We spent 8 nights at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in February. The hotel is classed as a 4*; however, it lacks a few things we would consider necessary to qualify for 4 stars: communal area appearance, service, facilities.
The Westin is well located in the downtown area, within walking distance of a number of attractions, including the CN Tower, the Toronto Islands Ferry Terminal, restaurants, and bars. Upon our arrival, around 10pm, there were no hotel porters to assist with the doors or our luggage.
The room we stayed in was spacious, clean, with 2 comfortable beds. During our stay, the room was attended to on a daily basis by a very pleasant maid; however, supplies were not forthcoming (tissues, soaps, conditioners, room tea, coffee etc) and we often ran out and had to ask for them. We did not eat at the hotel due to the expensive menu.
During our stay, the pool area was out of action for at least 5 days, due to vandalism. The locker rooms had no locks and the changing area offered little room and no privacy. We found this a turn off. The walls in the hotel are very thin and block out no noise. We could hear guests in the next room, coughing, talking, belching, and hear every word of their conversations. We also encountered noise in the hallways late at night and had to call for security at 3.15am one morning to remove the offenders.
The concierge were pleasant and helpful, and we booked an enjoyable trip to Niagara through them. Upon our check out, we used the lobby printer for our flight pre-boarding passes and encountered a staff member with a bad attitude, unwilling to assist in even pointing out directions.
Above all, the Westin is a pleasant, comfortable place to stay, but it is not cheap and the service and facilities leave some room for improvement. Based on our experience, we would class it a 3 - 3.5 * hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the perfect blend of relaxation, renewal, and modern comfort at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto. You'll find our hotel on the revitalized waterfront, just steps away from the Downtown Core via the PATH, Toronto’s underground covered walkway. The city's lively theatre and entertainment districts are just steps away, as are the Air Canada Centre and other famous attractions. Our CAA/AAA Four Diamond hotel welcomes you with beautifully designed accommodations featuring large workspaces, high-speed Internet access, and our legendary Westin Heavenly® Bed. Some of our hotel rooms also boast incredible views of Lake Ontario. Stop by one of our several outstanding restaurants for a delicious, healthful meal - or refresh with a dip in our indoor pool. Meetings and events are inspired occasions in our adaptable venues, including the spectacular Metropolitan Ballroom - the largest hotel ballroom in Canada. And our prime waterfront location enables you to explore the best of the downtown area with ease - from Rogers Centre to the CN Tower and Ripley's Aquarium. s attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Harbour Castle Hotel Toronto
- Westin Hotel Toronto
- Westin Toronto
- Westin Harbor Castle Hotel Toronto
- The Westin Harbour Castle
- Toronto Westin
- Westin Harbour Castle Toronto