. I can't comment on the food at this hotel because we never sampled it but the menu looked very tempting. The hotel was central and it was only a short walk to all the main attractions. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janette S
Dear Janette S,

Thank you for your kind review.
What you described is exactly what we strive for at The Westin Harbour Castle and I am pleased to know that your stay with us was flawless.

We hope we can welcome you back again to enjoy the view soon!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel is large (two towers) the staff is courteous, and competent. The lobby is busy, the location is perfect for doing business downtown – even with all the construction… I don’t know that I have seen the level of disruptive construction in a major city – ever. It will add several minutes (tens of minutes) to you commute during the day. And be sure to check the Blue-Jays game schedule, as traffic around game time is atrocious. The rooms are large, the windows on the 30th floor looking at the bay were filthy on the outside – may be the lake effect – so taking a picture through them is a waste of time. Price was in competitive – paying for wifi should be anticipated. All said, not a bad place to spend the night.

Room Tip: high floor looking into the city is fine, views forever looking at the lake.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mathum M,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the construction outside our hotel.
I understand it is an inconvenience for our guests but can assure you that Queen’s Quay revitalization is a huge project and that your patience will be all worth it when construction is over and we have a beautiful waterfront boardwalk!

Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Years ago, when I first started visiting Toronto, I asked a local friend what the best hotel downtown was. He said immediately, "The Harbour Castle. They put all the movie and TV stars filming on location there." Well, that was almost 20 years ago, and I don't know if the Hollywood stuff is still true, but it's still a terrific hotel, conveniently located, with beautiful views of the lake from many of the rooms. The kids will love the rooftop pool. Try to book this through an on-line service because, depending when you go, it's going to be a typically expensive center-city stay. (Can you say "Toronto International Film Festival"?) Yeah, as some other reviewers have noted, the parking is horrendous. I'll overlook that because of the beautiful scenery and nice accomodations. It's absoluately worth your while.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear CAF1129,

Thank you for your kind review!
I am glad that we could stay consistent with your expectations.

We hope to see you again!

Smiths Falls
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed for one night with my husband and was not impressed. We chose this hotel because we stayed there five years ago and it was wonderful. This time around we received the most indifferent customer service that I have ever seen in all my years travelling. It started with the doorman, continued on through the parking valets to the staff member who checked us in. Nobody smiled or welcomed us, we really got the impression that we were a huge nuisance. We showed up in a brand new red mustang, we were nicely dressed, clean and polite to everyone that we spoke to. Our room was not ready so we asked that are luggage be stored, where upon the man handling our luggage, rolled his eyes and sighed. He did go and check the storage room and after returning grudgingly took our bags. The service just stayed the same right up to our safe and TV not working. Our TV was never fixed and no explanation was given. We needed our coats from the car when it started to pour down rain and the parking valets actually asked us if we really needed them. Checkout was handled very coldly and only after making a comment about how disappointed we were with our stay did the woman actually look up and make eye contact. She comped our valet parking which was the only positive thing about this stay. I am at loss to understand how such a wonderful stay five years ago could evolve into such a terrible one this time. I did expect great things and I guess I shouldn't have.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear linbe,

Feedback is a gift and I really appreciate you sharing your review.

This type of behavior is totally unacceptable and I would like to assure you that we are taking this very seriously. Rest assured I am personally following up with my team so we are able to avoid this situation in the future.

In the meantime, I would really appreciate if you could send me a private message or email me at experienceteam@westin.com with a phone number where I can contact you to further discuss.

I look forward to connecting with you.