“A comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“A comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at the Park Hyatt while on business in Toronto for 2 nights. It was my first stay at the hotel as my go-to Toronto hotel was booked. I wasn’t sure what to expect from the Yorkville neighbourhood or the hotel, but overall I had a very good experience.

The room itself was available on time when I got to the hotel. I was in the north tower, which is the newer of the two. It was mentioned that the south tower was under major interior renovation so wasn’t being heavily booked.

The suite had a generous sitting area, good lighting, a very functional desk area, a generous bathroom and closet areas.

There was a good mini bar area that was well-stocked and I also appreciated having an accessible mini fridge (as I don’t often use what is stocked by the hotel, but do like to pick up a few things of my own that I can make a meal out of as I work). Many of the hotels are going to non-tamper mini bar meaning that the fridge cannot be used for any personal items… (which is annoying as I’ve only heard of a desperate, expense-accounted few who actually partake of mini-bar offerings)

There was a nice robe supplied with the bath, plenty of towels, lots of hot water when required… For those guests who are tall, the shower head was certainly positioned high enough. For those of us who are vertically challenged, adjusting the spray was impossible unless you stood on the edge of the tub! Amenities were very nice and there were lots of them: vanity kits, shower caps, mending kits and shoe shiner also which are often not included these days. However, you need not bother with the shining kit as nightly shoe shines are complimentary; a nice touch, as was the turn down service.

Wifi was strong. Didn’t even turn on the large flat-screen TV. There was a convenient docking station/alarm clock for those of us who use Apple products, so no searching for power cords. The beds were comfortable (although like other hotels, the Park Hyatt has gone to a duvet… certainly nice and facilitates laundering which is great… but I sometimes miss having a top sheet for when the duvet becomes a bit suffocating). The room that I has was certainly quiet, and I would note that I had the window open (love windows that open!)

The downside? No coffee maker in the room as I appreciate having a cup of coffee to wake me before I have to get my cup of coffee… Many places are going to a Kuerig-styled in-room beverage maker, which would have been nice.

I didn’t dine at the hotel, but have in the past enjoyed the rooftop bar… There were a number of restaurants in the immediate area as well as a nearby LCBO, cinema, and transit links.

I would certainly consider staying at the Park Hyatt again.

• 4 of 5 stars
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for choosing us as your home away from home during your recent two day trip to Toronto. It is always a pleasure to introduce a guest to our hotel and hear how much they enjoyed their experience. Hopefully while with us your schedule also allowed you to explore the Yorkville neighbourhood – if not, it would be my pleasure to assist you with compiling a few ideas for you to enjoy during your return visit.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience and the amenities that we offer made your stay a very comfortable one. Please accept my apologies for the incorrect information you received regarding our South Tower undergoing a renovation. Your feedback regarding the inconveniences experienced with the showerhead and the need for a coffee maker in your guestroom has been noted.

We truly appreciate the time you took to share the details of your stay with us as well as suggestions you provided on what would have made your stay a perfect one. Thank you for taking the time to communicate this with us and we hope to be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to Toronto.

Park Hyatt Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Korean first
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

One of the nicest place to have a drink in Toronto. The view is amazing, the service very friendly and helpful. What is needed is a bit of polishing , such as wooden stick to pick up the olives, rather using your fingers and leaving a napkins. However , despite this, it is just an amazing place with a very friendly service

Stayed April 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our Roof Lounge. It is always wonderful to hear that our guests enjoy the ambiance of our 18th Floor as much as we hope they will.

Your feedback regarding the difficulty experienced while trying to enjoy our Olives has been noted and will be shared with our team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we hope to see you on the patio this Spring.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed for one night on a business trip. My criteria for a very good hotel for business is safe, good location, quiet room, comfortable bed, good gym and decent place to eat relatively healthly food. This hotel is kind of a mixed bag. I would give it five stars for location (right near lots of great shopping, restaurants and places to walk), the staff who were exceptionally service-oriented, great roof top bar with lovely view and fantastic restaurant on the lobby level. Room service was also outstanding with very healthy options. The reason I rate only four stars was that my room had very irritating plumbing issues. The water pressure in the shower was so low that I almost couldn't wash my hair. Both the shower and the toilet made noise. This may be an isolated problem but now that i see some of the other reviews, maybe not.

I would recommend the hotel and would stay again but I would check on these plumbing issues first thing and ask for a new room before unpacking if there were any issues.

Room Tip: Check room for plumbing issues as mentioned above.
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Our hope is that every guest who stays with us leaves feeling well cared for. I must firstly apologise that your recent stay was less than a seamless experience. While I am happy to know that you enjoyed most things about your stay, the inconvenience you experienced is in no way the kind of service we strive to provide to our guests.

When your schedule permits would you mind if we connected to further discuss your stay? If so, I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights in two rooms with family. A very good hotel for the most part, quiet, excellent staff; concierge, cleaning, front desk...all great. Location is excellent, used the subway to get around which is only steps from the hotel. Tons of shopping close by. We had to extend the stay twice and both times they honored my original rate which was very much appreciated. If you want a good breakfast place I suggest Over Easy which is only a few steps away and is well priced and has good food. A most pleasant stay at the Park Hyatt... Only negative is the Hotel is in need of an update, tired bathrooms, old linens, small room safe but I'd definitely stay again and recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

It is wonderful to hear that our team and location made your experience a great one. I must agree Over Easy does have a wonderful menu! The opportunities included in your post have been noted and will be shared.

We look forward to your next visit when your travels bring you back to Toronto.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my first visit to Toronto and I would definitely return the Park Hyatt. The rooms are spacious and well designed. The beds are very comfortable. The fitness facilities are well maintained. There is complimentary coffee and water throughout the day. I would highly recommend to anyone traveling in the Toronto area. The hotel restaurant Annona has terrific food but the service is a little slow. A Starbucks is literally across the street so a great convenience for breakfast on the go.

Room Tip: Choose a room higher up
Maple, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My grandparents stayed here for a few nights and it was a generally positive experience. Everyone was super friendly. It could use a renovation or two like mentioned here but besides that they liked it. The hotel is in a good location too so thats a bonus!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Members,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your grandparents experience with us. We are pleased to know that they were comfortable and enjoyed the interactions with our team.

On their next visit to Yorkville, we hope to be their hotel of choice and look forward to welcoming them back.

Montecito, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

On a recent college search trip we stayed at the Park Hyatt in Toronto, Ontario. The hotel is in a great location in Yorkville, a stylish mid-town section of the city, good for walking, filled with great shops and excellent restaurants. Across the street was the Royal Ontario Museum, a beautiful early 1900's granite and stone facade building with a hideous glass and steel addition that strives for importance and fails miserably. But more importantly for us on this trip, across the street is also the University of Toronto, a beautiful campus, a green oasis in the city. In the hotel itself we found a very pleasant staff who managed to find us two adjoining rooms, large, comfortable, well-decorated and well-appointed. We had requested a low floor and they obliged. The downside being you sometimes felt the rumble of the subway which runs under the hotel. But it didn't disturb our sleep after a long day in the city. The hotel was renovated a few years ago and they did a good job. We also used the restaurant in the hotel for a late dinner after our flight and a couple of breakfast meetings. The food was very good and the staff attentive.

Room Tip: We requested a low floor so we could walk up if we wished. But you do hear (and feel) the subway u...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for selecting us as your hotel of choice during your recent college search trip and for taking the time to share your Yorkville experiences. Indeed, University of Toronto is a wonderful institution on a beautiful campus.

I am pleased to hear that our team made you comfortable during your stay and the culinary creations were enjoyed. Please accept my apologies that your experience was not a completely seamless one as a result of the noise disturbances you noted. When your travels bring you back to Toronto, please do not hesitate to let us know and we will be more than happy to ensure that your room location is exactly how you would like it.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Toronto as your home away from home.