“Great location. Great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville
Ranked #74 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Houston, Texas, United States
“Great location. Great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I became a member of the Holiday Inn point system due to the superb service at the Holiday Inn Express in Brooklyn. So when staying in Toronto for a week over Christmas, I chose the Holiday Inn on Bloor. Like in Brooklyn, the staff was incredible and over the top kind from helping to coordinate the return of my delayed luggage, to assisting with a late night run to a pharmacy due to a startling break out of hives on my face, to managing an unexpected influx of local, elderly guests due to the ice storm which caused widespread power outages throughout the city. The location is good especially if you want to be walking distance to University of Toronto and several of Toronto's excellent museums. Close access to street car lines/subways as well. I will continue to choose the Holiday Inn for their service.

Room Tip: View is lovely from the top floors opposite Bloor. You can see across the city to Casa Loma.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mamia77005
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Mammia77005,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as other Holiday Inn's. Our staff work hard to ensure that each guest has a comfortable stay and it is always great to hear from our guests. We appreciate that you have become an IHG loyalty rewards program member and for your continuing support.

Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Korean first
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

I've stayed at various locations around downtown Toronto and enjoyed this location the best. It's far enough away from the craziness of the Eaton's Centre but has a lot of shopping within walking distance. Beautiful Yorkville is just seconds away with great restaurants and cute little shops - makes me feel like I'm in Europe! The staff was courteous, helpful and very professional. The hotel itself was clean and neat - what more can you ask for? Even though our room was right next to the elevator, we were never bothered by it once - I can't say the same for other hotels I've been at in the same situation. Having the Fox and the Firkin attached to the hotel was nice for some late night bevies and karaoke (if you're into that stuff). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 13travel_bug
Dear 13_TravelBug,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very lucky to be in such a great location, and it is great that you were able to take advantage of everything around us. Thank you for mentioning the great service you had while staying here, it is always great to hear that our staff is doing a good job. We will be more than happy to accommodate you on your next visit.
Thunder Bay, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

If you're looking for reasonable and affordable accommodation in the central area, look no further. We booked in at $129 and free parking - heck of a deal for this location - on a Christmas special rate. Check in was excellent in the late afternoon with no issues at all. Rooms were spacious and well laid out. Amenities appropriate. Could not get the room cool enough to be comfortable during the night (I expect their summer heat system was locked in) but the window opens a bit and that helped. Restaurant is in the hotel so that was a nice plus too - excellent selection and price on both breakfast and dinner, food very tasty. Comp newspaper was a nice touch. Pillows excellent and bed quite comfy. I do not hesitate to recommend this solid three star property. Check out was accurate and quick though the front desk guy was clearly reluctant to call me a taxi, trying valiantly to get me to take their car (or perhaps its an outside car service) - an old scam that should be stopped. In the end (when I said I'd go out on the street and flag a cab if he didn't want to call me one) he acquiesced and got me a cab. All's well!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Late-Day-Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the price was right. I am a little upset to hear about your experience during check out, we are here to serve our guests and to provide you with whatever service you require. I would love to hear from you directly in order to investigate into this problem further. If you have a chance please email us at cn312@whg.com so that we may get further details.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit!
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

Previous reviews had described this hotel as functional,more than stylish. After my recent stay, I agree. This ihotel offers the basics.But, it delivers that with excelelnt service, a great value and an excellent location. The rooms are very comfortable,though. I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
holidayinnbloor, Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Bloor Yorkville, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Andrew P,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Very convenient location near University of Toronto, museums, shopping and subway. Excellent parking at reasonable price. Many university athletic teams use this hotel, but noise was not a problem. A functional, not stylish choice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Capegirardeau,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do host a lot of the University teams and visitors, it is great to hear that they are well behaved. Thank you for posting a review and we look forward to your next visit!
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Staffs were very helpful and pleasant.Location was perfect for my wife but not for my wallet.LOL All expensive boutique neaby of the hotel.Gym was fine and the restaurant attach to the hotel was ok (Pub style). Parking available on site $22. TV Channel were good, small fridge, coffee pot and good size desk for my computer. Slept well and I'll go again.

2 Thank Frenchy692013
Dear Frenchy692013,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The boutiques down the street are great to have, but I agree they can definitely do a number to your wallet. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed here for about the 5th time this year on business, but have stayed in the past on leisure as well. I highly recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues. They always have my IHG rewards package at the desk ready for me. The subway is located right beside the hotel which makes getting around the city painless.
The on site pub is always fast and reliable for food and drinks and is a great place to get out of your room for a little bit.
I'll be back again!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
Dear 133seasonedtraveller,

Thank you for posting a review and for choosing our hotel when you have to visit the city. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your many stays with us, and we are more than happy to welcome you back again.