“stuffy”

Ranked #19 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
westchester county, ny
“stuffy”
Reviewed August 30, 2006

Last year my daughter and I stayed at the Park Hyatt in Chicago - the hotel was amazing...beautiful rooms with style and class - and the latest in technology. So we figured why not try the same hotel in Toronto.....not even close. The rooms were boring...walls basically baren; bed was very comfortable and bathroom was huge but nothing special. The lobby is also very business-like. Althought there is free internet connection in the room, if you need to check your emails, be prepared to pay $1/minute in the business center. We only ate in the restaurant for breakfast..food and service were impecable. Conceirge staff in very helpful and eager to please. It was just o.k....nothing special and at $380/night....I would have liked something a bit more memorable.

• Liked — bed
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank dh24yaya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Korean first
Westchester, NY
Reviewed August 18, 2006

My husband, 7 year-old son, and I just returned from 3 nights at the Park Hyatt. The hotel is what you would generally expect from a Ritz or Four Seasons class hotel (it is not an ordinary Hyatt). If you are going to Toronto on business or to shop, this is perfect place. If you are going to do all of the touristy things, expect to take a lot of cabs or drive a lot, as it is about a $10 cab ride to the harborfront, CN tower, etc.
We stayed in the North Tower, which is newer than the South Tower, but it does not have as good a view of the city. The room was really comfortably-sized. The bathroom was full of marble and granite, and it was well-laid out. The bed was exceptionally comfortable, with soft linens and fluffy pillows--I had some of my best nights' sleep on the road. The towels were also thick and oversized.
The concierge was helpful in making reservations and giving us information, and the restaurant was good for breakfast.

5 Thank KCS728
St. Louis
Reviewed August 15, 2006

This is a very lovely hotel well located in Yorkville. The staff and service is excellent and the rooms are very comfortable and clean as you would expect. Our room was very pricey because we booked last minute during a city wide conference with very few rooms available anywhere in the city. My kids loved the homemade cookies and milk before bed. I am hard to please and would definitely return.

4 Thank hotelio
Durham, England
Reviewed June 5, 2006

Stayed in a King room on the 6th floor overlooking Avenue Road.

Standard of furniture and cleanliness are outstanding, a little road noise from the adjacent road but that is more a reflection on the motorbikes that have been past rather than inadequate insulation.

No coffee making facilities in the room or nearby ice machine but the nightly turn down service offers free bottled water and the maid provides a bucket of ice.

Yet to try Mortons Steakhouse or Annonas restaurants, but they do look nice from the outside !

We can recommend Gabby's bar around the corner on Bloor Street West (there is also a nearby coffee shop, 24 hour McDonalds and Pizza Hut if they take your fancy).

$9 for an egg at Annonas is mega expensive but we have been going to the Whole Foods Market cafe just up the road and had amazing breakfasts for a fraction of the cost (very healthy they are too).

Free internet access is provided if you bring your laptop.

Beds are extremely comfortable, loads of pillows and provide a great nights sleep with no noise from adjacent rooms.

Overall I would say 9 out of 10.

• Stayed June 2006
11 Thank leehal
New York
Reviewed May 26, 2006

When I heard that my company was holding our meeting at the Park HYATT, I was a bit worried. I've stayed at some Hyatt properties and was always underwhelmed. This hotel was a complete surprise...definitely one of the best places I've stayed. We stayed here and held our meeting here.

My room was on the top floor of the north tower, suite 1537. A huge room, with a sofa and two chairs. Two bath robes, a desk, a big - albeit Vegas-like bathroom. Extremely comfortable King size bed, big closet and free internet. The only thing missing was an in-room coffee maker.

I ordered room service the first night. Had the blue nose sea bass with a green salad to start and it was delicious.

This is also a good place to have a small meeting. We were in the Granite Room - it seated 10, and had no windows. When we arrived, the Executive Housekeeper gave us all his cards and told us to call him if we needed anything. The only caveat was the lack of housekeeping in the meeting room. We were in the room from 8 am until 6 pm and housekeeping did not come to clean or replenish the ice.

The rooftop bar is amazing. One of the best views of Toronto I've ever seen. If you stay here, make sure to have a drink on the rooftop bar.

The airconditioning broke in my room and when I called to inform them, someone was up within 5 minutes. I was told that the compressor broke. WIthin another 5 minutes a bellhop was there to escort me to my new room. At first they gave me a room that was a bit smaller than my original one and I expressed dissatisfaction. I was then moved to the exact same room I had, but a few floors down.

Even with the small issues, this was a very comfortable room. Good, central location a few feet from Bloor Street, and I found the service to be exceptional.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
13 Thank sheraprincessofpowa
Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2006

Originally booked into Metropolitan but checked out after first night due to problems with the poor standard of the room & a cold breakfast. The Hyatt was great in every aspect, great rooms, great staff & excellent food. Concierge staff very good

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
8 Thank pduxb24138
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 15, 2006

I liked the hotel very much. Superior to many other Hyatt properties. I was surprised, though, when I was charged $50 for checking out a day earlier than I had planned. Makes a certain amount of sense, but I've never run into that anywhere else. If you travel frequently for business as I do and your itinerary can chage from day to day, you might want to stay across the street at the Four Seasons and avoid the extra charge.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business