“One of the best places to stay in Toronto!!”

The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
Ranked #29 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I really liked this hotel!!.. The location is just perfect!!.. At the end of Yonge st. In front of Ontario lake, Close to everything and with a beautiful view of the city!!

In addition, the service was excellent!!.. I would recommend this place100% and I will definitely go back there!!

2  Thank MR080
Eric A, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear MR080,

Thank you for sharing your review and for your great recommendation. I really appreciate you taking the time to post it.

We’re delighted to hear your stay at The Westin Harbour Castle was everything you could have imagined. Our friendly associates play a big part in making your experience a memorable one, and we’re glad they have succeeded.

Edwin Frizzell

Write a ReviewReviews (4,633)

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a good Westin with pleasant service, comfortable beds and a great view of the Harbour. However, as like most Hotels don't expect the doors to mute the hotel noise when your neighbor retires at 2:30am after a night on the town. Stayed with wife for anniversary getaway on the weekend and there were a number of tour groups going through and they spent alot of their time in the public spaces which were very nice and in the evening included a piano bar.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Got a room on the 28th floor of the North Tower .

Clean large spacious room with a perfect view over Lake Ontario over to Toronto Island.

Free WiFi in the reception lobby ... quick tip ... we found the signal reached our room on the 28th floor so check it out before buying it for your room !!

Didn't eat or drink here, far too expensive in what is a generally a very expensive city .

Perfectly positioned to see the city, right on the Lake Ontario Boardwalk & at the Toronto Island Ferry port, close to the Air Canada Centre, Union Station, Rogers Centre, Yonge Street etc, etc

Great base to see Toronto .

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Mooresz,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your review.
I am delighted to know that your recent stay at the hotel was positive and that you enjoyed our location and the great view from your room.
I hope to see you soon,

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've been a Starwood member for ages now, so I know exactly what to expect when I book a Westin/Sheraton/aLoft etc.
This Westin offers the same lovely soaps, excellent service, comfy "Heavenly" beds and showers that all of them have and it's nice to have that predictability on the road.

My son enjoyed the pool and I sat in the whirlpool, but the jets did not work. Kinda annoying. I also used the steam room, which I enjoyed very much. I also used the spa services and they were very good.

We had the Love Your Family package, which I highly recommend: it comes with a welcome bag for your kids (a hat, pencil crayons, map and postcard maker), includes valet parking ($40 otherwise) and buffet breakfast (up to $60). The buffet breakfast was REALLY good.

We had a direct view of the CN Tower and a partial view of the water.

Overall, we all enjoyed our stay very much and as a package, was worth the price.

There's free WIFI in the lobby. There are lots of places to eat just a short walk away.

There was a mistake on our final bill (they charged us for parking), but it was quickly corrected after I called about it.

4  Thank LifeOptimist

Dear LifeOptimist,

Thank you for sharing your great review and for your continuous loyalty to Starwood.

We’re delighted that your stay at our hotel met your expectations and pleased to know that you took advantage of our amenities. I am sorry for the inconvenience in the whirlpool and will follow-up right away regarding this issue.
I am glad that your family enjoyed their stay.
Thank you for your recommendation and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you all again soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have been to this hotel before and it is nicely appointed, the staff are polite and the service good but there are a few things that need to be highlighted. It's been two years since I visited this hotel and in that time the breakfast is no longer included in the room price, the valet parking has rocketed to 40 dollars per day and Internet access is being charged to the room at 16 dollars a day + tax , even Starbucks provide it for the price of a coffee. To the company who runs this establishment I would suggest that you are more likely to turn people off from your fine establishment for the sake of adding value to your bottom line. Your approach is short sighted at best. Don't ruin your reputation for a few dollars more!

Room Tip: Lake view is a must
2  Thank Ed C
Reviewed October 8, 2012

When this hotel opened it was one of the flag ship hotels in Toronto. Fantastic on the water location and just a really classy place. My parents use to boast about how great it really was. So my wife and I were going into Toronto for a night out without the kids. Some dinner, dancing and just looking for a good place to hang our hat and relax. Hotel service I cannot complain about the staff all seemed to be doing their jobs. But when we arrived the place was just dated. We paid $179 for a king bed room with water view, a additional $40 for valet parking. You can self park for $30 but it is a block away and valet you should call 20 minutes before you need the car. When we arrived we were on the 7th floor went up and on the carpet was a piece of what looked like pizza crust on the floor. No big deal. Checked in looked around the room and the shower had 4 strands of hair still in it. On the wall, soap dish, tub base and under the hand rail. Then we went to the pool area, same thing just not really that clean. The whirlpool tub was not hot, just warm like tub temperature. It was also not very clean, particles floating around and hair etc. The pool deck was the same bits and pieces of odds and ends. Deck chair cushions were stained, wall paper inset detail were coming apart, just dated. The back to the room and there is that pizza crust now accompinied by a piece of paper by the elevator. By the time we were showered and off to dinner there was now a gatorade bottle on the table by the elevator and the pizza crust and the paper. Arriving back that evening and there is the pizza crust, paper receipt, gatorade bottle and now a napkin also on the floor in the hallway with 4 pizza pizza boxes outside someones room. By morning when we checked out all of these items still remained exactly where we saw them the day before. So what I am saying is that either no cleaning staff even ventured to this floor in over 18 hours or they did and they just ignored the mess. I personally do not understand why the mess is there in the first place, people pick up after yourselves, but as these people obviously did not maybe staff might do their job of keeping the place reletively clean. So really for the $250 toal including parking and taxes it was not worth the stay. I think I would prefer to spend a extra $100 and get the nicer overall experience. This hotel in the state that it is in should be charging the $139 rate. I should say the beds were comfortable and the view was very nice but it kinda goes down hill from that point on. Last comment, had a double vodka and a glass of wine in the front lobby bar after we got back and it was just over $30 without the tip.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dusktildawn66
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Within walking distance to the Air Canada Centre, Rogers Centre and the Eaton's Centre. About a 10 minute walk to the Eaton Centre. Valet parking available for a charge. Very convenient to use. Rooms are well appointed. There are two towers both giving different views. Nice cocktail meeting area in the lobby area. No real casual dining area in the hotel for small children but plenty of eating places nearby within a short distance. Union station also close by for trains and buses.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family