“One awesome day”

Ranked #18 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“One awesome day”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I spent my birthday at the Radisson Toronto and it was great!
The price was better than the other hotels that I checked.
I book on line and it was the fastest check in in my life, I got the lake view so it was really beautiful.
At night we ice skated wright next to the hotel and in the morning we were amazed by the most complete breakfast that the Radisson offers for such a good price.

Great rooms, great food, great service, great experience!

Room Tip: Lake view!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
ArthurFumis,

Thank you for taking the time to compose and share your review of our hotel.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us! Its sounds as though you took advantage of the location and surrounding area.

ArthurFumis, thank you again for your time and your kind words. A belated Happy Birthday to your from all of us here at the Radisson Admiral!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Came from out of town Dec 14 to attend our very first Toronto Maple Leaf game. My wife and I decided to treat ourselves to hotel stay on the waterfront. As a Carlson member I decided to book on line and considered the business class room with breakfast. The next page when you book on line offers an upgrade to studio for 20 dollars more but you loose the free breakfast. I wasn't sure why they offer an upgrade and take away the breakfast. it wasn't really and upgrade when I could book the studio for that rate anytime. I called the hotel to clarify issue on upgrades so I took the studio and was glad because the view was great. I lost out on extra members points by booking direct though. Studio Room was very nice but our disappointment was when we first arrived in the room the phone rang and the cordless receiver didn't work so we missed who ever was trying to contact us. I called down to front desk through speaker phone and the front desk gentleman said they would send another receiver up. It never showed up at all. I rate the service poor because no one came to us. The next disappointment was when my wife went to use the stand in shower the next morning and discovered a very large split in the middle of the plastic shower floor. About 10 inches long and when you stood on the crack you sank into the split. She was groused out and decided to pass on showering. We would have asked for another room had we discovered that the night we arrived and not the next morning. If you are offered room 338 make sure you check the shower floor. I rate the that room poor because of this issue. Overall happy with our stay but couple of issues spoiled the stay. Breakfast in the restaurant was excellent.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the room over as soon as you arrive so there are no surprises. Rm 338 needs a ne...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Richard K,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

I will attempt to answer to each item below:

Room Upgrade

Business Class are type of room that is more about the amenities that are associated with it rather than the placement of the room or the view, hence the difference in rate between the Business Class and Studio. I am sorry that you did miss out on the complimentary breakfast included with business class, but I am happy to read that you still made your way up and enjoyed your experience in The Watermark!

Telephone

More than likely the call was from us asking how everything was with the room.....infact I do note the call as logged so please rest assured that you did not miss an important call.

This was a total miss on our part and for that I am truly sorry. I appreciate this feedback as it is the only way for us to improve moving forward. However infrequent this miss is, it is never acceptable. I will investigate further to determine why no replacement was installed and why there was no follow up with you.

Shower basin room 338

Thank you for this feedback. Always know that we are here to try and make things right. In the future if a problem like this does arise please let the staff, no matter where you are staying, know of the issue right away. We/they will attempt to make alternate arrangements for things such as showering.....We all appreciate the heads up on this issue and will ensure that this is repaired in due course.....

Richard K, thank you again for taking the time to compose this review and provide us with such outstanding feedback. Know that we will work to have these issues resolved and our processes refined to ensure this does not happen again moving forward.

I trust you enjoyed your first Leafs experience, the eventual outcome and that you will consider us again in the future. Should you wish to continue the dialogue with regards to the aforementioned please contact me at greg@radissonadmiral.com

Thank you again!

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed December 15, 2013

A cool boutique type hotel Some construction going on inside but was no bother > the room was large and king bed with large comforters . Super clean and an awesome shower / bath room . My room had harbour view with a telescope Cool LOts of pubs and restaurants real close .C N tower a 10 minute walk I found the staff friendly and there is a small Starbucks in the lobby. I got coffee and went to the waterfront A 30 second walk . I like contemporary rooms and this was perfect . Im going back

Room Tip: Ask for harbour view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ken R,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel.

Quite simply we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and are appreciative of the recognition and kind words. We look forward to having you back whenever you are in town next!

Ken R, thank you again for your time and for sharing with the world!

