“Excellent night's sleep”

Novotel Toronto Centre
Ranked #46 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Well thought out room (e.g. built in place for suitcase) with comfortable bed. Excellent air quality and quiet for sleeping. Convenient for Union Station users but lots of construction in the area right now, making it feel a bit awkward to get to. I didn't notice any noise effects of the construction once inside the hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Novotel Toronto Centre

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great Location on The Esplanade. Room was dated with cracked tiles in the bathroom. Good size room and bathroom. I expected it to be noisy at night because it was during the day but I was pleasantly surprised how quiet it was at night. I also slept better than usual. Buffet food served at business meeting was good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I`ve spent 3 nights in the Novotel Toronto centre in december 2012. This was my second time in the hotel. I`ve returned because I really liked it`s installations and confort. I really recomend this hotel but a smal problem occurred to me. I`ve had a reservation in ``pay-upon-booking``way but at the end of my stay they`ve recharged my credit card. Hotel staffs were not very kind but Accor Brazil and USA centers solved my problem. I believe that it was an acciental problem that was solved by Accord central. I advise all tourists to allways check credit card facture, to keep all receipts and to immediatly contact Accor staffs in case of any problem.
By the way hotel localization and facilities are perfect, cleaning and confort are really good too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cirogomes
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I booked this hotel at the last minute and appreciated the fast checkin. The room was well appointed which I find is consistent with other Novotels I have stayed in. As I did not have a laptop I appreciated that there was a desktop computer in the lobby which i utilized. As others have pointed out it has an excellent location within walking distance to subway/metro, restaurants, theatre, Hockey Hall of Fame

I would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Odessafile75
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I agree with the comments about the street noise and the Hotel being a little dated, however the rooms are a good size, the breakfast buffet really good value and lots of choice plus I found the staff to be extremely helpful (we stayed here once in December and once in January). As I pre-paid for the accommodation I can't remember what we paid. My assumption is that this Hotel will be a little cheaper than others, so if you can get a good deal I recommend staying here. I didn't think the dinner food was great but it is reasonable value.

Room Tip: Lower room numbers on each floor should have less street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Reginald M
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here for a short business trip. Previous reviewer really captured my comments down to the streetside noise. Location is good, free parking is helpful, hotel needs a facelift, staff were fine but i didnt need much, food was ok and buffet breakfast was good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravellingColoradans
Reviewed January 9, 2013

There are several upsides to this property. Location is great, close to subway, Eaton Center, St. Lawrence Market. There are about six bars or pubs on the opposite side of the street. Parking has in and out privileges which is rare and helpful if you're traveling around town. Bed was super comfortable. Downsides - property is dated and needs a refresh. Lobby is not attractive, room looks tired, TV is small and old. We were on the street side and heard some noise from the bar lineups. Stay away from that side or ask for a higher floor. We got a very good price at hotels.com - with the discount it was good value for money.

Room Tip: Higher floor not on street side near bars
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family