“Excellent value and Harbourfront Location”

The Westin Harbour Castle
Ranked #33 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Orleans, Ontario
“Excellent value and Harbourfront Location”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

While this property is about 30 years old, it is well maintained with a funky and large lobby area, spacious and modern rooms, the softest towels I've used this side of home and the Westin Workout gym and big lap pool are both excellent (although busy at 6am even). There is a plethora of food choices in the downtown core so I did not have any hotel food. Location is very central with quick walks to the Air Canada Centre, Union Station, and Rogers Centre. Cabs are a plenty in the entrance area and it is also close to the theatre district, Exhibition Place, BMO field, University Avenue health science centres and the Bay Street financial district. I will stay here again in the near future.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear WJR-041,

I am glad that you like our lobby. We are changing the colour soon, so I hope you will be able to come back and enjoy our new 'look'.
I am pleased to know that you took advantage of our facilities and enjoyed our WestinWORKOUT fitness studio.

I look forward to your next stay and thank you again kindly for your excellent review.
Stay well,
Edwin Frizzell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,089)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rochester, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Westin Harbour Castle is not cheap but you don't stay at a Westin for that. We rented a jr. suite overlooking Lake Ontario for $259 Canadian per night. The hotel is only one block from the Air Canada Center which was great for walking to and from the concert we came to town for. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the view stunning. The bathroom was not what I would expect from a Westin, it was on the small side and wasn't as clean as I would like. There was black mold on the grout in the shower which is a major turnoff for me. You expect that at a Holiday Inn, not a Westin. The carpet leading into the bathroom was ripped and bare in one spot. The towels felt like sandpaper, again not expected at a Westin. On the bright side, the room was very quiet and we did get a great night's sleep. It would be a very good rating with these things if it had been under $200/night.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake are worth the extra money.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dreamn18,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your review.
What you describe about the condition of the bathroom is not acceptable and I am taking this comment extremely seriously as this is not the quality of service that our guests should experience.
This is why I would really appreciate if you could email me at experienceteam@westin.com.

I hope you can come visit again soon and I can assure you that I will take every action so that your next visit is flawless.
Roanoke, VA
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was in Toronto for business but got to spend an extra couple days due to a snow storm shutting down the NorthEast. I have a very pleasant room on the Penthouse floor, just below the rooftop restaurant. I wondered about being so close to the restaurant, but heard absolutely nothing from upstairs in five nights. My room included a spectacular view of the harbor, except when the snow resulted in zero visibility.
The staff was consistently pleasant even though I had to change my plans several times due to flight cancellations. Food at the hotel was pretty tasty if somewhat pricey, which was good because ice kept me from leaving the hotel at all one day.
I'd be happy to visit again, as someday I'd like to see a bit more of Toronto...

Room Tip: It's worth trying to get a fairly high floor on the harbor side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear RoanokeCorvette,

I am sorry your travels got delayed because of the snow storm but delighted that you felt at home while staying with us.
Thank you for sharing your kind review and I do hope that you will be back in Toronto soon for some sightseeing.
When the time comes, please email me directly at experienceteam@westin.com and I will happily make the arrangements for your stay.

London, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our first time staying at the Westin and we will definitely be back. We stayed for one night with the Mirvish theatre package. We had a great room, king overlooking the lake. The beds are comfortable, rooms are Very clean and there was no noise heard at night from the hall or nearby rooms. The hotel was quite busy when we checked in due to an event being held in their conference centre just finishing, but the service was surprisingly very quick and the staff were great! Although there was (unfortunately) no valet parking available when we arrived, we got a ticket and drove around the block to do the self-park. It is a very short walk, even if one did have luggage. The hotel is located in a great spot on the water, only a short walk or cab to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear merricj,

I am delighted to count you as a loyal guest of our hotel.
Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your kind review.

I trust you enjoyed the new Mirvish musical and hope to welcome you back soon - maybe for the next Mirvish show!
Stay well,
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very clean, and impressive, from the lobby to the restaurants to the common areas to the room. When the tv did not seem to work, staff were very quick to help--it seems that I just did not know how to use it, but staff made it seem that it was their mistake, not mine, rather than making me feel stupid. Very professional, I must say. I was treated respectfully and loved being there.

Room Tip: Top floors have better views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear HappyFamilyNow,

Thank you for staying with us recently
I am sorry about the inconvenience you encountered with the TV but pleased that our teams took care of this issue quickly and professionally for you.
At Westin, it is our mission to make you feel at home and I am delighted that we succeeded.
Looking forward to welcoming you back,

Warm regards,
Boston
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle as a part of a conference my company was holding for Canadian users of our products and I was very impressed. The front desk staff, catering and meeting planning people all provided excellent service.

My only complaint was the rooms seemed to have thin walls, so I could hear a lot of TV and discussion noise from the neighboring room. It could of been that they were extra noisy folks.

I can't personally rate the breakfast, but I have heard both restaurants are quite good, and the catering was excellent.

I am SPG Platinum and middle tiers in Marriott and Hilton. I tend to only review properties that exceed my expectations. This property did.

Best, RC

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Roland C,

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your company to our hotel. I am pleased that your event went well and delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience with the noisy neighbours and would like to personally apologize if you could kindly email me at experienceteam@westin.com

Thank you for being a loyal SPG guest and for taking the time to share your review.
I look forward to connecting with you,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Last new years eve friends and I were in a room for new years eve and hotel is still great! Love the bathroom lighted mirror ,rooms could be a tad bigger,but are great.

I really love the pool,it is one of the best in the city for hotels, pretty deep and good size. Like that they have both a sauna and steam room.

If I had to fault anything, it would be sometimes this hotel can be too expensive, but if you can get a deal, it is great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Luke242,

What a great start to kick off the new year! Thank you for staying with us - I am pleased that you and your friends celebrated well.
I appreciate you taking the time to share your review and hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.