“Central location, moderate hotel. Better options elsewhere”

Novotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #46 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at Novotel for an inhouse business meeting.
While the location is quite central, i was less than "blown away" by both the hotel service and the quality of the lodging. There are other better located hotels in the downtown offering better value and better service. The room I stayed in was comfortable, but the furnishings a bit worn. Facilities could use more thorough cleaning and an update. The soundproofing suboptimal.
The service I had was reasonable, but not great. Overall it was an un-inspired hotel trip in terms of service,quality and charm.
An additional note:
The meeting facilities however were well provided for, and sound/projector equipment worked very well.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
GMNovoteltc, Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thanks for alerting us to this. We work hard to offer good food and friendly service, and I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. I hope you will give us another chance in the future. If you‟d like to contact me directly, please call the hotel and ask for Denise.

There are newer reviews for Novotel Toronto Centre

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is looking worn. However, did experience bedbugs on the 6th floor. Staff were responsive-offering to move or a refund. Decided to pack and leave in the middle of the night. Parking garage is a slum and needs to be closed. Too bad.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Ticatman,
Thank you for your review. First and foremost this isolated incident has been taken very seriously by the staff and management of our hotel.

Our guests, past and future, should not be alarmed as there is not a bed bug problem at our hotel. Although an isolated occurrence, anytime a guest is not satisfied for any reason it becomes a top concern for all of us at the hotel, as guest satisfaction and comfort remain our number one priority.

Regarding the incident in question the room was immediately taken off-line; a staff evaluation was conducted, followed by a thorough professional examination by experts. It was not until management was 100% certain that the room was suitable for occupancy that it was returned to inventory.

We unequivocally apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort caused and once again we would like to assure you that the hotel does not have a bed bug problem. We take every step including staff training and implementing professional preventative programs to ensure our guest's comfort.

I invite you to contact me directly to discuss this further. please call the hotel and ask for the GM.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here in January 2013 and booked on hotels.com. Based on internet reviews and the novotel name we were expecting better rooms and probably would have chosen another hotel within the price range had we been able to see the rooms in person beforehand. We thought maybe we had gotten a room that hasn't been updated yet (we just booked a standard room), but a friend also booked a room and they looked exactly the same, in the need of an update. Walls, carpets, furniture show signs of age. Bathroom is not comfortable enough to take a bath in (old tile, small tub) which is a shame. Beds are not super comfortable and most rooms I have seen have strange ugly couches (i think they might be pull outs?). The lobby and restaurant is better with a more refreshed and updated look. Gym was nice as well. Staff is friendly, food is average (although I have heard the Sunday brunch should be good) ...oh, and the coffee is not so good..maybe the lattes are better, i don't know. OVerall I would say it is average and you should not pay more than 100-130$ for the room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MelJeffNB
Reviewed January 24, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Qantas380
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Well thought out room (e.g. built in place for suitcase) with comfortable bed. Excellent air quality and quiet for sleeping. Convenient for Union Station users but lots of construction in the area right now, making it feel a bit awkward to get to. I didn't notice any noise effects of the construction once inside the hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great Location on The Esplanade. Room was dated with cracked tiles in the bathroom. Good size room and bathroom. I expected it to be noisy at night because it was during the day but I was pleasantly surprised how quiet it was at night. I also slept better than usual. Buffet food served at business meeting was good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I`ve spent 3 nights in the Novotel Toronto centre in december 2012. This was my second time in the hotel. I`ve returned because I really liked it`s installations and confort. I really recomend this hotel but a smal problem occurred to me. I`ve had a reservation in ``pay-upon-booking``way but at the end of my stay they`ve recharged my credit card. Hotel staffs were not very kind but Accor Brazil and USA centers solved my problem. I believe that it was an acciental problem that was solved by Accord central. I advise all tourists to allways check credit card facture, to keep all receipts and to immediatly contact Accor staffs in case of any problem.
By the way hotel localization and facilities are perfect, cleaning and confort are really good too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple