“Everything was Perfect!”

Ranked #16 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Northern California
“Everything was Perfect!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed at the Park Hyatt between Christmas and New Year. The room was fantastic and the staff were attentive and eager to make our visit memorable. The concierge arranged a rental car for one day for us to visit Niagara Falls and he gave us great advice about what to do. The car was dropped off and picked up at the hotel - how easy!! Every request was answered. They really exceeded my expectations and I am a seasoned traveller.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are thrilled to hear that your Park Hyatt Holiday experience was a memorable one, and for all the right reasons. Our team works diligently towards exceeding the expectations of all of our guests and we are pleased to know that our attention to detail made all the difference in your overall experience.

Thank you for selecting our hotel as your holiday home away from home and for taking the time to share such kind words.

We hope to be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you back to Yorkville.

Park Hyatt Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed here in early December and it was my first time at this hotel. I checked in and the hotel is quite impressive and is in a great location. Within 5 minutes or less, you have excellent shopping (Yorkville), the ROM, or a subway.

When I got to my room, I went straight to the bathroom to see if it was cleaned. I found a bunch of hair in the tub and was disgusted. I called and talked to someone and they offered to either move me and clean the room. Since I had lots of luggage with me, I was not prepared to start moving around. I went to the gym while one of the staff came and cleaned the bathroom. As a way to make up for this, I was offered a bottle of wine and a snack tray of cheese, fruit and nuts. I thought this was a nice gesture until I noticed that the table that this tray was sitting on had not been dusted. I didn't say anything and waited to see if it would be cleaned while I stayed there.

The first night, one of the staff came by and offered me 2 bottles of water. I did not drink any of them that night but waited until the second day. I was about to open one of the bottles when I noticed the cap looked funny. I compared it to the other bottle and sure enough, it was open. I was less than impressed.

Again I complained to the management and was told that my experience was the exception. They wanted to keep my business and asked me what they could do to change my mind about coming back. (I was to stay 2 weeks but after the first night, I canceled the 2nd week.) After this incident, chances were very unlikely that I would come back.

I noticed that I received stellar service afterwards, meaning that my bathrobe was replaced daily as were my slippers that were provided. I had to wonder if that was typical for any customer or just the ones that complained.

Beyond the cleanliness issue, I found it difficult to sleep and the walls were very thin. I kept thinking someone was trying to break into my room but it was the fan that kept going on and off.

I will say that they had a very nice gym and it didn't feel cramped like many hotel gyms. It offered fresh fruit and I thought that was a nice touch, in addition to the number of machines it had.

Given my overall experience, I don't know if a good gym or access to the subway will make me want to come back to this hotel. I just was not impressed.

2 Thank sdigian
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for sharing the details concerning your recent experience and allowing us the opportunity to have this e-conversation with you. I have discussed the comments you noted with my entire team and we sincerely apologise that we fell short in delivering an authentic Park Hyatt Toronto experience.

From the moment a guest checks into our hotel, it is our hope that their experience will be a seamless one where they are able to comfortably enjoy the amenities of our hotel and surrounding areas. Your overall experience does not mirror the perfect escape and that is something we take quite seriously. When time allows, would we be able to discuss this further?

I look forward to speaking with you when your schedule allows.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed there for a one night celebration. Loved the location. Staff were good but the room was dirty and required a change. Surprised that it wasn't cleaned properly and that they had to move us. Thought it was too pricey considering the small room and lack of a recent makeover. Not sure if we would go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for making us the hotel of choice for your recent celebration.

I am terribly sorry to hear that your experience was not a pleasant one and would like to speak with you further about this when your schedule allows. Is it possible for us to connect?

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I look forward to speaking with you.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We've just returned from a three-night stay at Toronto's Park Hyatt. The location is fabulous. Yorkville restaurants. Shopping on Bloor. Access to the subway just down the block. Our suite was well appointed if somewhat small and, compared with other Park Hyatt properties, a little outdated. The workout facilities are adequate. The spa is lovely. The bar has a nice view of the city. The concierge and other members of the staff at the hotel's entrance are helpful, friendly, and patient. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast in the hotel restaurant. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Toronto.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your Park Hyatt Toronto experience. Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay with us.

It is always important to us that our guests enjoy our amenities and our neighborhood during their stay, and leave feeling well taken care of. Thank you for your kind words. We consider feedback a gift and your thoughts concerning our product has also been shared with the team.

When your travels bring you back to Toronto, it would be our pleasure to once again welcome you home.

Gail Aihoshi
-Executive Offices
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Great location, staff and service. They treated me like a king! I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Toronto. Also, you can't beat the location. Great restaurants and shopping right outside the front door.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was all that you needed your experience to be. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

When your travels bring you back to Toronto we look forward to welcoming you once again to your home away from home. Until then, safe travels this season and the very best of all things for the new year.

Niagara Falls, NY
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Louis Vuitton just across the street, Vera Wang right next door. The hotel itself was not overly fabulous but just outside the door was great shopping.
Guy at the front desk offered me a "complimentary car" to take us to dinner but when it came time to leave, the car was already on another run and wouldn't be back for "at least 20 minutes." Not sure why he would offer me that service with a specific time and then not make sure it was available or consider calling up to my room and asking if I still needed it.
Almost $50 for Valet!

Room Tip: I was right near the elevator and heard nothing. Quiet place!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your most recent stay with us. I would like to use this opportunity to apologise for the miscommunication you experienced and the inconvenience that resulted.

It is our hope that you were able to enjoy the remainder of your stay and look forward to once again welcoming you to our hotel when your travels bring you back to Toronto.

From our home to yours...happy holidays!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

A stylish hotel with ample guest rooms and amenities, the Park Hyatt Toronto is perfectly located across from the Royal Ontario art museum, the gorgeous University of Toronto campus and walking distance to most everything else in the city. Great views (and cocktails) from the roof top bar.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
DearTrip Advisor Member,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our amenities, location and the Yorkville neighbourhood. Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience with us.

When your travels bring you back to Toronto, we hope to be your hotel of choice once again. On behalf of our entire team here: happy holidays and all the best for 2013!