“Excellent hotel stay”

Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown
Ranked #69 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I checked into the Holiday Inn Express for 2 nights as I was going into a close by hospital for an operation. The hotel staff were excellent to deal with and even lowered our (already low) rate at reception for a hospital rate. The room was perfect with updates to both the bedroom and bathroom. My wife enjoyed the free hot breakfast, newspapers and wifi. Highly recommended hotel.

Room Tip: Close to town for shopping etc. but far enough away to be quiet at night
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. The best compliment that we can possible receive is that our guests can say that they would recommend us to other travelers. Thank you again for this. I have passed a your comments to my staff. Amazing customer service is what all of our staff strive to give to each and everyone of our guests and we hear so many great comments about the things that they have done, but we never get tired of hearing more.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write and tell us about your stay with us and we look forward to seeing again when you get the chance to visit our fair city.
Tariq Azad

Write a ReviewReviews (1,324)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I am very satisfied with the service I received. Everything was perfec. Free newspaper in the morning. TThe breakfast is very substantial and will satisfy every test.

I strongly recommend this Hotel.

Donna K

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donna K

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review regarding the experiences you've had during your stay. We are glad you were able to enjoy all our hotel has to offer. We would be honored to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I'm in Toronto every year for a conference and until now I've been staying at the Hyatt Regency. But the budget is tight so this time I opted for a cheaper hotel. The Holiday Inn Express had a great room rate and is just off Queen Street (1 block from St. James Cathedral) so the street car is handy and it's within walking distance of everywhere I wanted to go. The room was clean, comfortable bed, and the free daily breakfast was very good. I'll stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kiwihugger
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown. It is a proud moment for us when a guest writes a great review and even better when they can end the review with a comment like “I would stay there again”. Our location is great and close to much of what Toronto has to offer and close enough to the transit system to be able to get you anywhere without the stress of city driving. Complimentary Breakfast, Internet and newspapers is one of the ways to say thank you for choosing us. Thank you once again and we hope to be able to host your next visit to our fair city.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is pretty basic. The room I stayed in on the 12th floor was clean, but lacking any luxury. The room was just one main room with a bathroom. It felt dormitory-like.

The room needed a TV upgrade. A 27" tube TV doesn't cut it any more. The wireless connection was solid and reliable.

The shower never lacked for hot water, either in the evening or in the morning peak period.

The heating was adjustable, though I did have a time figuring out how to get it started. There was a trip switch on the plug which I had to trip back on.

I like to keep the heating unit's fan on to cull any background noise. That said, I don't think I would have heard anything without the fan either.

Really would have liked a bar fridge. When I'm in a place for a couple of days, I like to get some pop or juice to keep around. Fail.

The free breakfast was ***excellent*** for this level of hotel. Well-stocked at all times, even during peak times. Good selection of hot and cold items.

Would I come back? Yes, but only on business by myself.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jamie C
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking th time to review the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown Hotel. We appreciate the time and effort in sharing your experiences because our focus is on the guest and providing the best experience. Thank you for your constructive comments.Your comments help us increase our learning and give us the opportunity to review our standards and levels of service. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again i the near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights from 6 Jan. Its in a convenient location. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the breakfast for an express hotel. Bed & room comfortable and clean. It looked a little tired in places. Wireless connectivity was good. I would use this hotel again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you taking the time to write such a nice review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown.
It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are pleased with their accommodation while staying with us. Our location is truly a gem as we are within walking distance to much of what Toronto has to offer and close enough to our city’s public transportation system to get you any where without the stress of driving.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for any of your future visits to our great city.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We arrived with 3 big luggages and 3 small suitcases and it was complicated keeping the doors opened and entering with the luggage. The front desk staff saw our difficulty but didn't make any effort to help us.
The room is outdated and pillows totally unconfortable. TV is small and the room doesn't have a frigobar.
Hotel has 3 ice machines but on New Years eve two machines were broken and the last one didn't have enough ice for everybody (the hotel was full).
Breakfast has several options but the staff responsible for replacing the items was rude and not helpful.
The hotel neighborhood has a lot of homeless people and doesn't seem to be totally safe.
Free wifi.
Next time I prefer to spend more money and stay in a better hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andre_Brasil
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review regarding the experiences during your recent stay. Your comments and scores are one of the best tools we have for maintaining the highest level of comfort and service that our guest expect and deserve. We value and appreciate your honest and constructive feedback.

We want our guests to have the best experience possible where everything exceeds
their expectations. I am sorry if that was not the case during your visit. You can be
confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here during Grey Cup November 21-27. Overall the room was clean, the bed was comfortable and we easily walked to Eaton Centre and the CN Tower area. It was quiet and the room was spacious enough for our needs with a queen bed and a pull out sofa bed desk and chair. We only had breakfast our last morning there but it was a decent assortment of yogurt and pastries and some hot items. I found the orange juice really good - seemed to be from concentrate but not watered down.

I would stay here again if I needed to be in the downtown toronto area. The only downside is that there were not enough variety of restaurants close by which was a hindrance when we spent a lot of time in the hotel itself.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
TARIQ A, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for the great review of the Holiday Inn Express Toronto Downtown . It is a proud moment for us when a guest writes a great review and even better when they can end the review with a comment like “I would stay there again”.