“Warm and Classic Victorian”

Madison Manor Boutique Hotel
Ranked #84 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed August 26, 2008

This summer We decided to go with a smaller Boutique style hotel instead of our usual stay at Mega hotel chain. I can tell you this will be our choice for future hotel stays, The room we had was a beautiful suite with a very cozy homey feeling. We were a bit concerned with the noise level being next door to The Madison Avenue Pub ( great food and atmosphere), but I can tell you this was not a problem.
The Location of the Manor was great for us with loads of shopping and easy access to the subway.
We greatly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 23, 2008

Rooms are clean and cute, location is good and staff is friendly and helpful. Liked that there was free internet and lots of towels! Only complaint is the breakfast food, which is nothing to write home about. Would recommend Room 401 as noise from pub next door can be shut out.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2008

In a big city like Toronto, where customer service is often forgotten, Madison Manor was a treasured piece of Paradise. Their staff were professional, courteous and endeavoured to make every aspect of our stay enjoyable. We booked directly through the front desk on a recommendation from some friends and found them to be organized and accommodating. As we have family in Toronto, we visit a few times a year, and will definitely be making this our 'home away from home'!!!

Stayed: December 2007
3  Thank OttawaHazMan
Reviewed November 30, 2007

This inn is right next door to a fraternity house. We stayed there on a Friday and Saturday night. Both nights, we were kept awake by the partying and screaming very late into the night.

When I called to make a reservation, they talked me into staying in a suite for a little more money. We stayed in Rm. 201. This room is on the bottom floor in the front of the house. It was a lovely room, but like I said VERY LOUD.

Stayed: October 2007
5  Thank somanyplaces2see
Reviewed November 26, 2007

I have traveled a lot worldwide and this hotel is one of a handful I actually look forward seeing again. I've long since ceased to frequent chain type hotels. Lovely room, well appointed room even a fireplace, friendly helpful staff , easy access to outdoors and to the heart of the city, a nice pub next door frequented by some of Canada's brightest and best university students ( where I had a chance to touch the pulse of academic energy and feel a bit younger).. a window into the life of a city. A real pleasure for those who like to experience what is unique about a city, see what makes it unique. Reminds me of another of my farourites, a small boutique hotel on the left bank near Notre Dame Cathedral - Paris

Mike Cole

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank macno
Reviewed October 26, 2007

Madison Manor is a nicely appointed Victorian mansion where wealthy U of T students can crash after drinking themselves into a stupor at the pub next door. I arrived just after 11:00 and found it locked up tight, with no number to call for help. The parking spot I had reserved (for $15/night) was unavailable so I parked as directed in the alley next to the bar. Next morning I had to interrupt an important business meeting and take a taxi across town when the front desk called to warn me that my car would be towed if I didn't move it immediately. By Thursday the noise from the bar had become unbearable, and I fled in the middle of the night after running a gauntlet of heckling pub patrons and staff. My worst hotel stay ever.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank desertlavender
Reviewed April 3, 2007

I found the decor of the Manor magnificent. It is the only time I have enjoyed the art in a motel. The antiques were lovely. The little vanity desk in 406 was just like one my grandmother had had years ago. I would describe the Manor as charming. Kudos as well for the perfect showers, fireplaces and the like. The Brass would be proud of the intricacies. I also enjoyed the bountiful breakfasts.

For all the years that I lived in Toronto, I never once acted out the tourist role. This was the trip to address Toronto's many attractions. I was shocked and delighted to see the convenient location of The Madison Manor.
I poured over Yorkville, visiting Louis Vitton, Hermes and Chanel houses. I went to the Cumberland 4 movie theatre for the opening of The Queen. I visited the AGO's Andy Warhal exhibit and then the ROM. It was great to be in the heart of Toronto, and all this for a reasonable rate.

Stayed: October 2006