“Websight showed a pool has none”
Review of Park Hyatt Toronto

Ranked #22 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Called ahead to book 2 adults and three kids over the phone they said 2 double beds and a separate living room with pullout couch should accommodate all...
When I arrived they gave us 5 family members a queen size bed explaining they don't have rooms with 2 double beds????

• Stayed: April 2014
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Please accept my apologies for a less than seamless experience during your recent stay. I am saddened to read that no one mentioned that the pool on our website is our Stillwater (Spa) Aqua Therapy pool and not intended for swimming. I personally can imagine the disappointment your children felt.

We strive to accommodate guestroom preferences or assign comparable and comfortable accommodations. What was described in your review concerns me and I would like to connect with you so as to look into this further on our end. When your schedule allows, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Once again, please accept my apologies and I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This is my second visit to the hotel.

Everything was fine, except for a spot at the gym.

This time, I arrived in the morning and then took my time to get out of the airport to ensure I checked in past noon. No problems there.

My room had bedroom slippers, which was a refreshing presence in North America.

Toiletries were good and the room had a note pointing out that I could ask for other stuff like a comb if I wanted to. No need there.

The room was comfortable. Wifi was fine. The Annona was great for a brunch. I had dinner there later and waitstaff both times were wonderful. Sufficiently attentive but willing to back off when they sensed you felt you had enough attention.

The package I had did not include breakfast but no problem too. There is a Starbucks across the road. And there was an Illy coffee-pod machine with four pods. This is the best-tasting coffee-pod machine out there and had it been there last year I would have raved about it. Two regular coffee and two decaffs (in green). The instructions also recommended using water from the complimentary bottles, which meant really good coffee.

My biggest "eek" moment was the gym. I was up at 5 am and went for a workout at 5.30 am when the gym opened. The cleaning lady came in around 6 am with some equipment and a white bucket to tidy up and clean the place. After tying up the plastic bag that held the trash, I thought she would put it into the white bucket. No. She emptied out the water from the ice-water container into the white bucket she had brought in. Then, she went to get ice in the container. And then she filled the water from the bucket back into the ice-water container. I never drank water from that container after that.

The Chinese do that with some sauces. Some cooks put the sauce from the wok back into a bottle and then pour it out for another meal. It's theoretically possible to have sauce that is decades old. But then the sauce is cooked over high heat. Here, it's water that's been left overnight.

The gym had won an award for interior decor in 2003. If that same procedure had been applied to the water from then, it's possible to drink 10-year-old water. Eek.

Otherwise, everything was fine.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your stay with us. Your experiences perturbed me just as much as they were an “eek” for you. Please know that this is not a reflection of our standards as sanitation and the safety of our guests remains of the utmost importance to us.

There is absolutely no excuse for this and I am investigating this further on our end in an effort to ensure that our responsible team member is spoken with. If there are any additional details you would like to share, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Once again, thank you for sharing this with us and I look forward to speaking with you further.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We unexpectedly found ourselves back in Toronto to do a University of Toronto campus tour for our son. We immediately booked ourselves at the Park Hyatt, one because it's an easy walk to the St. George campus, but also because of how much we enjoyed our previous stay.

We weren't disappointed by returning to this property. As in our first visit last Spring, the entire staff made us feel welcome and comfortable, though we weren't quite as dependent for assistance this time around. However when we did require help we received excellent service. The bellmen, front desk, cleaning staff, hotel driver and especially the concierge desk all helped make our stay a memorable one.

Our deluxe double room was spacious and comfortable, with all the amenities we required. The evening turn down service is a very nice touch as was the free wifi connection. My wife commented how much she loves staying at this hotel.

Besides the UT campus tour, we visited the Royal Ontario Museum to see the fabulous Forbidden City exhibit of Imperial China. We walked through Chinatown and Kensington Market, as well as the upscale Yorkville district and visited Eaton Centre.

There were so many great restaurants in the immediate area too, Dimmi for Italian, the Duke of York pub, Crown Princess for sumptuous dim sum, Jacques Bistro du Parc which is a great neighborhood bistro, Over Easy for breakfast and Second Cup for coffee.

The Park Hyatt remains our hotel of choice when visiting Toronto and I highly recommend it to fellow travelers when staying in the Yorkville district.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Let me start this off by saying I am a multi-year Diamond Member with Hyatt so I prefer their properties. I can't stay here again (3rd time now) and the Internet is horrible. Each time I have called and the provider's tech has said, "There are too many people using the Internet". What kind of answer is this? Doesn't a hotel want people a lot of people there? Seems counter-intuitive to me.

The net/net is I want a quiet, clean, and hi-speed hotel (in that order).

If you don't need to do work and be on the Internet, this is a fine place. If you do, you might want to venture to another property.

Dear Diamond Member,

Thank you for your continued support of our brand and for selecting Hyatt properties as your hotel choice.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced and the manner in which your concerns were handled with the company that provides IT support. I have saved your feedback and will be sharing it with our managing team as this does not reflect the way we communicate with our guests.

Once again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and my hope is that this experience does not affect your support of the Hyatt brand.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Very nice hotel. It's a nice buiding, very well located with several shopping and dinning options nearby. Rooms are big enough, well decorated, new forniture. My room, in particular, had a great view of downtown Toronto. Staff is great and the Spa/Fitness Center is above expectations. Recommended.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I arrived late afternoon and felt the welcome immediately. And when I discovered their spa is open until 10 PM, I turned a short business trip into a great evening retreat. Wonderful spa, sufficiently staffed so you can actually get an appointment when you check in. The Polish woman who did my late night peddy was lovely, funny, and warm. I slept well and was ready for a great meeting the next day. The rooms are lovely and the light show in the the CN tower in the distance is pretty great. The restaurant (Annona) was great for a single person traveling alone--the staff went out of their way to make my meal a pleasure. And if you get a carnivorous craving, Morton's is next door.

Room Tip: The city view includes a vista of the CN tower, lovely to see at night. Though my room was great, th...
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at the Park Hyatt. From the moment I pulled up at the hotel the service was outstanding. Every staff member I encountered was kind and eager to please. The room I had was a great size and the bathroom was large and well stocked. What I loved most about this hotel was its perfect location. I was in Toronto for business and I was able to walk everywhere I needed to be. Additionally, the hotel is located near the best stores so if you want to sneak in a little shopping, as I did, it is very easy to do so. I would definitely stay here again, I have no complaints.

One piece of advice, if you plan on sleeping/being in your room past 8:00am put your "privacy please" sign on your door. Housekeeping starts bright and early at 8:00 and you'll get a knock on your door. I had to jump out of the shower to avoid getting walked in on, I forgot to put the sign out and wasn't expecting housekeeping service to begin so early.