A lovely hotel in a pleasant safe area. Looks good from the moment you enter with a very large well appointed reception area.
The reception staff were very helpful. We asked for a fridge and a kettle - the coffee maker was not hot enough for this Scottish tea-drinker and they were delivered free of charge within minutes. the only down side was because of the size of the hotel the faces we saw at reception were constantly changing so we did not get to know them.
The room was very good . It had all you would expect including hairdryer iron and ironing board and large slimline television. A really comfy kingsize bed!! This was a standard room not an executive one.
There was free wi-fi in the room which helped me keep in touch with home .The small downside was I had to renew the connection everyday which was a bit of a hassle.
Best of all it had a seating area with couch chair and table -the main reason we chose this hotel as we would be there for nearly 3 weeks and were looking for some home comforts.
the room was cleaned every day and towels etc replenished.
We made great use of the swimming pool which was of a high standard with lovely fluffy towels provided. My only small quibble was that it was unmanned and I could see no evidence of close circuit television. I often was alone in the pool and wondered how long I would go unnoticed if I met with an accident.
We did not eat in the hotel although the daytime menu looked good. we would have taken breakfast if it had been a little less expensive. $18 each for what was a very standard breakfast was extortionate especially as some central hotels serve a similar breakfast free.
In another review I will tell you of the excellent alternative we found at $7 including the ubiquitous 15% add on.
The hotel is ideally placed for getting around Toronto. A 1 minute walk to the bus station and a 8-10min walk to Union Train and Subway station. It is also close enough to walk to Eaton Shopping Mall the Distillery District Lakeside etc.Its less than 5 minutes from St Lawrence Market.
Some tips -ask for those little extras to make your stay comfie -kettle etc I found them very obliging.
- there are always taxis outside the hotel night and day.I ordered one through the hotel and it cost over twice as much -it was a limo though!!
-look around the area for breakfast -lots of choice.
-don't use the bar snacks -extortionate -there is a shop right next to the hotel
-unless in a hurry don't use the laundry service .There is a wash and fold service just beside St Lawrence Market where the clothes come back as if they had been ironed -very impressive.
A nice hotel but it is an hotel and for those home -from - home touches it takes a wee bit of effort.
Would stay there again for the comfort of the room ,Its swimming pool and its central position.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Toronto is nestled in the historic district of Old Town Toronto. Get a glimpse into Toronto’s past strolling through cobblestone streets, enjoy a wide array of gastronomical international treats at the St. Lawrence Market or savour the flavours from myriad restaurants and pubs. Just steps from the Hockey Hall of Fame, Harbourfront and Union Station, the Novotel is 30 minutes from Pearson International Airport and 5 minutes from Billy Bishop Airport.With a European flavour, whether you are staying for business or pleasure the hotel offers a variety of services to make any stay exceptional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Toronto Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Toronto Centre Hotel Toronto
- Accor Toronto Centre
- Toronto Novotel