“Great location, friendly staff”
Review of Park Hyatt Toronto

Ranked #18 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had a very nice experience at the hotel, the staff were courteous and knowledgeable. It's location is perfect, surrounded by beautiful neighborhoods, and across the street from the Royal Ontario Museum, which is a must see.

Room Tip: Ask for the new tower
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are always thrilled to hear that our guests enjoy their stay, the neighbourhood and the sights and sounds of Toronto.

When your travels bring you back to Toronto, please be sure to let us know. It will be our absolute pleasure to welcome you once again.

There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Toronto

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I can't say enough about how much I love this hotel and the service that it provides. I stayed here for just 2 days in March on a business trip and was treated like a queen. The hotel automatically upgraded me to a suite when I arrived. While the room was not plush, the bathroom was brand new and luxurious. The service is incredible. The Park Hyatt is home to one of the best spas in Toronto. I went for a run there the morning before my meeting as was graciously told that I could come back later that day after I checked out to use all of the spa amenities (steam room, etc.) which are normally charged for. The roof top bar lounge is also wonderful, with a warm fire and delicious appetizers. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Toronto and look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your kind words! It is always our hope that all of our guests are completely relaxed and comfortable during their stay. That you left feeling like royalty is exactly the kind of experience we strive to create.

I am happy to hear that you had a chance to enjoy our spa facilities as well as our Roof Lounge. We recently started our Park Hyatt Toronto running group where our guests are able to enjoy a guided tour of the surrounding neighbourhoods while working out. If you are interested in joining us during your next visit, it would be our pleasure.

We look forward to once again welcoming you when your travels bring you back to Yorkville.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed at the Park Hyatt on my miles, the price of a room was advertised at approx. $300-350 CAD at the time on web sites. I genuinely like Hyatt hotels, they offer a relatively high level of service throughout the world and great consistency from one place to another. This one in Toronto helped me re-discover a city I otherwise never liked. The Park Hyatt is located in Yorkville, which with its low rise shopping alleys remind me of Omote-Sando in Tokyo. We loved it. Right across the street you have a proper choice of restaurants and bars, as well as some excellent refined shopping venues. The hotel itself was ticking all the boxes for an urban retreat : impeccable service (extremely polite, respectful and attentive), and the room was just right : cosy and with a great big king bed. No fuss. We were allowed to leave our car at the valet parking most of the day at no extra-fee so that we could finish-off our shopping. We will come back.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your most recent visit to Toronto! I am excited to hear that not only did you find our service impeccable, but you saw Toronto through new eyes and have grown to like it.

It is important to us that our guests enjoy our hotel and all of our amenities, and we could not be happier that your recent experience has convinced you to revisit us in the future. It will be our pleasure to welcome you.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Park Hyatt in Toronto for business. First impressions are important to me ... when I pulled up the valet was waiting to take my car ... very personal and attentive service! Walking into the main lobby (which was appointed nicely) I found that the front desk staff were extremely accommodating - very speedy check in - I liked that!

My room was on the 3rd floor ... which didn't have much a view; however, the purpose of my trip was to lay my head down for a few hours and then get up for a meeting ... the room was gorgeous ... very very very comfortable bed - the marble surround tub was much appreciated after a long day driving ... I enjoyed a heavenly bath. A nice turn down service leaving a bottle of water ... the slippers and bath robes were also a great idea! All in all ... a perfect stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are happy to hear that the little touches you noted such as our attentive associates, a quick check-in and turn down amenities enhanced your experience after a long day of travelling. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how those details contributed to your stay being a ‘perfect’ one.

When your travels bring you back to Toronto, please know that it would be our absolute pleasure to welcome you once again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at the Park Hyatt last weekend for a girls weekend with my mom and sister. The location was great...very close to restaurants and shopping in Yorkville. When we got there our room was not clean. This wasn't a great start to the stay but the staff handled it quite well - moving us immediately and upgrading us to a better room. The staff also delivered our many shopping bags up to our room for us the next day. The hotel itself is clean and the rooms were really big. I also recommend going up to the rooftop patio for a drink - it has great atmosphere, especially on a Friday night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Please accept my most sincere apologies that your stay did not begin as seamlessly as we had hoped it would.

I am pleased to hear that your weekend plans were not completely ruined and you were still able to enjoy your overall experience and shopping in the area.

Thank you for your compliments regarding our Roof Lounge, and we hope to be your hotel of choice when planning your next girl’s getaway.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

While choosing a hotel for our first visit to Toronto, the Park Hyatt was always one of our top choices, so we are extremely pleased we were able to stay here. The hotel is a beautiful and quiet property, everything one would expect from a Park Hyatt. The public areas are pleasant and our deluxe king room was clean, large, and comfortable. The nightly turn down service was especially nice

The hotel is conveniently located in the Yorkville district with a huge array of shopping and dining options to choose from. The Royal Ontario Museum and University of Toronto are a short walk from the hotel, as are the Museum and Bay Street metro stations. We had a long list of restaurants in Toronto, but ended up eating primarily in the immediate area, within a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. The Oxley Pub, Ciao Ristorante, Dynasty Chinese Restaurant, Over Easy, Second Cup and the Gelato Simply Italian shop were some of the wonderful places we patronized.

I think what sets this hotel apart though, is the exceptional level of courteous, professional service and attention to detail from the entire staff. From bellmen, driver, housekeepers, concierge and front desk personnel, everyone at the hotel made an effort to help make our stay a pleasant and memorable one. We would not hesitate to stay at the Park Hyatt again on our next visit to Toronto and highly recommend it as an option for fellow travelers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VacationPlanner

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am happy to hear that your first trip to Toronto was a great one, and your stay with us further complimented your Toronto experience.

Our neighborhood does offer a rich assortment of shopping and dining options, with museums and art galleries completing the experience as well. During your next visit to Toronto if you would like any assistance planning your trip, please do not hesitate to let us know and we will be happy to assist with creating unique itineraries in accordance with your ‘perfect’ stay.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at the Park Hyatt for a week. The hotel is very nice and the service was fantastic. Our room was in the North tower (new one), we had room 1434 a great view of downtown Toronto. The room was one of the Respire rooms (ALL allergy sufferer advised), which was large and will appointed. Nice size bathroom with everything you need, except toothpaste. Every other Hyatt we have stayed in provides toothpaste. The location of the hotel is perfect, with tons of shops and restaurants in the area. Great gym and spa. The roof top lounge is a MUST!!! Fantastic staff, we were always taken care of by Gary and Vex. It can get very busy up there, but it's worth it, and for all of you cigar smokers (Americans) you can get Cuban cigars in the lounge. Highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: I think the North tower is better, because you don't have to share the elevator with the people...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple