Let me start by saying that I seldom stay in large hotels - I prefer boutique hotel where the service is very personalized and attentive. So finding myself having to stay at a huge Westin property is pretty much my idea of a nightmare.
So, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised...no...make that delighted, by the experience I recently had at the Westin Harbour Castle.
Checkin: Quick, friendly and effiicient - they made changes without even being asked and just changed the room keys they'd just printed when I mentioned that I didn't want to be too close to an elevator and I ended up with a lovely corner room with great views.
The room: Standard large-hotel room. Nothing special or distinguishing, but very clean, comfortable and well laid-out. I was travelling with a friend and it was one of the few places that I could find with 2 double beds.
The beds: Very, very comfortable and appreciated the good quality linens.
The service: This is where the WHC shone - on three separate instances in the course of a weekend, the staff went over and above.
First: Sending up a lovely cheese board when the wine glasses I'd asked for (not, I should note, to consume wine that I'd purchased on the property) took 15 minutes and another phone call to the front desk to arrive. Nice.
Second: Jumping to action when I took a fall around the corner (not on their property...and I made that clear to them) that required a trip to the ER. Not only did they send up security in about 2 minutes after I called the front desk to enquire where the nearest ER was to clean up the gash on my chin, they paid for my taxi both to and from the hospital. Very nice.
Third: When I got back to my room, chin sore and painfully stitched up, there were two lovely bowls of berries for myself and my travelling companion with a hand-written note from security saying that they hoped that they would brighten my day. Really? Soooo nice!
So. Westin Harbour Castle, BRAVO! you have exceeded my expectations on customer care and incredible service. I will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto. Our downtown Toronto hotel is located on the vibrant waterfront of Lake Ontario, where you can enjoy Toronto's seasonal events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Harbour Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Harbour Castle Hotel Toronto
- Westin Hotel Toronto
- Westin Toronto
- Westin Harbor Castle Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Westin
- Westin Harbour Castle Toronto