“Got married here... and I would do it again!”
Review of Park Hyatt Toronto

Ranked #19 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I got married here two weeks ago. It was an amazing experience from start to finish!

From our first meeting with Donald Hillis, up to the event itself, we were completely happy. We didn't think we could afford to have our wedding here at first but after meeting with Donald, we realized we could, so we booked it instantly. Donald and his colleague Sarah were available via email as much as we needed them, and our tasting prior to the wedding with Donald was SO much fun - the food was much better than we'd imagined and Donald was a great lunch date! The wedding itself was beautiful, they made all of our wishes come true (we were a bit non-traditional, opting for a small wedding, no dancefloor) and our planner that night, Danny, remembered every detail right down to the father of the groom who couldn't eat cheese! We also stayed the night in a suite and it was beautiful. The entire experience was amazing, the staff were so helpful, and my husband and I agree that if we could afford to have a wedding every year, we'd do it, and we'd do it at the Park Hyatt.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Congratulations to you both!

It was our pleasure to help make your special day everything you dreamed it would be. I have shared your compliments with our entire team and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel to help create even more memories in the years to come.

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience with us. Once again, congratulations and we wish you both the very best.

Park Hyatt Toronto

Write a ReviewReviews (1,845)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is probably my favorite hotel of all. Well appointed luxury rooms with fine linens and bath products. Plush bathrobes and modern amenities. There is a fine dining restaurant in the lobby which actually has local wine selections (Canada!) Guests are given free use of the Stillwater Spa downstairs which may be my favorite part of this hotel. Even though I've always stayed at this hotel for business, I always leave here relaxed after my stay. The staff is top notch. Centrally located within walking distance to many of the shops of Bloor.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am pleased to hear that you always feel well cared for during your stay and leave us relaxed. We do not take it lightly that you consider us your favorite hotel and we will continue to work towards ensuring that it stays that way.

Once again, thank you for sharing the details of your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back for your return visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Park Hyatt Toronto and was left wanting more. While the customer service was very good and the location nice, I didn't feel that this hotel lived up to the amenities that everyone touted. My room was nice but nothing special and the view was nothing to get excited about.

The bathroom was definitely clean but pretty small. Mirrors on the walls help to increase the light and make it look bigger but, nevertheless, it was a little cramped.

Also, while the spa looked amazing the workout room was an exercise in minimalism. I have seen a number of hotels outfit their gyms much better and with nicer equipment. This was definitely an after thought. Big improvement needed here...

I would like to see this hotel take it up a notch. There is definitely potential!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the CNN Tower side with a view. This is critical!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gbuford

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Please accept my apologies that your stay with us was not a great one. You were underwhelmed by your experience and I would like to speak with you if possible to further discuss your guestroom preferences and the fitness equipment that is important to you while traveling. When your schedule allows would you mind if we connected?

I look forward to speaking with you at your convenience.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

From the glamorous lobby to the hospitable service, the Park Hyatt Toronto is simply a delight.
Upon check-in, we were greeted by welcoming door men who offered to take our luggage to our room.
Check-in was a breeze. The staff behind the front desk are professional and are eager to help. There was a slight error in our reservation, yet the check-in clerk was calm, took care of the issue, and upgraded us to a beautiful suite in the North tower of the hotel.
As Hyatt Gold Passport members, we had high expectations that were definitely met. The suite we were upgraded to was simply amazing. The room was spacious, luxurious, and offered the upmost comfort. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room.
With every hotel I stay in, I conduct a bed bug search upon entering my room. I did a thorough inspection and there was no issue! The Park Hyatt Toronto was the first hotel that I actually felt comfortable sleeping in. I felt so secure of the room's cleanliness that I had the comforter wrapped around my entire body. Cleanliness is certainly not an issue at this delightful establishment.

Annona is a wonderful restaurant situated near the elevators of the North Tower. I ate dinner there one evening and was amazed with the quality and freshness of the food. I ate breakfast at Annonna as well and was pleased with the breakfast salad. The service is spot on.

Concierge caters to your every whim. Diana was extremely helpful in every way. Being a Boston native, we were in town for the Blue Jays vs. Red Sox game. We decided to get tickets and Diana took care of it all! There were issues with the computer however, and the ticket purchase took longer than expected. The order failed to go through twice due to computer difficulties, yet Diana was persistent, stayed calm, and eventually got me the tickets.

Overall, my stay at the Park Hyatt Toronto was incredible. The Park Hyatt Toronto is by far the best Hyatt property I have stayed with. The staff, the cleanliness, and the luxury will make me choose the Park Hyatt again when I am in Toronto.

Room Tip: Request a room in the North Tower.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Gold Passport Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are thrilled to hear that Diana was successful in securing tickets for you and that your stay with us was a great one. It is always our hope that our guests feel welcome when they arrive and comfortable throughout their entire stay.

When your travels bring you back to Toronto it would be our pleasure to once again welcome you home.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Park Hyatt Toronto provided us an exceptional hotel experience from beginning to end. The staff is enthusiastic and helpful; the lobby area and restaurant are lovely, the food and service in the dining room (breakfast and dinner) were first class at all times and our deluxe king size room was large, very well appointed and with two sinks in the bathroom. The location in Yorkville is wonderful. Very close to a perfect 5.

Room Tip: If you can get it, I recommend the king size deluxe rooms on the 16th or higher floors.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are delighted to hear that your stay was a great one – thank you for taking the time to share the details with us!

Yorkville is indeed a wonderful neighbourhood and we are pleased to hear that our location enhanced your overall experience. If time permits on your end, would you mind if we connected directly to discuss the opportunities that prevented your stay from being a perfect 5?

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you when your schedule allows.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed at the hotel a few weeks ago and at every turn, this hotel exemplifies the meaning of customer service. Check-in was seamless, the room was spacious and clean, the rooftop bar server was timely and friendly as well. While these interactions were great, James, in Guest Services went above and beyond more than anyone: I was in the lobby around 7:30 on a Saturday morning looking for directions to the nearby Whole Foods. He gave me directions and told me that it would not be open for a few hours. I was disappointed but it was fine. As I started back down the hallway to my room, he stopped me and asked what I was looking for. Well, I was looking for a banana for my 2 year old son's breakfast. He excused himself for about 5 seconds and came from the back of the house and gave me what would have been his morning snack! You can tell when someone does something because they genuinely care and James was 100% genuine.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay with us. The kind words you noted regarding your interactions with James and our entire team truly describes their genuine spirit which we always hope will shine through in guest interactions.

When your travels bring you back to Yorkville, we look forward to once again welcoming you and your family to your home away from home.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. Located in the heart of Toronto, across from the heart of Yorkville and the Royal Ontario Museum, you can't find a better location in the City. Service is impeccable - friendly and highly competent. The rooms are spacious, well furnished and comfortable. Take some care if you are in the older south tower - the air handling equipment can be undependable. The spa is beautiful and well- equipped. Fabulous baron the roof. It's on the expensive side, but if you're prepared to spend, it's a great choice.

Room Tip: Watch out for rooms in the older south tower - the air conditioning can be balky.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience and had the opportunity to explore the Yorkville neighbourhood. Please allow me to apologise for the inconvenience with the air conditioning unit you noted. When you have a moment would you mind if we further discussed this?

I will be sure to share your kind words with the entire team and we look forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back to Toronto.