“Beautiful room, gorgeous view and the best beds in the world!”

The Westin Harbour Castle
Ranked #32 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Montreal, Canada
“Beautiful room, gorgeous view and the best beds in the world!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed with my two sisters and loved it. Had a room with massive windows overlooking harbour. Lobby is a nice place for a martini and relaxation. Would definitely stay there again, but it is a bit of a splurge for us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear PMVE,

This is such a great review: thank you for taking the time to share it.
I am delighted that your sisters and yourself enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,
Edwin Frizzell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,101)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
lincolnshire
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visited Toronto in January for Business and we stayed at this hotel.

The hotel has 2 restaurants one is more buffet style and the other is more main restaurant, i did not eat there.

The room was on the 27 floor which is fine, apart from the night i landed there was a fire alarm and i had to walk down and back up 27 flights of stairs so be well aware the lifts are not in operation for an hour or two after a fire alarm.

At breakfast you will find a great choice of hot and cold items.

There is a swimming pool and a reasonable gym.

The staff are very helpful and nice, even to the point of recommending places to dine.

There is no free WiFi in any rooms other than at the downstairs bar.

Car-parking at the hotel is also not free and is approximately $40 per day however you can barter with them i got it for $20 per day

In general good clean hotel with good amenities and good breakfast choices.

Prices in the bar are very expensive however so is the whole of Toronto so its just the place you are going too, do not let that put you off.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbour
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear swampy73,

What a great review: thank you for sharing it.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our amenities.
I look forward to your next visit,

Be well,
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed for two nights in February and the service from the moment we arrived all the way to check out was excellent! The food was a bit expensive but very good. The pool area was very nice. We were there mid-week so it wasn't crowded in the.pool area! The only negative was the Valet fee is $40.00 per day but they tell you that you can go one block down the street and park for $30.00 per day as an option but for us that was not feasible so we had to pay the $40.00. Overall I would definitely recommend it as a great hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank keno24649
WOW, thank you dear keno24649 for sharing such a kind review.
At Westin, our mission is to exceed our guests' expectations and I am pleased that our teams succeeded with your stay,

I look forward to seeing you both soon,
Stay well,
mx3man123
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I spent the night at the Westin Harbour Castle on March 12th, 2013. It was a little hard to get too as the main road in front of this hotel was tore up so you had to get to the hotel from the east and not the west. Check in was a breeze, very friendly front desk staff. Our room on first glance was very nice but upon further inspection there were a few things that changed my mind. On the window sill there was a couple of potato chips left from the last person. There was a dried blood stain on the corner of one of the pillow cases. There was some mould starting to grow on tiles in the bathroom and there was a small hole in the wall beside the bed. The room was looking a bit worn. I also noticed that on our floor in particular there was a lot of dirty dishes laying on the floor and they stayed there for hours. Bed was very comfortable though and check out was a breeze. Valet parking also has in and out privileges as well which is a bonus. We would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael C
Dear mx3man123,

Thank you to you and your wife for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share some thoughts online.
Feedback is a gift and I sincerely appreciate you sharing your comments on the room condition and in-room dining service.
I sincerely apologize for that as it is most definitely not the standard of quality the hotel is proud of. We are taking cleanliness very seriously and I will follow-up with our team to ensure that similar issues don't happen in the future.
In the meantime, I would appreciate if you could email me with your phone number at experienceteam@westin.com.

I look forward to connecting with you,
Regards,
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great locations, about 15 minute walk to the Eaton Centre! A great spot to go a nice run in the morning! Gym is small but well aired, no stuffy unclean gym :)
Staff always willing to help and accommodate the best way they can!!
Top of my choice for Toronto Downtown

Room Tip: Ask for a view on the water... You might hear the boat but its still worth seen the nice view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Cyndae2003,

I was pleased to read your review and to know that you truly enjoyed your stay with us.
Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers online.
I look forward to your next visit,
Warm wishes,

London, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just spent 3 days (2 nights) at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto. The hotel was beautiful (very clean, upscale modern feel to it) and the staff were very friendly. We were there for a conference that was being held at the hotel - the conference facilities were also excellent. I particularly liked the coffee breaks which were stocked with healthy options (Naked Smoothies, raw almonds, veggies) - awesome! My only complaint is that my room was quite noisy. I think the wall are quite thin as both nights I could hear my neighbours talking, flushing the toilet, etc. Also the doors really slam so you hear that too...I think the hotel needs to invest in some sound barriers between rooms. Also the heating system was very loud. I was on the 19th floor. Other than the noise the hotel was great - would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear mklaz,

I am delighted that your conference went well and that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our Westin 'feel well' amenities and healthy food options!

I apologize for the noise in your room and understand how it affected your stay. Before sending our engineering team in it to check the heating system, I would love to speak with you. Could you please email me at experienceteam@westin.com

I look forward to connecting with you
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great hotel for the money. The location was a little out of the way being by the harbor. Service was wonderful. Gerardo took great care of us. The rooms were nice and clean. The heavenly bed is always a nice touch.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear kenny1078,

Gerardo is an amazing associate and I am pleased to know that he took great care of you.
I will make sure to thank him on your behalf and I thank you for taking the time to share your kind review.
Warm regards,