“Friendly Staff, average hotel”

Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville
Ranked #74 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Hamilton, Canada
“Friendly Staff, average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

Stayed at the Holiday Inn--Toronto (Midtown) for one night, and it was an average stay.
Staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, the room was average (what I expected), but clean. Bed was very comfortable.
Fast check in and check out, reasonable parking rates.
Location was great, close to many restaurants and the subway.

Overall, a decent stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 0245566789
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Thank you for posting to tripadvisor, we appreciate what all of our guests have to say. I am glad that our staff stood out to you, and that you enjoyed our location. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Korean first
rochester,ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

My family, which includes two teenagers, stayed here recently on a Friday night. I was concerned about other posts which talked about noise due to the fact that the hotel is located next to U of T. There was no problem at all with noise, even though I did see what appeared to be college age students at the hotel. The location of the HI is perfect if you are coming to Toronto to do some museum hopping, as we were. It is directly across from the Bata, and I short walk to the ROM. The subway line that takes you down to the entertainment district is right around the cornor. The staff was friendly and helpful when we asked for information about the neighborhood. It's a great location to walk around in and even though it was a bitterly cold night we did not have to walk far to find several interest ethnic restaurants to choose from to eat. The problem that other posters have mentioned about the internet speed must have been worked on. My kids had their laptop with them and used the free internet in the room. They said the speed was fine. The only problem we had with the hotel was the size of the bed for my sons to share. I don't know if there was an option to get two queen size beds, but the double bed was too small for my two big guys.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank lukesmom
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, December 21, 2010
We at the Holiday Inn would like to thank you for taking the time to post a comment on trip advisor. We welcome all forms of comments or concerns guests have to offer, this is a primary way of knowing how to better serve our guests. I am very pleased that you were able to take advantage of all the great things Toronto has to offer. We are fortunate to be in such an ideal location for our guests to enjoy the city. Unfortunately we do not have rooms with two queen size beds; we are limited to just two double beds. It is something that has come up before, and maybe something we can implement in the near future. It is vital to our operation to know what we can improve on. On behalf of the management and staff at the Holiday Inn Bloor Yorkville, thank you for your comments.
Picton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

My son and I stayed here because we had to settle him in to his co-op work term at Mt. Sinai Hospital. I had a Honda Ridgeline which was easy to park in the underground garage. i don't remember the price but there were in and out privileges for 24 hours. The room had two double beds...very comfortable... The bathroom was dated but fine ! The staff were exceptional. .....very helpful and genuinely friendly !

The location is great ! ...very short walk to subway, buses, a multitude of restaurants, museums, and trendy areas . The one problem we had was that there was a group of party-goers in the alley below our window, probably students...first year ! ( I prefer an open window to an air conditioner) They persisted in partying most of the night. They were loud, vulgar, and so annoying that even my party-loving son was annoyed. He closed the window but the noise went on until close to 5 am. We should have called the front desk but we didn't.... too exhausted..or lazy .... you know ....next time we will.

I would, however, definitely stay here again and would recommend it to my friends as a clean, casual, hotel. Just don't stay on the west side during Frosh week.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Singenue
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
We at the Holiday Inn Bloor Yorkville would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor. It is always great to find out when a guest has enjoyed their stay with us. I apologize for the partiers outside your window; I assure you if the front desk was aware of the situation it would have been taken care of immediately. We appreciate your business and the kind recommendation you have left. Should you travel to Toronto again please consider us when looking for accommodations, thank you.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

I was visiting from Calgary with three teenage daughters with the purpose to tour UofT and shop. I chose this hotel for its very close location of university and downtown shopping. it is not fance (i.e. no concierge or taxi stand) but overall, it exceeded my expectations ..... it was extremely clean and the beds were excellent. The room was a little small for 4 of us but we were out most of the time. The first night we arrived very late and got the last double room. It was an inferior location just about the garbage bins but I requested to move to a higher floor with a view and the front desk staff was very willing to help. The parking was convenient and again good value. I woud recommend this hotel for travellers looking for good value and superb location near the university. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Toronto5533
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, November 11, 2010
First and foremost I would like to thank you very much for the review and recommendation. We at the Holiday Inn are very committed to guest satisfaction, and I am pleased that we were able to correct your original room issue. I hope you enjoyed your time in the city, and hope that you choose us in the future should you travel to Toronto again.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

I liked this hotel. Gym was smallish - but about typical for a hotel gym. I went running in the neighbourhood around the hotel, which was nice and scenic. The staff were friendly and courteous, rooms clean, modern and spacious for a downtown hotel. Price was reasonable (but I had a corporate rate). Very close to the university of toronto, lots of restaurants and pubs, and also close to public transit and the yorkville shopping area. All in all, a winner.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Nat B
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review here on trip advisor. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and took advantage of our local area. We are very fortunate to be in such a beautiful lively area of Toronto. Unfortunately our gym here at the hotel is fairly basic due to space restrictions. But we do offer complimentary passes to Jewish Community Centre down the street from us, which has a full service gym, and a pool for guest use. This information is in the guest books located in every room. I hope that on your next trip to Toronto you consider using us again for your lodging needs.
Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2010

For those of us that need a good internet connection when we travel, this was a bit of a disappointment. I have access to a Bell Turbo stick, but like to use the hotel internet when available. Using two different speed tests (CNET, DLSreports) I can get 1.8 to 2.0 times faster connection with the Bell Turbo stick than with the in-room wired connection.

The hotel is convenient and not too expensive. $22/night for parking is a bit high, but its good til the next evening, apparently.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
We at the Holiday Inn Bloor-Yorkville would like to thank you for your review. It is very important for us to know where we need improvement so that we can meet our guest’s expectations. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of the slow internet; I know how important the wireless internet is to our business traveler. This is an issue we are working to get resolved. We have recently updated our business center by replacing our old computers with brand new ones, and have updated the internet connection. We are still working on the rest of the building, and will see improvement very soon. I am very please that you enjoyed our convenient location. I hope the next time you travel to Toronto you will choose to stay with us again, and hopefully we will meet all of your expectations.
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

We stayed at this hotel from Sept.3-7. We chose it because we were helping our son move into residence at University of Toronto and the hotel is right on the edge of the campus. Also we got a great price through Expedia.
Our problem with the hotel was that three out of the four nights we spent there we had very little sleep. Unfortunately being so close to U of T and being inexpensive the hotel caters to University students. We were awakened at 3 AM every night by rowdy partiers on our floor. I had to call the front desk repeatedly to deal with the. Each day I was told that the offenders were gone but the next night we'd have the same problem, so either they were lying to us or more rowdies were checking in each day.
We would never stay there again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank fishr
RobertPatterson99, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
First and foremost I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. As a Holiday Inn we pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and strive to improve on all levels through our guest feedback. I would also like to apologize for the unfortunate event, as I know how important a good nights rest is.
I would like to assure you that this kind of behaviour is not common at our hotel. We are located very close to the university, but we cater more to guest Professors and speakers of the university than we do the students. Unfortunately this was the last weekend before school, and many students were moving into their new homes. That of course does not condone this kind of situation, but we did have more students here than normal. I do wish that we could have done more to correct this situation while you were still in the hotel, so that we could have lived up to your expectations.
With your feedback we will work to create a more effective solution to this kind of problem, so that things like this will not happen again. We would like to take this opportunity to, again, thank you for your very important feedback. On behalf of all the staff here I apologize for this inconvenience.
I do hope that next time you travel to Toronto, you give us a second chance to prove that we are committed to your overall satisfaction.

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels