“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #33 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I were on our first trip together and had to stay a night in Toronto so I decided on an evening at the Westin Harbour Castle. As soon as we arrived, our bags were swept away and we were given a claim ticket so we would not have to lug them around. We were too early to check in so not having to worry about our bags allowed us to spend the day in Toronto carefree. The atmosphere of the hotel is very elegant without being pretentious and we loved the light perfume smell in the air throughout the lobby. It wasn't too overpowering and added greatly to the experience.

We spent the day in the city and returned to check in later in the evening. The process was painless and the clerk learned that this was a special evening for us and upgraded us to a lakeview room instead of the city view we had booked. Our bags were deliverers quickly after we got to our room. The room was clean and beautiful and the view of the lake was gorgeous. Our first night in a hotel together was absolutely superb and so comfortable.

In the morning we were greeted promptly with the room service we had ordered for breakfast the evening before. The chef had outdone himself. Even though the service was a bit pricey, we were pleased with the experience and wished we could have stayed longer to enjoy more of the amenities the hotel offered.

The only major problem is the city is performing construction on the waterfront right infront of the hotel so it took us some time to figure out how to get in and this is the only reason I give only three points for location because it is unsightly for such a beautiful hotel and made our initial arrival a little inconvenient.

We definitely look forward to returning.

1 Thank Jason U
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Jason,

Thank you to you and your girlfriend for staying with us recently and for noticing the Westin signature scent in the lobby – white tea!

I am pleased that our front desk team was able to upgrade you and that you enjoyed your room and breakfast in bed.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back. Should you need anything in the meantime, please email me directly at experienceteam@westin.com

Edwin Frizzell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,089)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We travel to Toronto each year with our children to give them a taste of the City. Our favorite hotel is under new management, so we wanted to try something new and we were looking fo something family friendly. As we have 3 children we needed a second room. We tried to book adjoining rooms, but on arrival we were told the rooms would be on the same floor. The second room was not yet available AND we might have to move one of the rooms for the second night. We went out for dinner and when we returned we learned that our second room was now on a different floor altogether. We were very politely advised that in the future, if we need adjoining rooms we need to call the hotel directly and make sure that the rooms are 'blocked off' for us. The good news, was that we did not have to change rooms for the second night. Even on checkout the bill was completely mixed up and not consistent with the reservations we had made. The staff was great and adjusted the bill accordingly, but it was stressful to wait in line when I could have been spending time with my husband and children! On a very good note, the breakfast was amazing! The valet parking was a luxerious treat and the location was fun too.
I could see that the staff was really trying hard to help us. It was a busy weekend and the hotel was full. So, I think we will try it again the next time we are in Toronto. I hope it is better next time.

Room Tip: If you need adjoining rooms call the hotel directly to be sure they can accomodate the request.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracey C
Dear Tracey,

I appreciate you taking the time to share some thoughts on your recent visit.

Thank you to you and your family for choosing to stay with us. I apologize about the confusion regarding the rooms but am pleased that you all enjoyed your visit to Toronto nonetheless.

I sincerely appreciate the vote of confidence and, next time you all are ready for your next Toronto adventure, I would love if you could email me directly (at experienceteam@westin.com) so that I can make sure your whole family has a flawless experience.

I will look forward to welcoming you all soon and to the opportunity to show you what a perfect Westin experience should be.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This Westin Hotel does not hold up to the standards adhered to at other Westin hotels around the world. Rooms look tired, and even smell stale. They have tried to cover this up by spraying copious amounts of freshener, but honestly it just confirms the feelings of low quality one gets upon entering the room. The smell in my current room is NOT the signature Westin WhiteTea scent but some kind of cheap chemical smell. Nasty.
Having travelled extensively, I can honestly say that there is absolutely nothing here of any substance for the discerning world traveller. This hotel seems to do a great job of "fooling" the less knowledgeable pedestrian but rest assured the quality is mediocre at best.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

This is a really concerning review and I am taking your comments very seriously.
I would like to discuss your feedback in further details as what you describe is unacceptable.
Can you please email me at experienceteam@westin.com?

Once again, I appreciate you bringing your thoughts to my attention and I will look forward to connecting with you soon.

Toronto
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle too many times to count, but it would be at least 20 visits. On our last visit, we arrived at our usual time, about 12:00 noon. We were told immediately that check in was at 3:00 and our room was not ready. This is the first time we have never been able to check in upon arrival, regardless of the time. Usually, the staff tell us they like to get people settled as soon as they arrive to avoid the afternoon 'rush' and search for a room that meets our criteria. This was the case at the Westin Ottawa two weeks previous. The Westin is a brand that puts an emphasis on service after all. It was hard to believe not a single room was ready for us. We checked our bags and wandered around the harbour for a couple of hours. It was suggested that we call back around 2:00 to see if our room was ready. I did, but again I was told, the room would not be ready until 3:00. It was obvious, this has become a new standard at this Westin. As expected we arrived back to the hotel at 3:00 to see a huge, long line of guests waiting for check in. Frustrating. We also noticed there was no green apples or flavoured water at any time during our stay. Both a usual welcome at this hotel in the past. On a positive the rooms were as expected and the staff we encountered were pleasant.

1 Thank FrequentflyerToronto
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel and for taking the time to share some thoughts on your most recent visit.

Our check-in time as always been 3.00pm but when the hotel is not sold out, we are always pleased to check-in guests earlier to give them extra time to settle and relax.

During your last stay, the hotel was sold out with several big groups in-house and in such circumstances, it is impossible for our operation teams to offer rooms earlier than the expected check-in time. I truly apologize about that.

Because you are such a loyal guest of Westin, I would like to get the opportunity to personally apologize for this inconvenience and would appreciate if you could email me at experienceteam@westin.com

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed recently at Westin Harbour Castle with my husband for our honeymoon. Ludmila at front desk was very friendly. She congratulated us and even sent us some champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. It was such a heartfelt gesture with a personalized card. I felt so great. My new husband and I were so impressed. Thumbs up Westin Harbour Castle! Your staff and property are amazing!

2 Thank VMillerkingston
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your honeymoon!
What a great story about Ludmila sending you a little surprise for the occasion. I will make sure to thank her for this personal touch!

Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I visit Toronto often and there re many great hotels, but people like Gerardo at the front desk go out of their way to make sure everything about your stay is perfect. His professional and helping attitude is reason enough to return to this great property on the Toronto water front.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room facingLake Ontario, Center Island and Toronto Island Airport.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Brendan P
Thank you, dear Brendan, for sharing your wonderful review!

I will make sure to thank our teams – and especially Gerardo - for taking such great care of you. I am very proud of all our associates who daily go above and beyond to ensure that all of our guests’ expectations are met and exceeded.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Dhaka, null, Bangladesh
Reviewed August 15, 2013

we enjoyed a lot in Toronto by staying in Westin Hotel. We visited CN Tower, Niagara Falls, Wonderland etc.
Our children, my wife and myself enjoyed a lot. We kliked this hotel very much because is t is situated in fantastic harbour view location.

Hope this is enough.

Room Tip: quiet and top floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Syed Atiqur R
Dear Syed,

I am very impressed at how much you did and how many places you visited.

It was a pleasure to welcome your family and I truly appreciate you sharing your kind review online.
Looking forward to your next visit!