Novotel Toronto Centre
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$275
$151
$129
Orbitz.com
2,275 results
All reviewslawrence marketold spaghetti factoryunion stationgreat locationcafe nicolecn towersony centrehockey hall of famedistillery districtwalking distanceair canada centreparking garagedirectly across the streetbars and restaurantsbreakfast buffetroom keyyonge street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Hi, We stayed at this hotel August 17th for 4 nights. Very central for all sightseeing, quite a grand entrance - we really enjoyed the city especially the distillary quarter and CN tower. I agree with some of the other comments - the room was a bit out dated, TV, furnishings etc, room was clean but on opening the door it smelt noticeably smoky even though we had asked for a non smoking room. We were situated not far from ice making machine which clunked during the night. There was no room cleaning for two days and on second day when we returned from a day out we luckily found a chambermaid on our floor for more tea/coffee supplies. On the third day (evening again after a trip to Niagara falls, beautiful and well worth a visit) we had to ask at reception for tea/coffee to be replenished. While there we asked why this wasn't done daily we were told we had to ask for daily cleaning. We have never heard of this before, we have had times in other places when we've used the do not clean/disturb but never one when we've had to request a tidy round. The breakfast staff were great and reception staff gave us some money saving tips on how to get round the city. Would return to Toronto but not sure I would use this Novotel again even though it was handy for shops and sightseeing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheredith
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here in September while attending a concert at the Sony Centre. Nice location, very close proximity to various venues, including multiple pubs (if those turn your crank). Located directly across the street from the Old Spagetti Factory and also The Keg. We ended up having a bite to eat in the restaurant in the hotel, and the food was surprisingly good! Would definately go back here again if the price was still reasonable. We booked through Hotels.ca

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rodgersfamily
Reviewed October 2, 2012

dangerous parking garage that leads you into a locked stair well, really safe... really safe.. the rooms were outdated and smelt as well. looked alot nicer in the photo too.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Pros:
- Comfortable bed & pillows
- Large bathroom bench / area
- Complimentary Wifi
- Full length mirror
- Clean
- Close to great restaurants
- Lovely foyer with iMac's for guest to use for free
- Reasonable price for a reasonably good location in Toronto City
- Quite a big room

Cons:
- Below average service from staff at reception. When we checked in it seemed as if it were a hassle & the grumpy guy mumbled & grunted at us during the process. Wasn't cool- service is the biggest thing to me
- Room stunk of cigarettes
- Restaurant is overpriced & not extremely tasty
- Hallways can get quite noisy to the point it wakes you up at night, twice in a row on the weekend
- No flat screen TV which I thought was a bit odd for a hotel like the Novotel
- Can't use the fridge for your own supplies
- The latest we were able to request for a late check out was 1pm.

I think the option for the hotel is good for the price but when/if I return I would probably stay closer to the centre of the city. I also hope the customer service was a one off problem because that's something that has put me off returning to the Novotel on the Esplanade.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank The_Lovecats5
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

I was staying here on business for two weeks and enjoyed it thoroughly. Though there were some misunderstandings regarding my billing to my company's head office (they misplaced the fax with our billing info), they were kind enough to check me in and await the information which eventually was resent.
While there I enjoyed stellar service at this hotel and the staff very accommodating. My room was always very clean.
This location is minutes away (on foot) to the Union Station transit hub(TTC and VIA Rail), Theatres, CN tower and shopping, at a much better value than some pricier places nearby. At the time I was there, there was construction going on from a road project and condo being built, so it was a little harder to get there by car.
Right across the street is a great selection of sidewalk bistros which is a plus for the beer lover!

• Stayed: July 2012