“Well organised yet personal member of a chain”
Review of Park Hyatt Toronto

Ranked #20 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is, of course, part of an international chain - but feels like a more intimate personable place. The view from the 18th floor bar is great - by day and night. The staff were uniformly patient and obliging, extending check-out buy several hours without complaint. Rooms are large and comfortable, if slightly impersonal. The balance between swanky place and intimate personal place to stay was spot-on. Highly recommended as a business place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,847)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was long intrigued by the Park Hyatt, having stayed many times across the street at the Four Seasons. Decided to give it a try last Labor Day and again this month, because the Four Seasons moved to a new location and is now ridiculously expensive. I could not have been happier with this hotel on both occasions, and only wish I had tried it out sooner!

Public areas are crisp, quiet, elegant, clean and tasteful, and smell cool and fresh (eucalyptis & mint) due to the adjacent Park Hyatt spa. I cannot imagine that walking into heaven could be nicer than walking into the lobby of the Park Hyatt after wandering around Toronto on a hot, muggy day. Check-in/check-out is quick and efficient, and elevators are are always available within a minute or two at most. Both times I have stayed here I've been in the north wing which is newer, and even a basic king room is spacious and quiet. The housekeeping service is very good as well, my room was always made up very well when I came back in the afternoon or when I returned from dinner/drinks in the evening (for turndown service). Bathrooms are also very nice, with a good selection of products. GREAT wireless internet (free) and air conditioning, and nice soft beds. The rooftop bar on the 18th floor of the south wing is also wonderful and a must-see, it's got the best view of the Toronto skyline in the city. The terrace there is a little crowded on weekends, but not too bad on a Sunday or weeknight.

My only cons are the plumbing in the showers may be getting a bit funky, both times I stayed the water pressure went up/down and the pipes seemed to occasionally shudder a little. Also I'd avoid the restaurant on the first floor, it seemed expensive (particularly for breakfast), and I'm sure there are better bets around Yorkville. These are small issues though, and I wouldn't ding the hotel so much as a half-star for either of them. The hotel is also not close to downtown or the Theatre district, which is fine with me (I much prefer Yorkville, which is cleaner and safer), but if you want to check out Eaton Centre or a show, the Museum subway stop is less than a five minute walk, and can get you to wherever you're going more quickly and for much less than a cab.

Finally--and this is the best part--this hotel has extremely reasonable rates, probably the best in Toronto for a hotel of its class. Both times I've stayed, Expedia has had a third night free after two nights, which knocks the average nightly rate (excluding tax) down to not much over $200 CD, only about $50 more than what you'd pay for a hotel of much poorer quality/service (see also my recent review of the Courtyard Marriott on Yonge). I definitely recommend you give this hotel a try, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: North tower is newer and was very nice, have never stayed in south tower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Confortable, classic hotel with lots of details in marble, bronze and mirrors. Great area of the city and close to the best shops of the town, The restaurant area just crossing the street is so cool. Service is just OK but the room was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your overall experience with us.

It is our hope that every guest leaves us feeling well cared for. If there are suggestions that you would like to share on how we could have enhanced your experience please do not hesitate to connect with me directly when your schedule allows.

When your travels bring you back to Yorkville, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

we paid 178 USD per night, but it is a lovely hotel! Great place. had a wonderful time at their spa. Wonderful room and service. Courteous and attentive service from everyone we encountered. highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James T

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel and our Park Hyatt Toronto family. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was shocked to read comments on this site about WORN and TIRED accommodations. Simply not true. I would have to question the source of these comments, and their ability to adequately rate a TRUE 5 star property. This is not a "W", nor would i want it to be!

This hotel is flawless. Period.

The location is wonderful. Safe, beautiful neighborhoods surround the hotel. The 'best of the best' all have their stores within blocks of the hotel.

The public areas, hallways, rooms, and dining outlets are all classic in design. IF you are looking for something as contemporary as the Park Hyatt Tokyo, this is not the property. It is not an Andaz either. That being said, the furniture is in PERFECT condition, I couldn't find a chip in the paint anywhere (almost*), the linens were crisp...cool and perfect. The bathroom was immaculate as was the entire property.

