“Westin Harbour Castle feedback July”

The Westin Harbour Castle
Ranked #32 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
SOUTHAVEN
“Westin Harbour Castle feedback July”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I wanted to praise the great work the people at Westin do to make my every stay the best. Everybody I interacted with was very custimer service focus. I particularly want to say my kudos to the following: Bin Sadou, Ingrid & Shawn (at front), Mina & Tess (at the Grab&Go brkfast), Mohamed & Nino (at Valet). They are the best in book of world traveler. Plz pass on my admiration

Room Tip: rooms ending 19 are my fav.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ballabouba
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
WOW, dear ballabouba, what a great review!

I will make sure to thank all the associates you mentioned. It is always nice to know that our teams go above and beyond to exceed your expectations and that you connected so well with all of them.

Thanks again for taking the time to share this wonderful post!
Edwin Frizzell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,101)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed one night at the Weatin Harbour castle and we were less than simple to deal with I am sure but the staff at this hotel were amazing!
We were confused about our rooms at first, a communication error on my behalf.
The hotel staff were very kind in not only ensuring we had everything we needed to be comfortable, but they also delivered a collapsible bed when we needed it, took it back when we were done, and all with a smile.
Especially impressive that the person at the counter remembered my name on sight when we checked out! Unprecedented for a hotel that size!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Arynn
Dear Arynn,

What a great review! Thank you kindly for taking the time to share it with fellow travelers.

I am delighted to know that our team went the extra mile to ensure you had a pleasant stay. This is exactly how it should feel for all guests at Westin hotels!

I look forward to welcoming you back!
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nice hotel, but our room smelled very musty like air freshener trying to cover up carpet smell. There was a heat wave, but the room itself was at a nice temperature so that's not what caused the smell. It was really noticable when entering our room but we got used to it. Other than that the room was lovely-great view. Cleaning staff was fantastic, pool was not full of chlorine. Construction outside the hotel made getting to it very difficult and frustrating (Queen's Quay was down to one way only so we couldn't get to the entrance from the west, had to go all the way around and come back from the east-in rush hour, took 40 minutes when we were 1/2 block from the entrance coming the other way), which resulted in us parking the vehicle and spending a small fortune on taxis so we wouldn't have to deal with it (we were in and out a lot setting up for a family member's wedding in High Park). Obviously not the hotel's fault but it is something to make note of until construction is finished. Store had lots in it. Didn't check out any restaurants but the Starbucks coffee bar was handy (I walked down to the actual Starbucks down the street as at first glance the menu was not a full menu and the line was long). Would stay there again.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are any rooms that don't overlook the water, but I would always make s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa M
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Lisa,

What you mention about the smell in your room is very concerning as this is most definitely not the quality standard at Westin hotels. I would love to discuss with you to understand if you brought this comment to the attention of any of our team members and if they already investigated.

I sincerely apologize for that inconvenience but am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time at the wedding.

I will look forward to your next visit. Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me at experienceteam@westin.com
Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is nothing to look at but is situated perfectly to explore Toronto , the rooms are spacious and comfortable , although depending on which room you have ,the view is great to poor as there is a lot of construction work going on in the area , the ferry terminal is close by , the main shopping street is 10 minute walk away as is the CN tower which is also close , the hotel has great facilities , the gym is good , the pool is both good for adults and children it even has a little play ground for toddlers , very family friendly , hotel staff are very friendly , all in all a nice hotel

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Dar G
Dear Dar G,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to read that your most recent visit was a success and that you thoroughly enjoyed our location and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back. Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at experienceteam@westin.com

Sudbury
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last summer. First the positives as our stay wasn't horrible! The hotel is in a fantastic location and the staff were very friendly during our stay. The breakfast buffet was outstanding! I was surprised that our room was not as clean as one would expect from a Westin Hotel but this did not hamper our stay. After check out we had arranged for our luggage to be stored while we enjoyed Toronto before our train departed. When we picked it up, many of our personal items were destroyed as someone from the bell desk had dropped cola all over them. Souvenirs from places we had visited all over Toronto were ruined. It was a disaster and my kids were crying in the lobby about their items. We had to catch our train and obviously did not have time to get new souvenirs. My son was especially devastated that his dinosaur book from the ROM was damaged. He was looking forward to sharing this with his classmates. The manager was trying her best to accommodate us and did comp us a night of our stay, which was very much appreciated. But she also made a promise to my son to have a staff member go and get another book and mail it to us. She offered to replace other souvenirs but we said it was not necessary, but as it was the book that meant the most to him, replacing it really pleased us. Unfortunately the book never arrived. My son was very hurt and upset and visited the mailbox often, only to be disappointed. Westin dropped the ball on this one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lunabella76
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Lunabella76,

Oh no! I am so sorry that the dinosaur book never arrived. I have followed-up with our team to know what happened and I apologize for the delay.

As promised, we are replacing the book and it was couriered out yesterday.

I thank you for sharing this story with me and appreciate you bringing it to my attention. Our teams pride themselves in exceeding our guests’ expectations and I can easily understand how disappointed your son must have been.

Please look out for the book and should you need anything in the meantime, please kindly email me at experienceteam@westin.com

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We traveled to Toronto for a friend's wedding and stayed at the Harbour Castle on the "second night use your birth date" promotion. We were not impressed with the check-in. There seemed to be too few desk personnel. I told the agent when we finally got up to her and she immediately apologized and offered us free valet parking. The rest of our stay was very nice. We really found all staff very friendly. We had a wonderful view of the waterfront from our room, which was very clean. We would certainly stay at the Harbour Castle again. All was great until after we checked out and a few days later I discovered that they in fact did charge me for the valet parking. After I called them they straightened the problem right away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dadofjessie
Dear dadofjessie,

I apologize for the issue with the parking refund but am pleased to read that our team took care of it right away for you.

Thank you kindly for staying with us while attending your friend’s wedding and for taking the time to share your review.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Orillia, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Having stayed twice in the past year, once on business and most recently with my spouse for a weekend, and many times in prior years, the stays are always 5 star.
The property, the service, the location and the amenities nearby are top of the class for Toronto.
If you have a chance, get out and walk to Harbourfront, the scenery and ambience are fantastic.
Lots of restaurants and pubs to choose from.
Enjoy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hockeyfamily9
Dear hockeyfamily9,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your home away from home.
It is always a pleasure to welcome you and I appreciate you taking the time to share your kind review. This is exactly how it should feel for all our guests.

I look forward to your next visit, and should you need anything in the meantime, please email me directly at experienceteam@westin.com