“Good location and service, nice rooms”
Review of Park Hyatt Toronto

Ranked #20 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Even though I live in Toronto, I spend a lot of time at this hotel. Friends and family have given me gift certificates to the hotel and restaurants. The breakfast and dinner places are great for having a nice meal. The rooms are spacious and clean. Maid service is friendly and thorough. I would suggest this place for the value and prime downtown location near the museums.

Room Tip: Face South
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am delighted to hear that your staycation with us was everything you needed it to be. With many boutiques, restaurants, and café's at our doorstep, hopefully you were able to experience all that Yorkville has to offer during your stay.

On your next staycation we hope to be your hotel of choice.

-Gail Aihoshi

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the Park Hyatt. The hotel is in a great location, near expensive shops as well close to the museum. The staff were extremely courteous and helpful. Free coffee in Lounge during morning times. Rooms were spacious and well maintained. Free Internet (which I believe should be offered anyway when staying at a luxury hotel). Beautiful views of city from 360 Lounge, although children not allowed after 5 PM. Only downfall was there was no pool. Overall great stay and I would recommend without hesitation!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We just had 3 families stay at the Park Hyatt for Labor Day weekend. The hotel is stellar. Rooms are good sized and have all the bells and whistles. Excellent staff including concierge who are very helpful. Located near the shopping district with enough restaurants close by. Only downside was the distance to the attractions like the waterfront, CN tower and Casa Loma. Also hotel parking was expensive though nearby self park garages were much better.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just returned from a stay at The Park Hyatt. Only one complaint-I will get back to that. I usually stay at a Four Seasons or Ritz-Carleton-but this hotel was on par with any 5 star property. Most comfy beds-and the food in the restaurant(especially the filet)was one of the best steaks I have ever had-and I am from Texas-where we know beef.We ate at some of "the finer"restaurants in the city-but The restaurant here is outstanding.My only complaint is that the concierge's seem to be very young and didn't know much. We asked for a restaurant with lobster and was sent to a nice place with no seafood..Asked another concierge the next day and the same restaurant was recommended. Then they said-Red Lobster,and did not seem to know the city very well. Overall-I would stay in this beautiful hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank d k

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your compliments regarding your overall experience and the culinary creations you were able to enjoy during your recent stay.

I appreciate your feedback and would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your interactions with the team. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

When your travels bring you back to Toronto, we look forward to welcoming you once again.

-Gail Aihoshi

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I recently stayed at the Park Hyatt Toronto for 3 nights. I was staying in the north tower (which is the newer tower).

Perks:
The service was terrific: very friendly and professional
The room was a nice size and the bathroom was large
The hotel is situated within walking distance to many attractions like Yorkville, Kensington Market, the ROM, AGO, and the Annex

Cons:
The room was a little dated relative to other Park Hyatts in major cities

Overall I would definitely stay here again. Recommended: 4.5/5

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben B
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Immediately upon arrival I was quite unprepared for the quality this hotel exudes and the degree of service supplied to their guests. Very impressive, and continued to be throughout our whole stay! It is a rare and hard to achieve thing.

And in the end it all comes down to service (though the rest of the hotel and features were fantastic too) - immediate, kind, sincere, professional service all the time. I especially remember Tony at check-in: smart, clever, witty, and charming but never so much as to go overboard or be too casual. He held his professional aire the entire time, and yet after a very nice conversation I then only realised that he didn't waver nor delay in any way and in a flash we were checked in.

Our room was large and lovely, with a huge marble bathroom - mirrors (floor to ceiling) all over, oversized bath towels, it seemed like the bathroom was as large the rest of the room itself again.

Unexpected bonus that I wish we had a chance to try: Free car service, morn & night - 5km radius (but have to reserve it ahead of time).

Didn't try the (very & typically pricey) room service nor main restaurant, though both looked good. I liked the room service menu & selections that are done a la carte, cruise ship style.

The absolute best thing about the hotel was the 18th floor Rooftop Terrace (south tower) with stunning unobstructed views over downtown towards the lake. Small outdoor terrace area, but the interior bar itself is clubby and dark and charming (& larger). People come up here and then get distracted by the view, but settling into the bar itself is a cozy and deluxe experience in itself.

It seems appropriate by the style and high quality of the hotel that it is on the edge of Yorkville in midtown Toronto. It fits right in - classy, quality but without any pretention. And being not front & centre, but just off of Bloor (right across from the ROM!) but around the corner on Avenue Road, it feels like an unexpected pleasure that you are lucky to have to find.

Room Tip: Sad that there is no pool here, but the spa on-site is superb
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is the first time I have stayed in this hotel, although I often visit Toronto. The Hyatt is just along the road from the Inter Continental where I have stayed several times. Certainly the rooms are slightly superior and the staff are very considerate and efficient. I loved the way my room was cleaned so early in the day, unlike the Inter Continental where the are often left until later in the day. It was high summer during my visit and I missed the outdoor roof pool of the Inter Continental and the open area where one can have breakfast or a drink. Overall, I would say the Hyatt is slightly smarter. My one reservation is the poor service which spoils the very good food in the restaurant. The Manager must do something about the appalling service which is slow and lacking in finesse. We had to ask for water and to to chase up the food.
This was a shame, as the menu was interesting and varied and the food overall tasty and well presented.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newer wing. They tend to be quiet rather than those on Bloor Street.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for your experience while dining in our restaurant. It is always our hope that our guests enjoy a pleasant stay while with us. When your schedule allows, would you mind if we connected to further discuss this?

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share these details with us.

Gail Aihoshi