My room service was delivered in 20 minutes. I was further impressed that a property that serves all Pepsi products delivered my Diet Coke without skipping a beat. I was a happy customer. (OK, i hate Pepsi....but i cant fault the hotel for that. Its a Hyatt corporate arrangement everywhere outside of Atlanta).

Each of the staff members that i encountered seemed truly happy to be there. They were friendly, and very service oriented without being overbearing.

I am sure that someday, Hyatt will renovate this property and make it much more contemporary. For now, its a wonderful respite to a style from not that long ago. Very comfortable, very warm....and just perfect!

THis is a very special hotel, and i will return on my next trip to Toronto.

* Ok...I did notice a small corner of marble chipped along the baseboard of the center elevator, and the brass walls at the bottom of the elevator were a bit 'tarnished'. Other than that...and i have a VERY well trained eye....this hotel is PERFECT! :)

Room Tip: I bet there isnt a bad room in the house!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JamesE339

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for being such a wonderful supporter of not only our property, but our Park Hyatt brand. We are delighted to hear that you left us a very happy guest, and being able to enjoy Diet Cokes during your stay proved to be the icing on the cake.

Our Park Hyatt Toronto family is passionate about the service we provide, while ensuring that each and every guest feels both welcome and comfortable during their stay. I was pleased to learn that your experience with us was an authentic one filled with pleasant memories. I have shared the opportunity you noted with our team, and would like to take this opportunity to also thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Park Hyatt is a very special place. Located right off the Toronto University campus, the location is perfect. There are many wonderful restaurants and stores around the hotel so we walked everywhere. The hotel is very upscale and the staff is terrific. The Guest Service Manager, Brittany, did an amazing job in assisting us with our plans for the four days we were there. By the second day, she greeted us by name each morning. She always had a big smile on her face, from 7:30 AM till 5:00 PM! The front desk staff were efficient, pleasant and welcoming. Our room attendant was terrific. When we would leave the room in the morning, she would be at the elevator to push the button for us and ask us if we wanted our room cleaned now. She had a smile on her face and could not do enough for us. The rooms are very special with beautiful linens on the bed, big screen tv's, nice amenities in the bathroom. It' nice to come back to a sleep haven after being out all day. We visited the spa on the first day and it is first rate. Clean, quiet, warm, hospitable. Our treatments were wonderful and the quiet area of the spa where you can sit and have a light bite to eat was very special. The bellstaff were extremely helpful and friendly. I have nothing negative to say about the Park Hyatt....it made our vacation very special!

Room Tip: The concierge desk has bicycles on a first come first serve basis for free and they also have umbrel...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It is always such a warm feeling to hear that you’re thought of as a very special place where experiences are unforgettable – for all the right reasons. Thank you so much for your wonderful note. I have shared your thoughts with Brittany and our entire team.

Hopefully when planning your next vacation, Toronto will be your destination of choice and we will have the opportunity to welcome you once again and help to create many more special memories.

Once again, thank you.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you want to know where all of the friendly people in Toronto are? They work at the Park Hyatt. Whether it is the front desk to maintenance workers, General Manager to chambermaids, they were ALL friendly. That is pretty amazing in such a big impersonal city.

The hotel is located steps from wonderful museums (such as the ROM, Bata Shoe), restaurants (Jamie Kennedy), easy access to the subway line.

A gem in the spa is a whirlpool, sauna and steam room that is accessible to all. A wonderful way to relax after a busy work day.

Room Tip: A room at the end of the hall, and I could not hear another single traveller the entire time.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It is so wonderful to hear that in all your interactions during your stay with us, you felt the warmth from the entire team and experienced our authentic Park Hyatt Toronto touch. Thank you for your kind words!

Whenever your travels bring you back to Toronto, we look forward to once again welcoming you and making your stay another wonderful experience.