“Very nice stay”

Ranked #14 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Los Angeles, California
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the few Park Hyatt's left in the North America. Los Angeles, San Francisco & New York are all gone.

It cannot rival the brand new Park Hyatt's in Asia hardware wise but I received very good service as a Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond member.

The hotel had preupgraded me to a suite that wasn't ready when I was checking in at 10AM. Went to the gym and manager came to tell me ten minutes later that it was already ready.

The suite was well maintained and loved it. This was on the south tower.

Diamond amenity was a half bottle of red, cheese plate and fruit bowl.

Breakfast at the restaurant was good. My salmon eggs Benedict was done my preferred way sauce on the side.

The hotel gave me 5PM check out that suite me well as I was venturing first to the Casa Loma and the museum on the opposite side of the hotel.

Will return.

• Stayed November 2012
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Diamond Member,

Thank you for your support of the Park Hyatt brand. Our sister properties in Asia are indeed breathtakingly beautiful, and we appreciate the feedback you shared.

I am happy to hear that our occupancy levels afforded us the opportunity to extend an early check-in and extended departure time. It is always our goal to make our guest experience as seamless as possible.

If at all possible would you mind sending me your information so that I may note your tower preference on your file? During your next stay with us we look forward to making your Salmon Eggs Benedict just as you would like.

Park Hyatt Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

We started out in the North Tower and the noise kept us awake all night - requested a room change and were pleasantly surprised that they gave us an upgrade to a suite. Beautiful clean room and much more quiet. As I was working from hotel during stay, the sitting room was greatly appreciated. Staff were very professional and engaged and overall a wonderul stay - in the South Tower. They do need to address the noise issue in that North Tower though.

Room Tip: South Tower rooms only
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great location. Lots of shopping close by and several great restaurants. Service was excellent. Room was very large but just a bit tired. Roof top bar was turning away everyone at 12 on a Friday night saying they were full but didn't look very crowded inside at all. All in all a good convenient place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wiskeylake
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Excellent location, close to lots of shopping with great food in the hotel, and lovely room. I enjoyed my stay very much. Staff were attentive and helpful. Would highly recommend for shopping, special weekend with partner or girls weekend away.

Room Tip: High up gives spectacular city views. Corner suite has lots of room.
1 Thank takemeaway_2010_10
PR-At-The-Park, Manager at Park Hyatt Toronto, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and the amenities of the area. When your travels or shopping brings you back to the area, we look forward to once again welcoming you to our hotel.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed at the Park Hyatt many times and I have had excellent service for the last few times I have stayed there, and the General Manager Paul Verciglio has always said hello sometime during my visits. The hotel has a very good bar on the 18th floor and a very good restaurant and the rooms are clean and a reasonable size for a city hotel (I prefer the rooms in North Tower). It also has a decent gym and a very good spa. Internet access is wireless and quite fast. It was free in my case but not sure if this is because of my Gold Passport status.

Room Tip: I like the North Tower rooms
Dear Mr. Huddart,

It is always our pleasure to welcome you to your home away from home.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with Mr. Verciglio and our entire team. I have noted your preferred tower and when your travels bring you back to Yorkville, as always it will be our pleasure to once again welcome you home.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Warmly,
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Good:
-great location, right in the heart of Yorkville, walking distance to the ROM and many up-scale stores
-free wi-fi, and it's fast and reliable, unlike Fairmount (read my other review)

Bad:
-horrible service. when my taxi pulled up at the hotel, no one came and offered to help me with my luggage, perhaps i was not arriving in a porsche or lamborghini
-the staff are in general snobby, just like it's clientele
-not enough staff at the front desk - i checked in around 9pm and there was only one staff working, i have to wait for 10 minutes before i can check in
-the food at the conference i attended was not something i would expect from a 5 star hotel in Yorkville. they taste bad and are not hot enough
-the sensor lighting for the closet drove me crazy. it's keeps on turning on and off while i was hanging my clothes
-no free coffee / coffee machine in room

4 Thank JL J
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am very disturbed that your experience at our hotel was not a pleasant one and that you did not feel welcome during your stay with us. Please know that the details noted are not reflective of an authentic Park Hyatt experience and I would like to use this opportunity to apologise that your stay was less than pleasant.

It is always our hope that our guests feel welcome and comfortable while with us. That you felt neither is something we take quite seriously. When your schedule allows would you mind if we connected to further discuss your experience?

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and once again please accept our apologies the way we made you feel.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at several different hotels in Toronto in the past few years but this will be hotel I booked when I come back to visit Toronto again.

Check-in / check-out process was quick and snappy. The staff in the hotel are very courteous, from the door man, receptionists, concierge, bell boy, cleaners and the waitresses - their services is ranked pretty high up my list of top hotels.

Unusually, we have had to order our breakfast but there were many choices and the quality was really good - it was a pleasure to eat and relax in the restaurant before our busy days of shopping and site seeing. The close proximity of the hotel to the many shops means we could go back and relax in the hotel after a busy morning of shopping before going out for "round 2" of shopping or site seeing !!

The Royal Ontario Museum is literally next door. Eaton centre and CN tower is about 10 or 15 minutes drive from the hotel.

There are many restaurants close by but I would recommend Mortons Steakhouse just around the corner from the hotel

Room Tip: Valet parking is quite expensive - suggest use the car park opposite the hotel at $18 a day
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family