“top class hotel north of downown Toronto”
Review of Park Hyatt Toronto

Park Hyatt Toronto
Ranked #19 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“top class hotel north of downown Toronto”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

This is a 5 star city Hotel with good sized rooms and modern facilities. The only downside is it's not centrally located being north of downtown Toronto and is c.$15 taxi ride to the city centre. The bar are is worth a visit for the city view but it's pricey and gets crowded.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Korean first
Reviewed August 30, 2014

As the name and price tell us, this is an expensive hotel. However, the front desk agent, Tony Valoroso, left me a deep impression when he said that he would like the guest enjoying the best service with the possible lowest rate. As a matter of fact, he indeed put an extra effort to help me clear up a confusion in my bill during the check-out process after a very satisfying one week stay. Mr. Valoroso reflects a valuable principle for business success.

The hotel has excellent location, services, and facilities. I had a good time there. However my stay would have been happier if anyone in the hotel had told me the super nice fitness facility, including free sauna.

Room Tip: Don't forget to try the sauna room there!
2 Thank Yali L
Chevy Chase Maryland
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Reservations: easily made on line using TripAdvisor.
Check-in: rapid, efficient, and friendly.
Room: large, modern, great beds, high quality linens, Ok towels, fabulous bath products, flat screen TV, expresso maker, very clean, high quality furniture, very quiet.
Parking: expensive but responsive.
Location: close to great shopping, restaurants, Starbucks, and the University of Toronto.
Check-out: fast, efficient, and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up, facing downtown. The views are awesome.
NYC
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

I visited Toronto with my girlfriends from August 1-3rd to attend the Caribana parade..Even though the hotel is not close to Lakeside Blvd(location of the parade), we caught the train which is only 2 blocks. The hotel is beautiful and located in the middle of everything. We were in walking distance to many restaurants and shops etc.  The hotel staff was amazing. Everyone was polite, helpful, & resourceful. Immediately after we checked in, the concierge made a reservation for us to go sightseeing on the double decker bus, which also includes a boat tour. ( I highly recommend this hop on/off tour around the city!) The bus stop was also right in front of the hotel which is an added bonus. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Okay, I don't ordinarily gush. And maybe it's because last weekend I stayed in the world's blandest Westin hotel. Years ago I stayed at the Park Hyatt (before it was remodeled), and let's just say I was not exactly excited about my quickie one night trip to Toronto. My first impression was the gigantic smile and cold bottle of water that one of the porters offered me. My next impression was the utter warmth of the front desk guy. But here's the good part... He gave me my key and I dragged my tired self up to my room. Opened the door, and there it was: the world's happiest pink hotel room. Lovely dark wood floors, a gorgeous seating area done in shades of rose and pink, and a king sized, fluffy pink and white bed. Wall treatments varied from a lipstick pink entry to a pale pink and white striped bed area. Accessories were equally impressive: lots of vases, a quirky stool, and lovely Venetian mirrors. I giggled with delight and took pictures. Way to cheer up a business trip! When I checked out, I discovered that I'd been put in the Breast Cancer Awareness room (1031), and that there was also a blue Prostate Cancer Awareness room. I have no idea what the rest of the hotel rooms look like, but this was a knockout. As was the service. A total joy.

Room Tip: Bed borrow and steal to get 1031. Or the Prostate Cancer Awareness room, which I'm sure is the...
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We had four nights at the Park Hyatt and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our Deluxe room was very well fitted and spacious, the bed was comfortable and the view over a residential road meant that we had little traffic noise. Except for rather grumpy in room service, the staff was very helpful and friendly.
The restaurant is excellent and unusually for North America, it has low cholesterol and gluten free breakfast options.
Our only criticism of the Hyatts is that the air conditioning in the public rooms is so cold.

Room Tip: Our room 623 was on the quiet side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, Mo
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We chose this hotel based on the reviews we read about the experience of others. They were spot on. The location is great for sightseeing in Toronto. We were right on a stop of the Sightseeing Toronto Hop On/Hop Off bus (highly recommended) and the subway. The check-in process was fine and as expected, we had a room that was tired and in need of an update. I am not a fan of "old world elegance" and this room could be described that way, with furniture and appointments from times past. Still, it was clean and the bed was comfortable.

We had breakfast twice in the hotel restaurant and although we expected prices on the high side, here is what to expect...eggs benedict with a small bowl of berries and a glass of orange juice plus an egg white omelet with a cup of coffee (nothing accompanied it) for $60 with tax and tip. We moved our breakfast business across the street to Starbucks and had a similar breakfast for $22, except for our last day when we were in a hurry and had to return to the overly priced breakfast.

The highlight of the hotel is the concierge service. They are on duty virtually all day and night and they are great. Never a line to wait in and their advice was invaluable. Shane was the most helpful of all. Another highlight is the rooftop bar. The view of the city is excellent and the drinks, while also expensive, are well prepared.

But just as the other reviews mentioned, housekeeping is lacking. We had turn down service two of the four nights we were there. It was not because we had the privacy tag on our door, as we made a point of not using it to see if they would come by even if we were in the room around dinner time. Twice they did and twice they didn't. And, by chance, a candy wrapper was left on a table that is adjacent to the elevator on our floor. That wrapper sat there for more than two full days before it was removed. Since we read other reviews that describe the exact same problems and since we have seen hotel management respond to those comments on Trip Advisor, this tells us they just must not care. They know about it and do nothing to improve it.

We would return to this hotel if we return to Toronto, but we would also consider other nearby hotels we found during this visit.

Room Tip: Since we were in the older tower and the smaller tower and our room was in need of a makeover, I rec...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple