“One of the greatest hotels in Toronto”

The Omni King Edward Hotel
Ranked #9 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed September 16, 2009

I can't even begin to describe how incredible this hotel is. Every single time that I stay here I am more and more amazed by their exceptional level of customer service and dedication to making each experience for each guest an amazing one. From the friendly front desk staff to the spacious, clean rooms I can't think of another place that I'd like to stay. The in-room service is incredible (the food is amazing!) and the hotel in general goes out of their way to make sure that you feel welcome and special. I love it!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 8, 2009

We stayed using SPG points and were not disappointed. The room was Jr. Club level and included complimentary Club beverages and snack in the evening, continental breakfast and internet. The room was of a nice size and we were impressed. The shower water pressure did seem a little off initially but it was a result of the shower head being placed on a low pressure setting. Did not notice any hot water issues in our two night stay. Location was very good and we opted to find our own parking nearby and from what I read, we saved some money on this part. The parking lot was 1/2 block away. We recommend if the price is right.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Our stay unfortunately coincided with 'Wuffstock' the dog festival and we shared lifts and public rooms with barking slavering dogs it was incredible. If you are planning to visit Toronto check which hotels do NOT allow dogs and you will be safe. The hotel also wanted to charge us a ridiculous amount of money to have beverage facilities in our room. By the time we arrived at this hotel we had travelled all across Canada and this was the only hotel which wanted to levy a charge.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Priceline is my new best friend! This was my first time using priceline to bid for lodging. My bid of $80 a night was accepted (looks like it could have been lower around $65 according to other reviews). After this experience, I learned one trick for bidding. To make sure you get the lowest price that would be accepted, make sure to go to tripadvisor, do a search for the city you want to stay in and the word "priceline" in your search. You'll get a bunch of reviews with people telling you what they bid. Using those numbers, you'll get an idea what would be accepted by Priceline.

Anyway, back to the hotel, like any first timers, I was worried after reading the reviews for this hotel. But I got my fingers crossed hoping things will work out well and they did.

For eighty dollars a night, we can't really complain. And there wasn't much to complain about except for 2 things:

1) we had to wait an hour before our room was ready, and that was only we nagged the front desk. We arrived for check-in at 3:30. They kept telling us the room would be ready in 20 minutes. After the third time, my husband got upset and that was when they really called up housekeeping and got them to start cleaning the room.

2) None of the doormen were very friendly. No "hello", no "welcome".. but whatever.. I didn't really care.

The room itself was big with high ceiling. It was clean. The bathroom was good size. It's just like any other hotel for its normal price range. It's right in the middle of downtown Torronto, one block to a Catholic Church, 2-3 blocks a farmer's market (St. Laurence Market--which I didn't really care for). 6 blocks to Eaton shopping center.

We never ran out of hot water in our bathroom nor did we think the water pressure was low like other reviewers had said. I had a bath full of hot water to soak in every night. But I think we were lucky because we met another young couple in the elevator and they mentioned their hot water ran out. We also received a notice saying that they would have some one to come and fix the hot water/electrical problems in the building.

I don't understand why people were complaining about the cost of meals, valet parking, internet connection, and of the minibar drinks. It's a hotel! Any of such thing is expensive! What did they expect?! And from my experience at staying at 4-star hotels, I had always been charged for internet connection, so I'm pretty use to the charge.. No complaints from me here. I also learned that $40 valet parking is actually comparable to any downtown parking. Because we went to Chicago the next week and the hotel we stayed at hat valet parking for $51, self parking was $36. That puts things into perspective, doesn't it.

Overall, this hotel is just like any other hotel we stayed at in terms of services and prices. And for the price we paid, we'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Upon check in at 4:30 pm (standard check in is 3:00 pm) we waited 30 min because our room was "not ready". My reservation was club level Jr. Suite, we ended up in an executive room ... not on club level. The I had to remind them that club level included amenities (breakfast, Hors d'œuvres & drinks, etc.) frustrating check in process. Be prepared to be nickel & dimed (no ice makers on indivudual floors so when we asked for a bucket of ice we were told 1 is complimentary and if we ordered a second bucket we would be charged $3... so tacky) Internet is available at a fee... at this level they should just throw it in... I mean c'mon people... if the Hilton Garden Inn & Courtyard Marriott can throw it in... so can a hotel that boasts a $300 a night stay... Room was dirty, carpets in hallways & room are old, dirty, torn, etc. Bed was really uncomfortable, seemed hard, flat, not a good combination when you are looking for a good night sleep. Overall not a pleasant experience. For the record the standard in Toronto is quite low... compared to cities like Miami, NY, Chicago, etc. I have stayed in every single 4 star hotel in the East & West sides of Dwntwn Toronto and I am not impressed to say the least. Hilton Dwntwn provides the best accomadations but lacks in service...

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2009

As you walk into the lobby it full of beautiful decorations and architecture. But thats where it ends. The rooms and all facilitys are very tacky and they seemed to was to be elegant but something always felt missing. In the rooms you could hear all the noise surrounding you and everything made odd sounds, the taps to the beds. All spa purchases were very expensive and not adiquate and no staff was very friendly. However it is within walking distance of the Eaton Centre and close to subways and easy to get taxi's with the assistance of the valet.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Booked through priceline and I echo the previous poster's comments regarding staff attitude towards priceline customers. Why does this hotel even bother to offer rooms through the site if they are going to be so hostile? A guest is a guest... it shouldn't matter how they booked the room.

Arrived at 4:30, greeted by an unfriendly front desk clerk who told us that the room wouldn't be ready until 5pm (I think check-in time was 3pm). After waiting 30 minutes I went back up to the front desk and this time a friendlier staff person checked us in. The room was finally ready. We got to the room which was very basic and small. There were stains on the carpet and the furniture was worn a bit.

There are much nicer hotels in Toronto this this one. The rooms and front desk staff need an upgrade.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family