Parry Sound, Canada
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Hotel was pretty easy to get to, despite construction on Queens Quay, thanks to the heads-up on the hotel website. Check in was fast and easy, and nice to have underground parking (at a price - but standard for Toronto). Room was clean and modern and comfortable with nice view of Harbourfront area. Only a short walk to MTCC for our seminar. Restaurant was nice and our meal was outstanding, as well as the service at the bar (Thanks, Scott!). Room was surprisingly quiet for being in the city - I loved that.
Thanks for a great stay - will definitely consider this Radisson again if I have to stay in Toronto.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jackadoo
Jackadoo,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us. On a personal note I would like to thank you for bringing attention to the directional notice on the first page of our website. It is something that can be overlooked however in the interest of full disclosure we want to make sure that everyone is getting the correct information....thanks again!

The Watermark restaurant is definitely a hidden gem along our city's Harbourfront. I know that they work very hard to continually out due themselves with each and every meal....Scott will appreciate the recognition...thank you!

Jackadoo; thank you again for taking the time out to compose and post this review. We are looking forward to coming under consideration again in the very near future!

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed December 11, 2013

After three weeks on Cubas rock hard mattresses under a sheet, it was heaven to sink into the huge double beds with big pillows at Radisson - could hardly leave the bed in the mornings! Very friendly and helpful staff, great location by the lake and a few minutes walk to the CN Tower. The spacious room had almost all the amenities we had missed in Cuba, like a coffee machine, free wifi and a hairdryer. Missed a fridge or minibar, though. There was obviously a gym right above our rooms ceiling, and the hotel also has a roof pool - which we didn't attempt to try out in -7C !
Liked Toronto so much that we hope to return at some point when it is warmer, and will not hestitate to choose this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Moffedillen,

Thank you for taking the time to compose and share a review of our hotel.

We are appreciative of the kind words and thank you for acknowledging our employees and location. I promise that it does get warmer but then that week passes and its right back to -7C...Of course I am kidding and would encourage you to return and enjoy our outdoor pool and Splash pool patio during the summer months.

Moffedillen, again I want to thank you for the time taken to compose and post a review. We sincerely hope to see you back with us very soon!

Ottawa
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at your hotel in November for a weekend getaway. We were thoroughly impressed with our experience. Let's start with the lobby. It is not huge but it is welcoming and the front desk staff greet you as they come in. Check-in was smooth and easy. I was delighted to see a Starbucks in the lobby too....so convenient. We loved our room which had a view of the harbour. The room was exceptional. Modern with maple hardwood floors and a luxurious king sized bed. The room was so comfortable and didn't feel like a "hotel room" as it was more of a "boutique style room". The bathroom had a walk-in shower in place of a bath tub which we preferred. We had a wonderful breakfast buffet at the Watermark Hotel with all the hot and cold items one could want including plenty of fresh fruit. The location of the hotel is great....walking distance to many amenities including the "entertainment-district" where we were going. It was a pleasant stroll along the harbour too! We will definitely be back again and will recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
pexter,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel and sharing it with the world!

Our recently renovated lobby is truly unique. Bright, welcoming and a Starbucks, what more could you want as a first impression!....thank you for acknowledging this. We were also glad to learn that you enjoyed one of our newly renovated rooms.....soon to be all of the rooms in the hotel. We are quite proud of the outcome and are glad that you shared your feedback with the world!

Location, location, location....we have it and are glad that you enjoyed this aspect of your experience, it sounds as though you took thorough advantage!

Finally I want to thank you for mentioning your breakfast experience. The Watermark does put forward an excellent spread in the morning at a price that is hard to find when matched with the quality of the items presented. I know they work tirelessly to continue to improve the experience and hopefully, upon your next visit, you will have the opportunity to join us for dinner as well!

pexter once again I want to thank you for your time and for your generous feedback. We look forward to welcoming you and all that you recommend us to in the very near future!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed for a week-end get away with my children. The room has a view of the lake which my two younger children enjoyed. My eldest enjoyed the Starbucks by the lobby....:)The room is very clean and cozy, the floors are hard wood, instead of carpet which I like. Walking distance from CN Tower, Rogers Centre, Ripley's Aquarium and Union Station. They skated by Harbour front as well. Would definitely stay here again, hopefully when construction is done.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shierly I
Shierly l,

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of our hotel.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your weekend escape with us and are already anticipating the next great escape!

A note about the construction, we, as you can imagine, cannot wait for it to be complete as well. Once finished the area will have been transformed into a true destination! In the mean time thank you for referring to the accessibility of our location during the course of the roadwork....

Shierly l, thank you again for the time taken to compose and share this review.