“Lovely location yet near to city”

The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
Ranked #28 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Typical big city hotel but great setting.Rooms the very good standard that you expect in Canada. Location perfect for events at Exhibition centre and also close to city centre.Typical hotel food ok but expensive Plenty of local restaurants of all standards.Front desk and bar staff very impersonal and aloof.When will hotel chains realise your welcome at front desk sets the tone for your stay ?

Room Tip: Ask for Lake view stunning to wake up to.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
EdwinFrizzell, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear epocmot,

I thank you for taking the time to share your review and for your recent visit.
I am glad that you appreciated our hotel and location but concerrned about your comment on our front desk team. Let me assure you that this is most definitely not the usual friendly greeting we are famous for and I will follow up immediately with the team to avoid similar situations in the future.

Please kindly email me at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next visit so that I can make sure everything is flawless.
Looking forward to welcoming you back,
Warmly,

There are newer reviews for The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto

Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful with all the ammenities and overlooks beautiful lake Ontario. The rooms were very clean, modern, comfortable and the beds have down comforters! Room service is promt. The lobby bar is cozy with a view of the lake and a small park, as well as the ferry. The restaurant puts out a big breakfast spread, although the food was fair at breakfast I wasn't impressed with either times I had dinner. There is an upscale dining club on the top floor I did not have time to dine at. But overall a wonderful and comfortable stay!

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear ginger s,

Thank you for your recent visit from Florida.
I am glad to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to your next visit.
Stay well,

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I went to the westin harbour castle last week and the service was not bad, i really enjoyed my time there but there is better hotels then this one, i think thier prices are over priced. thier parking was kinda too tight but overall experiences was not bad like i said, its over priced but the location pays off well

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your review Jason B.

The Westin Harbour Castle’s location is what differentiates us from other hotels, and we are happy that, just like many of our guests, you were able to experience that as well.
I will bring up your comments at our next executive meeting and really wanted to thank you for this valuable feedback.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Westin Harbor Castle is a nice hotel for visiting Toronto. This lake front hotel has the best view for both Lake Ontario and CN Tower with Toronto skyline. The ferry to Toronto Island is right behind the hotel. The hotel is not in the center of the downtown Toronto, but easily walk 10-15 minutes or take subway in Union Station that is about 2 blocks north. The hotel is not new or modem, but the service and staff are excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Jeny201110,
Thank you kindly for your great review.

We are delighted to hear that your stay at our hotel met your expectations; it is what our associates strive for when delivering service to our guests.
Hope to see you soon!
Stay well,

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed one night in December 2012 for a corporate Christmas party. We were in a room on a nice high floor (29th) in the North Tower. Not sure what the difference between the North and South were. The room was clean, spacious enough for what we needed and well equipped as far as hookups for computers, coffee maker, etc. No fridge (which was fine for our stay) and Starbucks coffee in room! We did have a room that was adjoining with another room and there were some noise issues.

We did not use the pool but walked through it on our way to fitness centre. Pool looked clean and lovely, lots of people enjoying it. There is also a little play area off to the side of the pool area that is blocked off for toddlers to pay in. The fitness centre was excellent as far as hotel gyms go! The cardio equipment was plentiful and brand new! The eliptical (which I used) was the smoothest I've ever experienced and all the features on it were great. Not much for a leg workout but the gym is well equipped with dumbells, benches, mats, Roman Chair, medicine balls, large exercise balls, cables, and a few pieces of universal style equipment. There were towels and water available as well as earphones (which I did miss until the end of my workout).

We utilized the valet parking which, for $10 more than off site parking, was well worth it! They were quick and polite. We had a group dinner there and it was wonderful. We did not stay for breakfast, but we hear it's a wonderful meal!

Location is excellent too, and would be even better in the summer months with the waterfront right there at your doorstep!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MeggOntario

Dear MeggOntario,
Thank you for your detailed review.

At The Westin Harbour Castle, we feel that it is our responsibility to create an oasis away from home during your stay with us. It seems that we have achieved just that, and it cannot be done without our amazing associates. I’m thrilled to hear you were able to take advantage of the many amenities the hotel has to offer as well.
We look forward to your next visit,
Warmly,

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed at the Westin Harbor Castle recently and we were treated extremely well. Bin Sadoon the Director of the Front Office looked after us so well. As an SPG Platinum member, I stay in many different Starwood properties around the world. The Westin Harbor Castle ranks up there with the best. The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Toronto right on the water. We were upgraded to a beautiful room that was very well appointed and had a beautiful view of the harbour and the island airport. It was very clean and everything was in good order. This hotel was hopping. Lots of things to do near by and right in the hotel itself there were quite a few choice for meals and places to enjoy. The service at this hotel is top notch, from the valet gentleman that greeted us when we arrived, to the front end check-in counter staff, to the lobby personal and restaurant staff they all had smiles on their faces and looked like they truly enjoyed working there. That is a rare thing these days. If you are looking for a great hotel with reasonable rates and a friendly and warm staff the Westin Harbor Castle is the place for you. I would gladly return the next time I am in downtown Toronto. Thank you to Bin and his staff for a great stay!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

WOW, dear Mschuetz,
This truly is an awesome review, so thank you for taking the time to share it!
I am very pleased to know that your stay with us was enjoyable. Without our amazing associates, memories like this wouldn’t be possible. I will recognize Bin and the rest of the associates for all their hard work and dedication.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 6, 2012

When I checked in, I did not get my room upgrade, however the front desk agent Juan told me they weren't sold out (I find this extremely odd as why I didn't receive my upgrade - I was there for a conference). As well, I didn't get any of my room preferences (e.g., high floor). I was on the 19th floor, not the Club floor or SPG preferred floor, nor use of the Club room. I felt like an average traveller. I could see other people being happy with the service, but when I stay at SPG properties, I always get an upgrade and room preferences. Extremely disapointed in the overall check in process. Not what I am used to with SPG, especially Westin's.

Room Tip: Extremely close to Union Station
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your review, dear Zeusy1.

First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Westin Harbour Castle and I am extremely sorry to hear that your preferences weren’t received. What you described is most definitely not the standard level of quality that we are proud to deliver at the hotel, and if I may speak with you more in detail about your stay, it would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contact me at your most convenient time at experienceteam@westin.com.

I look forward to connecting with you and once again, I apologize for this disappointing visit.