“Great location for first visit to Toronto” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel

Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
Ranked #33 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great location for first visit to Toronto”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting Toronto on vacation and considered a number of hotel options. We picked the Sheraton Centre on location, as well as price. We paid about GBP100 per night. Our room was in the Queen Tower on one of the lower floors. It was as well appointed as you would expect from such a chain. The view over the park was nice. The room and corridors felt slightly dated but it was all spotlessly cleaned and well maintained. The pool was nice, but too cold at this time of year. The indoor/outdoor idea is good and I'm sure works well in summer, but in winter it's terrible because the cold air gets in from outside and makes the indoor pool incredibly steamy and also cold. The whirlpool was also not bubbly enough! It's good that it's open until late evening though. The location of the hotel is great, as others have rightly pointed out. It connects to the PATH system of underground walkways and there are some good bars and restaurants nearby. I would advise guests to take breakfast/lunch in the food court on the concourse level rather than use the rather pricey Shopsys/Quinns restaurants or the other dining establishments on the ground floor of the hotel. There is also a Tim Hortons and a Seven Eleven next to the hotel which were particularly handy for breakfasts, drinks and snacks.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,096)
  • Korean first
Peterborough, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I had booked into the Sheraton in the summer for our 30th anniversary and were unable to visit due to a family emergency. A wonderful young woman, named Renae Walters, had given us her card on a previous visit and suggested that we contact her on our next visit.
Luckily we were able to book 2 nights on January 26 & 27th with the idea of attending "The Wizard of OZ" . I did contact Renae via email to let her know, not knowing if she would remember us.
When we arrived on Sat. we were told our room was being cleaned but that we could store our luggage and go up to the club lounge. We enjoyed the club lounges' view, quiet and Starbucks coffee for about an hour. When we entered our "room" we were so surprised and delighted that Renae had arranged for an upgrade. It was a beautiful 2 room suite with 2 person in room jacuzzi, comfortable king bed, 2 TV's, microwave and refrigerator and so much more. We could have moved in!
We had a great view of the city and lake.
After we returned from dinner, Renae had once again surprised us with a generous selection of cheeses, crackers, fruit, complimentary buffet breakfast and a bottle of champagne with a lovely note of congratulations from her and the housekeeping staff!!! We were overwhelmed with Renae's kindness and it truly made our weekend incredibly special. Thank-you so much Renae.
All of the staff at the Sheraton go out of their way to greet you and make certain that your stay is a memorable one. In fact we had the same server, Patrick, for dinner and breakfast in the restaurant B N B. Not certain how he was still smiling and friendly after only a few hours of sleep, but he managed quite well. The buffet was delicious as was the dinner the night before.
This hotel probably has one of the nicest lobby's in Toronto and is nicely decorated, but it is the people working there, that make it a great hotel.
We hope that the General Manger, Tony Dunn, realizes how special Renae Walters is and how she made The Sheraton Toronto Centre Hotel our New Favourite Hotel.

Room Tip: high room either side is great, ask for non feather pillows if you have allergies
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunburn88
Chelmsford, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here two nights on business, and was pleased. My colleagues were at the Hilton across the street, and all said their rooms were COLD. My room was toasty, had a lovely view of the city hall plaza and skating rink (11th floor). It was clean and comfortable. The fitness center is large and well equipped -- every cardio machine was in use at 6 am so go early! I didn't have time this trip to get into the pool, though I wished I could have -- it looked very enticing.

The hotel is on the underground, so you can shop and get around without putting on your winter gear. There are nice restaurants nearby, and a starbucks in the lobby. There is free internet access in the lobby for guests -- with a lovely big table to setup on -- great for a group strategizing before heading out for client meetings.

This hotel is a stop ont he Express Bus line to the airport, which is quite handy if you're carless!

The front-desk is not in an obvious location -- I had to ask to find it, and later assisted other arriving guests in finding it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel is fine, but only just fine. The location is great in central downtown Toronto, the lobby is nice and large, the rooms do not appear shabby. I have been at the hotel several times and there is something about the staff that is annoying. They don't do anything wrong, but everything seems to be a struggle, or slow, or annoying.
And the real issue is parking. They only have valet parking for $50 a night. I recommend you put your car in the city lot across the street under city hall, it will be less then half that price.

Room Tip: Park across the street, not at the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Yvonne H
Komoka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel before and the service and people remain the same.
We had a problem with heat in our room and within minutes of calling the front desk someone was here to repair it. Staff followed up afterwards to make sure we were comfortable and everything was in working order.
The beds are very comfortable and the location is great for skating, shopping, train, bus, theatre etc.
We wish the restaurant offered a gluten free menu. The waiter was knowledgeable about what was gluten free though.
Wonderful pool and gym/

Room Tip: We prefer to face north to Nathan Philips Square but the rooms with balconies facing the pool are ni...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank katharineb705
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of spending 6 nites over Christmas at the Sheraton. It`s a great hotel and is centrally located within all amenities. Only a short walk to the Eaton Center, subway or downtown, and is connected to Toronto underground. The beds were fantastic....almost cloud like. The staff, as expected, were friendly and efficient. I wouldn`t hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I was able to get a great deal via Hotwire for this hotel. Now truth be told I was a bit nervous after reading some of the reviews on here, but my stay was good. I took the train into Union Station and the walk to the hotel was a mere 10 mins if that. My check in was quick, but that could be due to the fact I beat the line that formed after I got there. I stayed in Room 911 which was at the end of the hall, but still close to the elevators. I heard no noise during my stay other than the outside traffic, but that's to be expected in a downtown hotel. My room looked right at City Hall so I was able to watch the skaters on the ice rink. The bathroom was right when you walked into the room on your left and felt small, but this was due to the set up of the bathroom. The toilet was in a weird position so that if you wanted two people to get ready in the bathroom at the same time one of you would have to straddle the toilet. The ceiling in the bathroom was also low so if you are over 6 feet it might feel a little cramped. The room itself was nice and the bed was incredibly comfortable. I enjoyed having the little bench at the end of the bed. Such a small thing yet it made a world of difference for me. The carpet was a bit tired looking and was bubbling in some spots. I also liked the complimentary bottle of water which is quite uncommon in most properties. The room coffee even though it's starbucks wasn't very good or at least I didn't think so. The location of the property is nothing short of excellent. I was able to walk everywhere I needed too and the subway was close by for the time I needed it. My only issue would be the lack of security which is a big minus for me. I understand the hotel is downtown but I really wasn't expecting to be solicited for money by the homeless buy walking through the lobby. My concern with this is that anyone could have gotten on the elevators and went to any floor in the hotel. I would have thought that at the very least the hotel elevators would have required you to swipe your room key prior to them being operable. All that being said I would stay here again but more so for location rather than for the service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends