“A nice hotel but the front desk staff were a bit snippy”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Hyatt Toronto

Ranked #14 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Ancaster, Canada
“A nice hotel but the front desk staff were a bit snippy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is anice hotel with spacious rooms and good views of the Toronto skyline. The hotel is in a "hopping area" with upscale stores and dining. We ate dinner at an excellent Italian restaurant about a block and a half away, which has a reasonably high Zagat rating.

For a hotel of this size and class, and the room rates aren't exactly inexpensive, the lobby is a tad under lit. There was a single staff member to check in guests when we arrived and we hung about in an undefined zone. Later, when my wife asked for recommendations about area restaurants to have breakfast in, another check in staff member was a bit snippy asking why we didn't instead use the hotel's restaurant for breakfast. (Well, it wasn't much of his business to ask us the question. We like to wander the neighborhood and find places to eat while traveling.)

The door staff are very polite and helpful and the valet parking service was efficient and nicely done.

All in all a nice hotel but for a snippy interaction.

Room Tip: Higher floor with downtown view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and how interactions during your stay made you feel. Please accept my apologies for the moments that were unpleasant which I hope have not framed your entire experience.

We are always happy to hear when guests are able to experience the area and enjoy all that Toronto has to offer. We consider ourselves fortunate to be located in a neighbourhood that is rich in history and offers guests an abundance of great restaurants and shopping opportunities.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the interaction you shared and know that in no way is this reflective of the level of service we strive to provide for our guests.

Park Hyatt Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Korean first
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip.

It is a great hotel and the room was superb.

I was upgraded to a suite which was lovely and had a space to work and relax. (1708)

The staff are great and I will defiantly be back.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us was a great one. When your schedule allows, would you mind connecting with me so that I may ensure your preferred room type is noted.
We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Asia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a good upmarket hotel in a fairly central location downtown.

It does mean the marble floor is polished, the staff helpful and attentive, the food in the restaurants generally good, the spa classy but all somewhat pricey. Breakfast is ordered from a menu, not a spread like a buffet. There is a Starbucks right across for those who may want to skimp a little.

I came in from Asia and landed in the evening, which meant that I got served a kind of breakfast but was still left feeling hungry. It was past 10 pm when I finally got into my room to call room service. But they delivered a good meal to me.

The gym was somewhat small and not well equipped.

I sampled the restaurant and it was good. Andy my waiter was attentive.

Would I stay there again? I would definitely consider it. One strike against it is that none of my bunch of loyalty programmes work. There are a couple of other hotels--the InterContinental being a comparable one--within close walking distance. I would probably compare that if I am on a similar business trip the next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay with us. We have passed on your kind words to Andy and shared your compliments with our entire team.

I am terribly sorry to hear about the disappointment you experienced when not being able to use any of the loyalty programs you are enrolled in, and it is my hope that you were invited to sign up for Hyatt Gold Passport program. If not, please accept my apologies and know that it will be my pleasure to send you information if you would like. Please do not hesitate to let me know how I may assist.

Here’s hoping we will be your hotel of choice on your return visit to Toronto.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have family in Toronto and visit one or two times a year. I always stay at the Park Hyatt in Yorkville, so centrally located where there are great restaurants, boutiques and two important department stores. Also the Blood and Spadina Subway lines run underneath and it is only three blocks to the Yonge Street Subway.

My most recent stay was November 14, 2012, but I have just joined Trip Advisor as a reviewer. But I want people to know that when traveling to Toronto, the Park Hyatt is the best of the five star hotels. There are two types of accommodations to choose from. The modern high-rise tower offers beautiful rooms with all updated amenities and combines the room quality with striking views of the city. The old building has been elegantly renovated and the rooms offer high ceilings, crown moldings, plus furnishings and a taste of times gone by, but with all the comforts of the 21st century. If you ask for a south facing room, you will have a sweeping view over Queen's Park and the downtown Toronto skyline. The hotel's main restaurant is outstanding. The menu selection, quality of the dishes offered and presentation are all a credit to the hotel, and what one would expect in a five star property. The concierge staff are friendly and very helpful. They can arrange private tours, provide advice regarding getting around the city, dining and shopping as well as being knowledgeable regarding the important sights. And they will arrange airport transfers.

I highly recommend the Park Hyatt as Toronto's premium hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer the older building for its traditional elegance. But for maximum view, ask for a high floor...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It means a lot to us to be included in your list of favourite hotels and to hear that all aspects of your stay with us were exactly as you needed them to be. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

When planning your Toronto visits, if there is anything that you need assistance with please do not hesitate to use me as a resource. We look forward to your return visit.

Gail Aihoshi
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

You simply cannot fault the staff here. We had a great waitress in the 18th floor lounge, who was very friendly, helpful and personable.

My hotel room was enormous and kept very clean.

The hotel runs like clockwork. In addition, having free wifi within the hotel is worth it's weight. There is nothing more frustrating than having to pay for Internet connection.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was everything you needed it to be. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

When your travels bring you back to the Yorkville area, we look forward to once again welcoming you home.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The rooms are beautiful, the food (both restaurant and room service) is terrific, and the location --in the heart of great shopping and right across from the Royal Ontario Museum -- is perfect. It also has an excellent gym and you can use the hot tub and sauna in the gorgeous spa for free. To top it off, our experience was that every single person who works at this hotel -- the bellman, the concierge, the reception desk folks, the room service people -- is incredibly nice and helpful. Not a drop of snooty in the bunch. Sleep late and order room service for breakfast -- you will not regret it.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us was a great one. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for your kind words.

When your travels bring you back to Yorkville, it would be our pleasure to once again welcome you home.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Overall the hotel was nice in a good location near lots of restaurants and shopping. The staff is very friendly especially the guys out front that hail the cabs for you.
The room was nice but the carpet was dated, there was no in room coffee, and the vanity in the bathroom was much too small. Bedding was just ok as the mattress was a bit bad for my back and the comforter didn't 'breath', which means you get very hot at times despite the room temp being comfortable. The amenities are nice with comfy robes, fluffy towels, and quality shampoo and soaps.
My only big complaint is the ridiculous telephone rates when calling the US. When you consider the US is not very far away, paying $3/minute is so beyond price gouging. I can call the US from Bangkok half way around the world for pennies, but just across the border cost $138 for just over an hour and then you get taxed on top off that!! The manager was nice enough to remove the charge for me but just be aware that they will totoally rip you off if you make a call to the US.
I would stay at the hotel again but plan to have an alternate way to call home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

We are happy to hear that you found our team friendly and enjoyed the Yorkville neighbourhood. It is our hope that our guests feel comfortable during their stay and are able to enjoy our amenities. When they do not, we are always willing to make adjustments that align with their preferences. The next time that you are with us, please do not hesitate to let us know the type of mattress and bedding that would make your stay a more enjoyable one.

I will be sure to explore the phone charges referenced and any billing errors that may have occurred. My apologies for that experience. Thank you for discussing this with our team before departing.

We look forward to your next visit.

-Executive Offices