“Good bed, good gym, good brekky, great location”

Novotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #44 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersGold level
Wellington
“Good bed, good gym, good brekky, great location”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The title pretty much says it all. The hotel was in a construction zone when I visited but it was quiet inside. Location is really good. Just at the base of younger st and a stone's throw from the st Lawrence market. The union subway is also very close. I walked almost everywhere including the cn tower and the ago (art gallery of Ontario). I also walked to the university of Toronto, where in had business one day. That was a 35 min walk, so maybe the subway is better for some. The hotel staff were very accommodating. The breakfast buffet hD lots of stuff and wanted for nothing all at a reasonable price. There is. Well equipped gym and a small pool. The bed was great. Climate control good. I got a good price.it's not a 5 star hotel, so I gave it a 4. Nothing wrong with this place and I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GM-NTC, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thanks for your lovely review, Susan. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast buffet, as well as our central location!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Although Novotel is in a great location and is clean, the entire Esplanade is under construction. Staying during the week will prove difficult to sleep in. Also, we had mysterious phone calls to our room at all hours of the night/early morning. When we checked out, our room was charged for phone calls that were never made or answered. The staff took it off our bill though.

The beds were great! Very firm.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I apologize that you encountered a couple of issues during your stay with us. However, I am happy to read that our team was able to correct the phone issue. We certainly hope we'll be able to serve you again when in Toronto, and redeem your feelings towards our hotel and location.
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I got a deal on this hotel via Priceline so the price was great. The hotel did not have my reservation when I arrived. (This was probably not their fault & was dealt with promptly when I produced a confirmation number). I asked for a room with 2 beds and was given a room with a King size bed with an offer of 1 Queen + sofa bed. I took the king. However, the place appeared to be empty so I would have to question as to why I could not be assigned a room with 2 beds. The room was fine -- clean etc. Decor a little strange -- why hang a picture behind the TV? The view -- I was in a window-well looking out at concrete. Windows were dirty (no doubt because they had been previously covered by snow). Wifi did not work -- even with a call to tech support.

Location -- excellent for a downtown visit. Close to attractions, the AC center and train station.

Not sure I would stay again -- I've stayed at much nicer hotels in the downtown core for the same price.

Room Tip: Ask for something higher than the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GM-NTC, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your thorough review. We apologize for the issues you encountered during your time with us. I wish our front desk team would have been made aware of the issue with the WiFi so we may have resolved the problem during your stay. We certainly hope you’ll choose to stay with us again so we can redeem your sentiments toward our hotel.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I visited this hotel in January when passing through Toronto. I normally stay by the airport as it was closer to my partner at the time, but decided to go for the downtown vibe and really enjoyed the location, close to all the good sights in Toronto. I also think the customer service the hotel provides, especially at the front desk is remarkable. I'd highly recommend staying here and if I go back to Toronto anytime soon, this is where I'll be.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank John C
GM-NTC, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hello John! Thank you for your fantastic review. We're thrilled you decided to stay with us and experience downtown Toronto. I appreciate you highlighting our guest service as well. I'll be sharing your review with our team, as everyone will be happy to read it.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed two nights with the kids. The room was ready when we arrived, check in was smooth and staff friendly. A huge plus was the hotel parking for only $25 per night, with elevators straight up to the hotel.
The room was clean and comfy. The only thing to complain about really was the free wifi which was sporadic at best.

Room service was quite pricey, and unfortunately not very attentive. We ordered both breakfast and dinner, and both times the orders were mixed up. Not a big deal, just a bit annoying considering the steep price.

The hotel is situated right downtown, easy to get anywhere. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Canadianmom2012
GM-NTC, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize that you experienced a couple of issues with our room service. I will certainly share your review with our team to see how we can improve in that respect. Nonetheless, I'm pleased to read you had an excellent stay, and enjoyed time with your family!