“Be Careful” 2 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
GTA
“Be Careful”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is looking worn. However, did experience bedbugs on the 6th floor. Staff were responsive-offering to move or a refund. Decided to pack and leave in the middle of the night. Parking garage is a slum and needs to be closed. Too bad.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GMNovoteltc, Manager at Novotel Toronto Centre, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Ticatman,
Thank you for your review. First and foremost this isolated incident has been taken very seriously by the staff and management of our hotel.

Our guests, past and future, should not be alarmed as there is not a bed bug problem at our hotel. Although an isolated occurrence, anytime a guest is not satisfied for any reason it becomes a top concern for all of us at the hotel, as guest satisfaction and comfort remain our number one priority.

Regarding the incident in question the room was immediately taken off-line; a staff evaluation was conducted, followed by a thorough professional examination by experts. It was not until management was 100% certain that the room was suitable for occupancy that it was returned to inventory.

We unequivocally apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort caused and once again we would like to assure you that the hotel does not have a bed bug problem. We take every step including staff training and implementing professional preventative programs to ensure our guest's comfort.

I invite you to contact me directly to discuss this further. please call the hotel and ask for the GM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Shediac, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here in January 2013 and booked on hotels.com. Based on internet reviews and the novotel name we were expecting better rooms and probably would have chosen another hotel within the price range had we been able to see the rooms in person beforehand. We thought maybe we had gotten a room that hasn't been updated yet (we just booked a standard room), but a friend also booked a room and they looked exactly the same, in the need of an update. Walls, carpets, furniture show signs of age. Bathroom is not comfortable enough to take a bath in (old tile, small tub) which is a shame. Beds are not super comfortable and most rooms I have seen have strange ugly couches (i think they might be pull outs?). The lobby and restaurant is better with a more refreshed and updated look. Gym was nice as well. Staff is friendly, food is average (although I have heard the Sunday brunch should be good) ...oh, and the coffee is not so good..maybe the lattes are better, i don't know. OVerall I would say it is average and you should not pay more than 100-130$ for the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MelJeffNB
London, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Well thought out room (e.g. built in place for suitcase) with comfortable bed. Excellent air quality and quiet for sleeping. Convenient for Union Station users but lots of construction in the area right now, making it feel a bit awkward to get to. I didn't notice any noise effects of the construction once inside the hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thornhill, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great Location on The Esplanade. Room was dated with cracked tiles in the bathroom. Good size room and bathroom. I expected it to be noisy at night because it was during the day but I was pleasantly surprised how quiet it was at night. I also slept better than usual. Buffet food served at business meeting was good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brasilia, DF
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I`ve spent 3 nights in the Novotel Toronto centre in december 2012. This was my second time in the hotel. I`ve returned because I really liked it`s installations and confort. I really recomend this hotel but a smal problem occurred to me. I`ve had a reservation in ``pay-upon-booking``way but at the end of my stay they`ve recharged my credit card. Hotel staffs were not very kind but Accor Brazil and USA centers solved my problem. I believe that it was an acciental problem that was solved by Accord central. I advise all tourists to allways check credit card facture, to keep all receipts and to immediatly contact Accor staffs in case of any problem.
By the way hotel localization and facilities are perfect, cleaning and confort are really good too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cirogomes
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I booked this hotel at the last minute and appreciated the fast checkin. The room was well appointed which I find is consistent with other Novotels I have stayed in. As I did not have a laptop I appreciated that there was a desktop computer in the lobby which i utilized. As others have pointed out it has an excellent location within walking distance to subway/metro, restaurants, theatre, Hockey Hall of Fame

I would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo